Are flights needed when applying for a 2 year U.K visitor visa?

Myself (U.K citizen) and my wife (Thai) are married and we have successfully applied for 5 U.K visitor visas in the past.

This time around we want to apply for a 2-year U.K visit visa.

Just wondering - do we need to provide details of an upcoming trip (flights, accommodation etc.) as we have done in the past?

We actually don't have an upcoming trip confirmed (will be in the next few months), and are hoping to apply now while we have some downtime in Bangkok.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

As the previous poster has advised, your wife cannot apply for a visa until 90 days before her intended date of travel, the visa is normally valid from the date indicated.

She does have to provide details of your first planned trip, and as before she needs to satisfy the ECO that there's a regular need to travel.

She doesn't need to provide details of any subsequent trips, just that further trips are planned.

She could apply early by bringing forward her indicitive travel plans, but that isn't without risks, though I know people who've done it without any problem.

• Like 1

Thanks, all :)

Follow-up question: What's the best way to book flights without paying for them outright or are there any airlines that provide 100% refunds pretty quickly?

Edited by Sidsid

Not sure why you would want to do that, you're probably aware that the UKVI specifically advise against the purchase of a non refundable ticket prior to a visa being issued and indeed don't require a ticket to be submitted as part of the application process.

I think most airlines will sell you a fully refundable ticket, at a price, but I'm not sure how long the refund process is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidsid said:

Thanks, all :)

Follow-up question: What's the best way to book flights without paying for them outright or are there any airlines that provide 100% refunds pretty quickly?

If you buy full fare tickets then the refund will be 100% and wont take long.  But there is no need whatsoever to buy a ticket in advance of getting the visa, in fact I thought that it was specifically advised against.