Video: Death Wish 2017 - zig-zagging nutters using Bangkok expressway as a racetrack come unstuck

webfact

Video: Death Wish 2017 - zig-zagging nutters using Bangkok expressway as a racetrack come unstuck

5pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

BANGKOK: -- Tnews posted a crash video that was shared from Facebook that showed two crazy drivers in black cars using an outbound Bangkok expressway as a racetrack.

But the driving skills were hardly Lewis Hamilton. One of the cars got two close and clipped the back of the other before overturning.

An innocent driver was also caught up in the madness causing them to be propelled into the side of the road.

The incident was caught on the dash cam of a following vehicle and posted by "zeecanza" on Facebook.

Tnews said it occurred on the Udornrat Expressway in the section between Sri Saman and Bang Phoon heading out of the city.

The Tnews report contained no information about how the matter was resolved or whether ay injuries were sustained.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-20

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The driver filming the video was very calm and unfazed of what he just witnessed. He didn't make a sound or take evasive action. Probably seen this too often on the road. 

I do however wonder why it is that people that witnessed an accident like this, do not stop and render assistance in the case of injured drivers or passengers.

54 minutes ago, gedster said:

The driver filming the video was very calm and unfazed of what he just witnessed. He didn't make a sound or take evasive action. Probably seen this too often on the road. 

I do however wonder why it is that people that witnessed an accident like this, do not stop and render assistance in the case of injured drivers or passengers.

I'm not trained at that level of first aid or vehicle extraction and I have heard too many horror stories around the world of innocent people getting blamed just for being there.  Mostly before dash cams, but why risk having one of the idiots pointing at me and claiming the rich foreigner cut him off and caused the whole accident?  Then it's all down to who has better connections. 

When I first started working in BKK, the long stay guys I worked with (and company HR, who were locals) all warned against stopping at crashes to render aid.  I can't say that I would be able to just drive on by- I haven't found myself in that situation here.  But I would if I was smart.

Edit:  That doesn't even address the risk of getting killed myself, sitting stationary on a 120 Km/Hr expressway with most drivers still trying to get past at speed.

Edited by impulse

9 minutes ago, aussie11950 said:

And the driver with the cam never moved to the left lane.  This is also a cause of many accidents causing other drivers to overtake on the left.

He was passing people in the left lane.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

Oh well, but why was there another 2 minutes of this guy driving along? I thought the racers were going to come back, or perhaps Godzilla walk into frame. 

Lolz - typical cheap Thai webcam, date resets to 1st January 2000 every time he turns the car off and no GPS speed reading...

You're lucky he wasn't recording a 1 hour loop.

Title "Life in the Fast Lane".

Edited by ben2talk

18 hours ago, gedster said:

Iono, I'm split on that.

For the white car that  ended up swerving into the wall, yes...for the other one...not so much.

Well deserved, no sympathy, don't got time to waste of these kind of idiots. If they die, tough luck I guess. If they survived in whatever condition, don't care either aside hoping medical costs aren't on the taxpayer.

The longer I live, the stronger my feeling for natural selection becomes, especially in cases like these. I'd even say calling an ambulance is helping out too much. But again, the white car in this case or rather any innocent involved for that matter is still fair game to help out.

8 hours ago, gedster said:

silver car  looked ok and as for the guy who caused it  all I couldnt give a flying <dddeeellleeettteeeddd> if  he was  hanging onto life by a thread....................but thats  just me and why i wouldnt stop, unless it was to control my laughter

5 hours ago, gedster said:

He also didn't stop to render medical aid and in many countries that can get you a traffic violation.  On the other hand, many  good Samaritans get killed on freeways from insane drivers rendering aid. 

6 hours ago, gedster said:

I cant believe how unfazed the driver was who filmed this "inevitable " either . Had it been me l would have stopped and checked to see if either of the drivers of the black cars where still alive . If they were id have beaten the last breath out off them . 

I don't understand how anyone can be so relaxed, when some half wit has put your life , and possibly your familys on the line . Its no different from walking up to a stranger with a revolver , with three bullets in it , pointing it to his head , spinning the chamber and  pulling the trigger . 

When will  these people realize , its not PS4 their playing ! 

Edited by Mr Freeze
Misspelled

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

So boring , isn't it?  No exchange of gunfire, no decapitated corpse flung from the car onto the freeway, no massive gas tank explosion...just 1/1000 daily 'accidents'

Lol.... but it was accompanied with elevator music to liven it up a wee bit

54 minutes ago, Kabula said:

He also didn't stop to render medical aid and in many countries that can get you a traffic violation.  On the other hand, many  good Samaritans get killed on freeways from insane drivers rendering aid. 

likewise when someone is drowning......the rescuer usually dies.

if you see someone going under and people crying for help it's best to say u can't swim.