Phuket Police silent on corruption probes

rooster59

Phuket Police silent on corruption probes

The Phuket News

1500629493_1-org.jpg

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: Months after investigations have been launched into alleged corrupt practices by police on the island, Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen has yet to publicly reveal the results of any of the investigations.

The silence follows Gen Teeraphol on May 29 this year ordering the transfer of three high-ranking Phuket City Police officers pending an investigation into allegations against the three officers’ for corruption and malfeasance.

The officers – Phuket City Police Chief Col Kamol Osiri and Phuket City Police Deputy Commanders Lt Col Chao Phomna and Lt Col Nat Phromthep – were transferred to Phuket Provincial Police Station while the investigation continued. (See story here.)

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-silent-on-corruption-probes-63142.php#hlFTPYYi8B87el3x.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-23

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

be fun to snap a quick photo handing over the 500thb. probably a bit dangerous as well.

Photo snapping with smart phone very strictly not allowed. Goodness knows how they would react ... visa or extension cancelled I think.

21 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Photo snapping with smart phone very strictly not allowed. Goodness knows how they would react ... visa or extension cancelled I think.

So whay they have free internett  in Immigration in Phuket Town ? And then they building a big Berlin wall between us who are in line, and those who pay underneath,(Corruption money) so we can not see it ? Take a camera in the short butten,glasses ,penn, mobil in the In the shirt pocket there are many possibilities do it people..Be a 007 fore 1 day to save Phuket from this bad people.

Edited by nasa123

25 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

So whay they have free internett  in Immigration in Phuket Town ? And then they building a big Berlin wall between us who are in line, and those who pay underneath,(Corruption money) so we can not see it ? Take a camera in the short butten,glasses ,penn, mobil in the In the shirt pocket there are many possibilities do it people..Be a 007 fore 1 day to save Phuket from this bad people.

Free internet has nothing to do with [photo snapping.

I have no doubt video could be taken covertly but I would not like to be the one to be 'uncovered'.

You be the 007 for the day and save Phuket ... best of luck.

28 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Free internet has nothing to do with [photo snapping.

I have no doubt video could be taken covertly but I would not like to be the one to be 'uncovered'.

You be the 007 for the day and save Phuket ... best of luck.

You're a real good friend of Immigration when you've lived here in Kata for so many years, so we know almost everyone who you are. But it's not int  it's your attitude to Corruption. I think you work inside the Immigration or have worked and have many friends there. So what can they do whit me if i have movies show you become 'uncovered'. And they are dealing with Corruption, which is documented in movie ?.

Edited by nasa123

Bought a Motorbike, needed a Residency Cert last Dec in Patong Immigration office, when I asked what the 500B fee was for the lady said processing lol... When I went back January, needed another RC for Drivers Licences, I did argue the toss on another 500B fee, after two IO's getting involved in front of everybody, they said Mr if you want is 500B if no happy go Phuket town, same there... 

There you go, call it what you want but you are paying 500B in Patong (I'm no wilting violet but at end of day they have you by the short & hairy's, you either pay or could have trouble with Immigration)

50 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

You're a real good friend of Immigration when you've lived here in Kata for so many years, so we know almost everyone who you are. But it's not int  it's your attitude to Corruption. I think you work inside the Immigration or have worked and have many friends there. So what can they do whit me if i have movies show you become 'uncovered'. And they are dealing with Corruption, which is documented in movie ?.

Really Really .... I have never been extorted for money by Immigration. They have asked, and I politely decline. This has been my message to all  members on Thaivisa for years ... don't pay other than the official fee.

Same with every other aspect of our company business, plenty ask, my Thai wife deals with all the Thai stuff and says no. One time the corrupt building inspector wanted money for a building permit irregularity, wife chased him off our property with choice Thai words. Inspector reported us to police, we are arrested, tried to shake us down for money at the police station, we would not pay, just bank guarantee each our 60,000 baht bail money. Once free we sorted out our building permit, court still chased us, had to report to the court every 6 weeks for many months, one gov legal guy asked to  my wife right in front on me for money to make the case go away. Wife had studied the possible fine, just 3,500 baht, told him that, next week case dropped, asked to collect our bank guarantee papers.

So do not say I accept corruption ... I do not. But I have always tried to keep a low profile here in Phuket as I do not want to get the attention or be 'friends' with BiB, Immigration, or town hall officials. God knows they have tried many times.  So as you say  'so we know almost everyone who you are.' Sure given I have been high profile on TV for 10 years and on an early Phuket forum  for the 10 previous years  

Edited by LivinginKata

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Really Really .... I have never been extorted for money by Immigration. They have asked, and I politely decline. This has been my message to all  members on Thaivisa for years ... don't pay other than the official fee.

Same with every other aspect of our company business, plenty ask, my Thai wife deals with all the Thai stuff and says no. One time the corrupt building inspector wanted money for a building permit irregularity, wife chased him off our property with choice Thai words. Inspector reported us to police, we are arrested, tried to shake us down for money at the police station, we would not pay, just bank guarantee each our 60,000 baht bail money. Once free we sorted out our building permit, court still chased us, had to report to the court every 6 weeks for many months, one gov legal guy asked to  my wife right in front on me for money to make the case go away. Wife had studied the possible fine, just 3,500 baht, told him that, next week case dropped, asked to collect our bank guarantee papers.

So do not say I accept corruption ... I do not. But I have always tried to keep a low profile here in Phuket as I do not want to get the attention or be 'friends' with BiB, Immigration, or town hall officials. God knows they have tried many times.  So as you say  'so we know almost everyone who you are.' Sure given I have been high profile on TV for 10 years and on an early Phuket forum  for the 10 previous years  

After 60.000 Bath you can building was you want, So you are one of this corrupt <deleted>, So don`t tell anything about you are Corrupt LivinginKata come on man don`t lie.

Edited by nasa123

13 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

After 60.000 Bath you can building was you want, So you are one of this corrupt <deleted>, So don`t tell anything about you are Corrupt LivinginKata come on man don`t lie.

?????

38 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

Wow ... I guess you just want to troll. The 60,000 was the bail money. We got it back. We legally corrected our building plan and permit to cover some extra rooms. We were wrong. Corrected it legally. Not one iota of corruption or bribery. Much asked. Nothing given.

3 hours ago, nasa123 said:

You really are becoming quite annoying aren't you?