Russian woman begging with baby in Bangkok sparks debate amongst Thais online

webfact

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry, but she must be handed over to her embassy who in turn must either pay for her in Thailand or have her sent back to her homeland....

Try begging as an alien in the streets of some western nation and the same will happen...

ha.. are you for real ?? 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Tilacme said:

Never ever ever trust what a Russian says.

How does a stupid, completely unsubstantiated generalization like that help anyone? You'll not believe a person in apparent distress simply on the basis that she's Russian? Isn't our first social responsibility to help first?

Shame on you and all those whose first reaction is to scorn or ridicule!

if a foreigner overstays his/her visa and get's thrown in the immigration slammer, who says for their trip back to where they come from?Thai's? I hope not. and the police should check her story, where is her return ticket? when did he leave? they should be able to figure that out in order to prevent another foreign scam.

I Don't care what anyone says, where there is a child involved, someone needs to step in and investigate what the truth is, and help must be offered! They can start by at least tracking down the husband or other family members, if found to be the truth? Surly Russia can't be that cold towards their own people?

23 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Please return when your sober.

Would appreciate logical debate on this issue of a farang woman, selling pictures of her baby to pay for her jolly in SE Asia.

I don't drink.

Would appreciate you explain the difference between sexpat teflers and working without work permit and a degree to fund their sex trips in Asia and this Russian woman? 

13 hours ago, stegee said:

maybe like many westerners, these days,  they aren't particularly religious...

also begging is illegal in most western countries

yes they just take them to the nearest welfare branch and put them on the doll, a civilized way of begging 

I give nothing to beggars any where, the majority are scam artist. In the city I lived in many years ago there was a couple who would park their butts near the freeway and they had a sign stranded they would rake in 1500 dollars a day on Sat. and Sun. the remainder of the week I would see them about town going about their daily business. Put this woman in a taxi and send her to Russian Embassy I doubt she will want to go

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry, but she must be handed over to her embassy who in turn must either pay for her in Thailand or have her sent back to her homeland....

Try begging as an alien in the streets of some western nation and the same will happen...

Another quality farang who will plainly justify all the hassle at immigration counters towards other farangs on normal visits to the Kingdom...

Hmm, come to germany. There all over, noone cares. Goverment helps, gives them money,  room (shared first, but at least something) and whatnot, seems not all western countries are same.

Edited by Saenchai

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

How Buddhist of them, conveniently overlooking any human decency,

And fall back on the shambles that is called law here

How Christian of you to judge others rather than help this lady and seek no reward or attention to yourself. Just saying ?

First check if her story is true.

Remember Benjamin Holst the "most hated German in Asia" ?

Begging in Pattaya he told the story that his money and his passport were stolen

- then it came out that he used the money for world travel, drugs, alcohol, expensive food, hotels and prostitutes

he was in prison this year in Japan for begging, has been sued in court for begging in Denmark last week, is on his way to Ibiza for "business"  just now, was extradited from Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia....

He calls his begging "business"

and proudly presents his world travel and his luxury lifestyle on facebook where he has a lot of admiring followers (check it out)

Edited by sweatalot

3 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Well she isnt Bangkoks problem anymore, saw her while walking in the local park here in Chiang Mai this morning with same stroller and baby, How did she get to here the plot thickens.

In her couchsurfing profile she says she hitch hikes everywhere.

12 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes-and then they can sit down with a good book (does anyone  read good books these days?) such as Dr Elias Aboujaoude."Virtually You-The Dangerous Powers of the E Personality" and learn all about themselves,if they are capable of doing so.

Meanwhile it's back to stoning,flogging and deporting this women,Transylvania,1435 AD style.

Though Aboujaoude's work could do with some updating, and a neuroscience editor's bit of tweak in Chapter 1 (all I've read so far), I say: Thanks for that reference, Odysseus!

