Video: Pattaya bar girl loses phone after agreeing to meet foreigner

webfact

Video: Pattaya bar girl loses phone after agreeing to meet foreigner

6pm.jpg

PIcture: Siamchon

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya bar girl was left without her phone after being conned in the street by a woman who said a foreign man wanted to meet her.

Twenty eight year old Saisamorn Phakphoom who works in a beer bar in the city said that a 50 year old woman befriended her when she was buying some things in a 7/11.

The woman said a foreigner was interested in meeting her for a liaison and Saisamorn agreed to get on her bike to go and meet him.

She was driven to Soi Kor Phai 4 where the go between woman asked to borrow her Samsung J phone to call the foreigner.

While Saisamorn was distracted she drove off at speed on the bike.

The phone was worth 5,900 baht.

Police radioed ahead but the thief had disappeared without a trace.

Siamchon reported that crimes of this nature were a frequent occurrence in this area. They called on the police to do something about it as it was damaging the image of the resort.

Source: Siamchon

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-18

I don't get the hate on the FB page for the victim here. She seems like a pretty nice lady from the interview she gave.

Not all girls who work in bars are crooks and thieves.. The fact this lady had a pretty dire phone probably indicates that she is hardly wealthy.

I hope those who robbed her are found and that the victim gets her phone back

28 minutes ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

They should arrest the foreigner and deport him immediately for being in this story.

I don't think you understand the scam. There is no foreigner. She just made him up to steal the phone.

Cheers.

"Siamchon reported that crimes of this nature were a frequent occurrence in this area. They called on the police to do something about it as it was damaging the image of the resort."

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by NCC1701A

14 minutes ago, z42 said:

I don't get the hate on the FB page for the victim here. She seems like a pretty nice lady from the interview she gave.

Not all girls who work in bars are crooks and thieves.. The fact this lady had a pretty dire phone probably indicates that she is hardly wealthy.

Nice, but not very smart it would seem. Given TAT tells us there are record numbers of tourists here, the locals shouldn't need to be stealing from each other, but I guess all those tourists have gone somewhere other than Pattaya and aren't here to be robbed. I do agree though, way too much phone theft going on here, not to mention bags and necklaces.

She is quite pretty though. If she doesn't have a spare phone, I wouldn't mind going down there and giving her one.:smile:

Edited by darksidedog

12 minutes ago, Draught4me said:

I don't think you understand the scam. There is no foreigner. She just made him up to steal the phone.

Cheers.

The headline is rather misleading though.

Anyhow, I'd buy her drink...maybe even a new phone.

She seems like a reasonable gal just trying to make a baht.

I comprehend just enough Thai to see that she isn't a psycho.

did anyone think of doing the find phone thing thats built into android phones ?

would love to know "where "the police radioed ahead to, is there a phone thief head office maybe 

Edited by Peterw42

1 hour ago, z42 said:

People love to hate. Makes them feel better about their own miserable existence. Sanctimony seems to be the key to happiness for many. 

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

People love to hate. Makes them feel better about their own miserable existence. Sanctimony seems to be the key to happiness for many. 

The world does seem to be full of Church Ladies, especially online doesn't it? I almost feel sorry for Somebody's Mate Nate.

Edited by jaywalker

Mun is the Thai were for "It"....nothing like, adding like to the end of every 3 words. Frustrated excited Thais use Mun a lot. Also, still off topic as this is about a phone theft. Irony and sarcasm are lost on most TV readers....I refer to the joke about the "foreigner" in the scam.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They called on the police to do something about it as it was damaging the image of the resort.

The police do this every day of their lives and in particular on the last day of the month when it's envelope-collecting time.