Whats your favorite spot?

Hutch68

Whats your favorite spot? the place where you would most like to be? Mines sat on my veranda at 5 pm drinking my first beer of the evening up in the sticks while playing minecraft with the lad, walking to the bottom of my garden to smoke a fag with my new trees while listening to the Arctic Monkey's full blast and getting sand in my flip flops..... I LOVE THAILAND.

Not a favorite spot, per se, but a kind of moment: sitting outdoors on a busy street in Bangkok either drinking a beer or a coffee, watching the world go by (I'm too much of a city rat--gotta be Bangkok! though I don't mind getting out to the provinces now and then).  It could be in a well-situated outdoor cafe, or in a bar beer on soi 4 or Cowboy with a good view of the foot traffic.  Actually, a favorite, though it's gone now, was the "Soi 5 Food Center" with half the bar outdoors, on the corner of Sukhumvit.

I first traveled to Thailand every year from 1999-2001, and then in 2002, I took an extended (was going to be three months or so) trip there, between jobs and relationships.  In about the middle of that three months, on a nice, cool December day (when Thailand used to actually have those!), I was sitting outside having a coffee in the late morning at an Au Bon Pain at Siam Center (not sure it's still there), just watching Bangkok go by.  And I remember thinking, "now, why exactly am I planning to go back to the US?"  In response that question, I ended up staying almost six years. :laugh:

Yep, as said already...Living peacefully on the land with no noise and no neighbours, enjoying our first beer and music daily on the verandah at 5pm and ... definitely NOT missing the hustle & bustle of farang land large capital cities!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Yep, as said already...Living peacefully on the land with no noise and no neighbours, enjoying our first beer and music daily on the verandah at 5pm and ... definitely NOT missing the hustle & bustle of farang land large capital cities!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Spot on.

My favourite spot in Thailand is Nai Harn just outside of Phuket, but then again if you head further south on the way to Songkla there are other beautiful places like Ao Nang just outside of Krabi, or further down at Ko Lanta, although you have to get two barges to get across to it, the roads are great to drive on, however I don't get down that way that often as I enjoy the peace and quite of the village life in our large modern home with all the mod cons, and especially when the kids are at school or asleep, then I go searching for that G spot 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My favourite spot in Thailand is Nai Harn just outside of Phuket, but then again if you head further south on the way to Songkla there are other beautiful places like Ao Nang just outside of Krabi, or further down at Ko Lanta, although you have to get two barges to get across to it, the roads are great to drive on, however I don't get down that way that often as I enjoy the peace and quite of the village life in our large modern home with all the mod cons, and especially when the kids are at school or asleep, then I go searching for that G spot 555

Only one ferry to Koh Lanta Noi required now as a bridge links Noi to Yai. Sadly there will be no ferry at all in future as the second bridge has been approved, spoils the fun and experience IMO.

My favourite spot, in my imagination (still under construction) will be lounging on the edge of our deck overhanging the natural swimming lake as the sun starts to drop over the mountain backdrop, enjoying the magnificent East coast private sea front views and cooling sea breezes, with the smell of a freshly cooked meal drifting out of the kitchen as my gourmet chef wife prepares dinner, all the while keeping my cold beer topped up. Yeah - spoilt rotten.... I love LOS for fulfilling my retirement dream in more ways than I could have hoped for alongside a gem of a Thai wife.

19 hours ago, kannot said:

anywhere outside on the land  with NO neighbours and NO  noise at all except the frogs  crickets insects, early  morning 6 am best.

Similar to me except the frogs and crickets and assorted insects  are  usually being deep fried for breakfast.

6 hours ago, wanderluster said:

you are obviously from england. smoking a fag.  but do you realize that in most other parts of the world this means giving a blowjob to your boyfriend?

No....only in the USA

FOX ALERT...the USA is not most of the other parts of the world. And most of your imports do come from overseas.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Outside of Phuket..Nai Harn??? have they dug a bigger canal? Finally chopped it off.?

Well I live and learn.

53 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

No....only in the USA

FOX ALERT...the USA is not most of the other parts of the world. And most of your imports do come from overseas.

And most of your imports do come from overseas.

Really, how profound.