Attitude of Shop Owners in Pattaya

Daveyh

Is there no end to what people will complain about here. 
I need something from the shop- i walk to the appropriate shop, walk inside, greet people inside if opportunity is there, approach goods, seek what i require, find what i require, take to till, place on till, take money from pocket, pay for good, say thank you and walk out. Its really not difficult- i have no idea how people can have a problem with going into a shop.

If the person in the shop is in a bad mood or doesn't say hello, i quite frankly could not give two hoots. 

I dread to think of the type of life people have that this is becoming a big issue for them. 

Don't live in Pattaya innit?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I worked and lived there 2-3 days a week for 4 years. 

Just kidding. Doesn't matter. Personally I'm not really complaining but there is a lot of unpleasantness about so it makes sense to me to avoid unpleasantness when you can within reason.

Went to a hardware shop today located very near Foodland on Klang.

purchased  10 little overpriced bags of screws at 20b per bag (price on bag) and 3 tubes of liquid nails at 155b per tube (price listed on shelf)

Total = 665b which I already knew.

Lady at cash register punches the calculator and shows it to me with a number of 780b.

I say what that... she repeats the number punching and come to the same number.

I grab the calculator and show her 20b x 10 = 200 and 155 x 3 = 465......... she grunts in approval, I then add 465 and 200 on her calculator showing her the total of 665b.

Well that set her off and a loud tirade of Thai language I do not understand followed (I know the basics but this was next level) but anyways handed her a 1000b note and she gave me the correct change whilst keeping up the Thai language tirade, I smiled and left but I really did want to smack that pathetic little white dog off the counter with a closed fist.

9 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

purchased  10 little overpriced bags of screws at 20b per bag (price on bag) and 3 tubes of liquid nails at 155b per tube (price listed on shelf)

Total = 665b which I already knew.

Lady at cash register punches the calculator and shows it to me with a number of 780b.

I say what that... she repeats the number punching and come to the same number.

I grab the calculator and show her 20b x 10 = 200 and 155 x 3 = 465......... she grunts in approval, I then add 465 and 200 on her calculator showing her the total of 665b.

Well that set her off and a loud tirade of Thai language I do not understand followed (I know the basics but this was next level) but anyways handed her a 1000b note and she gave me the correct change whilst keeping up the Thai language tirade, I smiled and left but I really did want to smack that pathetic little white dog off the counter with a closed fist.

Your a bad boy....catching her trying to scam you. Bad farang!

Why don't you name that shop, I am not aware of any hardware store close to Foodland.

Archived