Foreign payment using Thai Credit /Debit card

I'm thinking of getting a Thai debit or credit card for making small payments to the UK 

If I pay say about 5 pounds using the Thai card will I just be charged an exchange rate or is there a transaction charge as well

There is no transaction charge, but there is a 2% or 3% added in the exchange rate. If you do the math (divide the THB that you have been charged into the respective foreign currency), you will get a rate that is quite a bit above the Banknote Sell Rate (I think 40-50 satang more).

This is for Kasikorn.

Edited by lkv

I'm thinking of getting a Thai debit or credit card for making small payments to the UK 

If I pay say about 5 pounds using the Thai card will I just be charged an exchange rate or is there a transaction charge as well

I use my Thai debit card in Thailand and when I go to the UK I use the same card but don't get any charge but my son in Thailand has a mastercard from a UK based bank and he gets charged £4-£5 per transaction out of his pocket money. I did use a UK debit card at an ATM when we visited BKK and I got charged 400 B by the Thai ATM provider, a bad exchange rate from my own bank and an overseas charge of £1 [emoji15] but I installed the Apps and made payments and never got any charges at all, it's a mine field !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app