looks good

in the uk he would have been shot dead!

pepper sprayed!

tazered!

maimed or murdered

machine gun anyone down and if an innocent passerby is shot, so be it

uk police now want to ram teenagers off their mopeds and if they die, they die

thats the new proposal coming out of the uk this week

You might just mention too that a couple of days ago 2 teenagers on mopeds threw acid over 5 people in the space of 90 mins as a robbery tactic, seriously disfiguring one or two of those innocent people. So its not any old teenagers they want to make safe, but only ones intent on causing GBH or robbing others. And given that at this time, acid is not an illegal substance to carry around, extreme circumstances call for extreme counter-measures. 

And just to put things in perspective about the UK cops - they shoot in the average year about 0.5 % of the number of people that US cops kill. Still too many, but they are saints compared to the US cops, who can shoot you on the slightest pretext with more or less impunity, especially if you are coloured or mentally ill. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

The next day I went to see him in hospital. I didn't witness the incident, but I heard his story

Yep -- Drunk drivers always tell a good tale especially after running from the police. 

Glad this one only managed to cause damage to himself 

NB 

I am surprised you were not aware that there is more than one Perth in the world ! 

Edited by perthperson

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

So what they gonna do?

Maybe say to the suspect, hang in there for 10 minutes while the fancy shaped sticks are brought from the police station.:cheesy:

Totally impractical for police to carry them around.

Obviously, they are similar to a telescopic cosh that fits into the pocket

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Say what you like about Thai cops but at least they go out of their way not to use guns.

I was going to make the same point. In many US cities the guy would be shot likely shot dead or choked to death. Especially if the wrong race, or is that just media hype. I recently read a meme stating it is a sorry state of affairs when people need to be reminded that any life matters. 

11 hours ago, Cadbury said:

They used to be on sale alongside other formidable weaponry and martial arts stuff at footpath stalls on Sukhumvit between Soi 5 and wherever. Don't know whether they still are.

what if the criminals get them? i still think those big cans of pepper spray are more practical.

7 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Obviously, they are similar to a telescopic cosh that fits into the pocket

Well you have clearly not seen the police video of the sticks, it is in the OP.

It shows the police lifting the looooonnnnggg sticks of the back of a pickup.

Keep up please check the facts before you post nonsense.

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

So what they gonna do?

Maybe say to the suspect, hang in there for 10 minutes while the fancy shaped sticks are brought from the police station.:cheesy:

Totally impractical for police to carry them around.

I agree totally, completely impractical for any kind of trouble, these sticks would have to be brought in via car whilst most first responders to trouble are usually on a motorbike. 

I would have thought a can of pepper spray which can be carried on the belt would have been a much better solution than this idea.

But then we all know the level of thinking over here!

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well you have clearly not seen the police video of the sticks, it is in the OP.

It shows the police lifting the looooonnnnggg sticks of the back of a pickup.

Keep up please check the facts before you post nonsense.

Obviously, you don't understand sarcasm are you from the US?

Just now, Dave67 said:

Obviously, you don't understand sarcasm are you from the US?

Well if you are going to use sarcasm, do it more clearly next time.

Also where on earth do you get the idea from that i am from the US?

Please stop insulting me with a comment like that.

1 hour ago, perthperson said:

Tasers are controversial and deaths have resulted from their use. I am aware that not all Western police forces choose to use tasers. 

Duh, when weapons are used deaths can occur! One punch can cause death also! Using these 'sticks' could also cause a death! Pull the criminal's legs out from under them, head hits concrete, death can follow!

Now if you have an absolute safe way of dealing with criminals please let us all know. But first, register, copyright or patent your way and you will end up being richer than Bill Gates. Alternatively, if you (or your family) are threatened by a criminal or criminals with weapons, DON'T call the Police use your way to deal with them. Ok? :whistling: