Overturned lorry leaves one dead in Pattaya

webfact

Overturned lorry leaves one dead in Pattaya

By Online Admin -

lorry-2.jpg?fit=1034,776

PATTAYA: -- At around 1:00pm on July 17th, Pattaya police and emergency services were called to the scene of an overturned lorry which resulted in 1 fatality.

The incident took place of the number 36 motorway just on the the outskirts of Pattaya City.

Arriving at the scene, police found the victim, a 38 year old Thai male, still trapped under the vehicle, which was on it’s side.

Tools were brought out to lift the lorry so that it was possible to drag the body out. Due to the extent of the injuries suffered in the accident, the victim had sadly already passed away and was pronounced at the scene.

His body was wrapped up by emergency services and taken to a local hospital for a full postmortem.

Fortunately, there were no other vehicles or people involved or injured in the accident.

Unfortunately for police, there was no eye witnesses to the incident, but after gathering several bits of evidence and photos, they believe that the lorry was travelling at speed. A greasy road surface after heavy rain earlier in the is thought to be the reason the driver may have lost control of his vehicle causing it to overturn and crush the victim.

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-07-19

That guy is flat as a pancake!

Lack of maintenance/mai pen rai.

Overloaded truck where the wheel bearings fail & the tire falls off....Or maybe the brakes failed?

Lack of training. No seat belt.

Edited by jaywalker

2 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

How can there be no eyewitnesses and then they claim the truck was travelling at speed and overturned? Did this truck not have a driver? Would not this driver be an eyewitness?

Looks to me like the driver is squished under the truck in that (not too high quality) picture?

11 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Looks to me like the driver is squished under the truck in that (not too high quality) picture?

I think so too.  Truck rolled to the right and he slid off the seat to that side and he got caught partially outside as it tipped over.

These cement trucks do hurtle around presumably delivering in a hurry. And Hwy 36 is not notorious without reason.

Although not clear from the above article I guess the victim was the driver.... surely had he remained in his cab, with a seatbelt on he would have been fine.