Non 0 visa and denied entry

I just obtain, here in France, a three months non O visa as marry to thai female. One of the point needeed for obtin this visa is to show to the local Consulate a financial proof of equivalent 20.000 thb. I bring a copy of both my accounts here in Europe and with Kasikorn in Thailand.

Will fliy back to Thailand this Sunday: should they will ask me again the proof of 20.000 thb at the immigration or not? Cause if they do why they ask the bank statement for obtain the visa?

It's not 20000 bath it's 5000€ on bank statements during 3 months.

""""

6 Un relevé bancaire récent avec un solde créditeur minimum de 5000 euros (l’exemplaire de relevé bancaire imprimé sur l’internet n’est pas recevable, à défaut, cet exemplaire doit être signé et tamponné par la banque) ou l’original d’une attestation bancaire justifiant le solde créditeur demandé

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/visa-non-immigrant-«-o-»/

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post

6 hours ago, pby92 said:

It's not 20000 bath it's 5000€ on bank statements during 3 months.

""""

6 Un relevé bancaire récent avec un solde créditeur minimum de 5000 euros (l’exemplaire de relevé bancaire imprimé sur l’internet n’est pas recevable, à défaut, cet exemplaire doit être signé et tamponné par la banque) ou l’original d’une attestation bancaire justifiant le solde créditeur demandé

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/visa-non-immigrant-«-o-»/

I think that is is an error. It should be 500 euros which is about 20k baht.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai French embassy says €5000 for both non o retierd (3 months bank statement) and non o marriage (one month bank statement). Also states Consulates can not issue non o visa's. Which was my point when asking the OP

Edited by jeab1980

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Thai French embassy says €5000 for both non o retierd (3 months bank statement) and non o marriage (one month bank statement). Also states Consulates can not issue non o visa's. Which was my point when asking the OP

I will stand by my statement about the error. Why would the OP write 20k baht if the they really wanted almost 200k baht.

Not sure where it says they cannot issue a non-o visa. The embassy and the consulates may not issue one for being 50 or over. The embassy would only do a OA visa.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I will stand by my statement about the error. Why would the OP write 20k baht if the they really wanted almost 200k baht.

Not sure where it says they cannot issue a non-o visa. The embassy and the consulates may not issue one for being 50 or over. The embassy would only do a OA visa.

Its been on here and ive seen it on a website somewhere that consulates in france can now only issue Tourist or transit visa's will look for link on web later

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

5000 euros as per the websites financial requirements is almost 200,000 baht, not 20,000 baht.

I had to show the equivalent of 200,000 baht to obtain a single entry Non Imm O in the UK 3 years ago, so nothing unusual that the French request the same.

Edited by Tanoshi

16 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Its been on here and ive seen it on a website somewhere that consulates in france can now only issue Tourist or transit visa's will look for link on web later

I think you may be remembering posts referencing the fact that many (all?) Honorary Consulates can only issue Single-Entry visas, now.  They can still issue non-Immigrant visas, such as a Non-O - just not "1 Year Multiple Entry" variations of those. 

The Embassy and Consulates in France does add some additional restrictions (I have to wonder if colonial-period issues/conflicts are a factor in this) - but each Embassy/Consulate makes up many of its own rules and may or may not offer a particular type of visa.

• Like 1

Just now, JackThompson said:

I think you may be remembering posts referencing the fact that many (all?) Honorary Consulates can only issue Single-Entry visas, now.  They can still issue non-Immigrant visas, such as a Non-O - just not "1 Year Multiple Entry" variations of those. 

The Embassy and Consulates in France does add some additional restrictions (I have to wonder if colonial-period issues/conflicts are a factor in this) - but each Embassy/Consulate makes up many of its own rules and may or may not offer a particular type of visa.

No it was specifically about france

Recently Thai Consulate in Monaco issued the Non-O visa  but now, not anymore, because they get a directive to issue only a Tourist or Transit visa from the Thai Embassy in Paris.

copied from a post on here this year.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

5000 euros as per the websites financial requirements is almost 200,000 baht, not 20,000 baht.

I had to show the equivalent of 200,000 baht to obtain a single entry Non Imm O in the UK 3 years ago, so nothing unusual that the French request the same.

You are comparing apples to oranges. The OP applied for a non-o based upon marriage not retirement and only had to show 20k baht.

I wrote it should be 500 euros not 5000 euros.

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes they might ask to see 20K but it's unlikely given your type of visa.

I was told 400, 000 by Thai embassy in Doha. That was a year multi entry though

31 minutes ago, DeeMak9 said:

Can someone please edit this title?

Yes, that's now a very misleading headline and is going to have people panicking, then finding out it's just about French conditions and the visa holder hasn't even arrived in Thailand yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

This is a per-consulate rule - does not apply everywhere.

Yes looks like it, I've got that visa in Penang, UK and Singapore before and did not have to show 400,000

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are comparing apples to oranges. The OP applied for a non-o based upon marriage not retirement and only had to show 20k baht.

I wrote it should be 500 euros not 5000 euros.

The OP didn't state whether he applied for a single or multiple entry Non Imm O, but regardless the website states 5000 euro financial requirement for either.

If as you state, it should only be 500 euro, I find it hard to believe the French Embassy hasn't received multiple complaints about the error and corrected their website. The OP may have simply missed a '0' from his figure of 20,000 baht.

4 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Yes looks like it, I've got that visa in Penang, UK and Singapore before and did not have to show 400,000

You will need it in Penang, if you apply there again.  First they asked for 100K, now 400K.  I think Singapore wants 400K, as well. 

Edited by JackThompson

What is confusing me (tiz easy now a days mind).

It has been widley reported on here that some Consulates have been told they can no longer issue Non O visas Embassies only ie Hull/liverpool ect. So are we saying that Consulates in France can still issue Non o visa?

16 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You will need it in Penang, if you apply there again.  First they asked for 100K, now 400K.  I think Singapore wants 400K, as well. 

Yes, I don't recall it being that much which is why it raised my eyebrows when they said 400,000 over the phone. Not a problem just seems like a lot of money when you take into account what an average Thai needs to live on for a year 

19 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

What is confusing me (tiz easy now a days mind).

It has been widley reported on here that some Consulates have been told they can no longer issue Non O visas Embassies only ie Hull/liverpool ect. So are we saying that Consulates in France can still issue Non o visa?

I recall the issue with consulates not being able to issue visa is with ME visa, not with single entries.

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The OP didn't state whether he applied for a single or multiple entry Non Imm O, but regardless the website states 5000 euro financial requirement for either.

If as you state, it should only be 500 euro, I find it hard to believe the French Embassy hasn't received multiple complaints about the error and corrected their website. The OP may have simply missed a '0' from his figure of 20,000 baht.

The OP wrote "I just obtain, here in France, a three months non O visa as marry to thai female" which appears to mean a single entry non-o visa. I am not sure the embassy in Paris issues a multiple entry non-o. If my memory serves me correct I can recall reports of them not doing them.

You must not of looked a very many embassy and consulate websites. Almost everyone of them have errors  that have been on them for years. The don't listen to complaints.

I think the OP meant 20k baht since he is asking if it is needed for entry and that is the number needed for entry if asked for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

I recall the issue with consulates not being able to issue visa is with ME visa, not with single entries.

Penang's a consulate I got a spousal 1-year Multi entry there a few years ago, don't  know about now but I believe you can still get one there