Heh. I think your scepticism regarding whether good books are read anymore would likely find confirmation if "Virtually You" was the challenge example for TVF punters, in the main.

Dr. Elias's prose lacks the 'flash' his 'tangled up in internet' patients run rampant with, and serious considerations by an MD who  has digested much psychodynamic and cognitive psychology along with modern psychiatry's neuropsychopharmacology, written in a style that I wish put a bit *less* effort 'toward reaching the popular' may still elicit  'tl:dr' from many a posting board 'savant' LONG before 30 pages, let alone 300  ;-) 

Cheers !

19 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

That's not quite correct.  Some embassies (US and UK) will provide a loan for repatriation if the foreigner is in danger and requires a flight out for safety reasons, if the foreigner is unable to raise funds for repatriation through their friends and family.  I'm not sure the Russian embassy would provide this service, but agree that she should be provided assistance to get to the Russian embassy to see if there is anything they can do.

Australia will loan money to it citizens especially in a circumstance like this. 

19 hours ago, YetAnother said:

How Buddhist of them, conveniently overlooking any human decency,

And fall back on the shambles that is called law here

How on earth can you turn this round and put it onto the Thai people, she's the one begging in the street, you've obviously got a big problem with Thai people /Thailand  

Some people came to the defence of the woman questioning how a father could leave their child in that situation.

Talk about double standards and calling the pot black !!!

How many holier than though Thais and farangs for that matter have produce children here and Shirked their responsibility and run away leaving the woman unaided to bring up this child alone? Some even boast about doing it, glass houses and stones spring to mind, along with disgust.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

3 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Some people came to the defence of the woman questioning how a father could leave their child in that situation.

Talk about double standards and calling the pot black !!!

How many holier than though Thais and farangs for that matter have produce children here and Shirked their responsibility and run away leaving the woman unaided to bring up this child alone? Some even boast about doing it, glass houses and stones spring to mind, along with disgust.

some people are not reading the whole thread and not reading the links, on her couchsurfing webpage it doesn't show here split with her husband - she is a sponger. 

23 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Another quality farang who will plainly justify all the hassle at immigration counters towards other farangs on normal visits to the Kingdom...

She russian on the quality tourist list with the chines and Indians. All other farangs are banned for not bringing 20,000 baht cash the orher quality tourist dont have to as they r on group tours all paid up in country of origin ' only  spend a little money at 7/11 or family mart for a beer . Basically she can go to embassy : they fly her home end of story . All the Africans and burmese ,Nepalese , lndians Arabs , run all the stores on sukhumvit and mbk department store " thais dont have the jobs cant afford the rent no jobs up goes crime " criky a blind can see " right in front of the police both soi 4 all the illegal pro's  i know prostitution is a illegal in thailand the locals have np choice or starve to death now have to compete with africans Russians Arabs etc all up from soi 3 side and sukhumvit rd "  been rife for years  graft has " basically bleed thailand dry . Gee jaunta done more damage to economy than anyone prior shinawatra clan were bad enough. This mob jaunta r far worse .

Amazing thailand. 

10 hours ago, free123 said:

russia is different to western nanny states there the embassy dont give a damn about u.... or ask nigerian embassy for funds home...

Even "nanny" western country embassies will not financially aid their national to return home. I checked with the US consulate, all they will do is help a US citizen arrange to get assistance from family or friends in the US. 

i have seen Thai woman with baby begging for money and think there are still many of them there. No Thai made any comments 

So what is the fuzz about a Russian woman with baby?

Go to Pattaya or any tourist place and there are more women begging to please you for money, so their baby or family can eat and live. 

Weird a russian woman can make a difference 

9 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

How does a stupid, completely unsubstantiated generalization like that help anyone? You'll not believe a person in apparent distress simply on the basis that she's Russian? Isn't our first social responsibility to help first?

Shame on you and all those whose first reaction is to scorn or ridicule!

You obviously have a very gullible, sorry I mean generous nature.