do you treat your g/f wife with respect

opalred

On 7/24/2017 at 3:01 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

l built a nice big kitchen for her does that count.  :biggrin:

Yeah, me too, when I became semi-retired, she hired a cook...............:post-4641-1156694083:   

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how you define "respect" - a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Why on earth guys want to open a car door for a female is beyond my comprehension, would they do that for their drinking mates ?

Woman want to be treated equal, so treat them like you would treat your mates, none of this pretentious crap, cheers.

Again, why on earth buy them flowers, its as if your going to their funeral, wouldn't buy my mates flowers, so would expect them to buy me some either, otherwise I would think they were poofters.

When I proposed to my Mrs, I didn't get down on one knee, (only do that when I'm going down for some black beansprouts). I was on the telephone line to Immigration back in AUS as she was on a 3 month tourist visa and I wanted to get her an extension for 3 more months as we got on like a house on fire, they said no you cannot, I said you have to be kidding me mate, and the bloke said, look do you like the girl, I said yeh I dig her, that's why I want her to stay longer, he said would you marry her, I said I haven't thought about it, but I suppose I would, well if you marry her he said, that was in (2007), you can apply for a spouse visa and we will give her a bridging visa until she is approved, meaning she can stay, next thing you know I was on the phone to the registry office, ah, when is your next available date for a wedding, 1 week was the reply, so I said to the Mrs who was in the same room as me, ironing, Bella, this is the score, so what are you doing on the 20th, wanna get married, with her reply being, "up to you", now that's as romantic as it needs to be IMO, we laugh every time we see someone go down on one knee, its either her or me yelling out, he's going for the sprouts 555

Respect, hmmm, I respect her as she respects me, as you would your mates, there is no superiority, we are equal, but when she has to be put in place, I do what I have to do, doesn't take long before she comes to her senses, because she knows my Ego is bigger than hers....lol

Edited by 4MyEgo

Yes, I treat my wife with respect & kindness. I always try to let a lady pass if I'm on a narrow pavement. I notice that thai men do not.

Jeab posts about 'equality'. Having respect for women is not about 'men & women being the same' because emotionally & in many other ways they are not.

Now, before some post- metrosexual 'trying to be adult' gets upset about my saying men & women not being equal: think again about what I've written.

16 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

I have always opened door for my wife If she asks me to get her something always do. Always ask

if she wants something if I  go out 

Always ask if she would like tea or something

I always put her first My nature 

You don't have to ask if she wants something you know the answer she would allways say YES never you hear NO.

Rather a lot of buggers who do not know that manners are part and parcel of respect.

"Courtesy Manners – demonstrate one’s ability to put the interests of others before oneself; to display self-control and good intent for the purposes of being trusted in social interactions."

I have often had Thai people open or hold doors for me, offer me a seat on the BTS, etc., as I am an elder. I have also seen many completely ignore such niceties. Rudeness is not a farang only characteristic, sad to say.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, 4MyEgo said:

It depends on how you define "respect" - a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Why on earth guys want to open a car door for a female is beyond my comprehension, would they do that for their drinking mates ?

Woman want to be treated equal, so treat them like you would treat your mates, none of this pretentious crap, cheers.

Again, why on earth buy them flowers, its as if your going to their funeral, wouldn't buy my mates flowers, so would expect them to buy me some either, otherwise I would think they were poofters.

When I proposed to my Mrs, I didn't get down on one knee, (only do that when I'm going down for some black beansprouts). I was on the telephone line to Immigration back in AUS as she was on a 3 month tourist visa and I wanted to get her an extension for 3 more months as we got on like a house on fire, they said no you cannot, I said you have to be kidding me mate, and the bloke said, look do you like the girl, I said yeh I dig her, that's why I want her to stay longer, he said would you marry her, I said I haven't thought about it, but I suppose I would, well if you marry her he said, that was in (2007), you can apply for a spouse visa and we will give her a bridging visa until she is approved, meaning she can stay, next thing you know I was on the phone to the registry office, ah, when is your next available date for a wedding, 1 week was the reply, so I said to the Mrs who was in the same room as me, ironing, Bella, this is the score, so what are you doing on the 20th, wanna get married, with her reply being, "up to you", now that's as romantic as it needs to be IMO, we laugh every time we see someone go down on one knee, its either her or me yelling out, he's going for the sprouts 555

Respect, hmmm, I respect her as she respects me, as you would your mates, there is no superiority, we are equal, but when she has to be put in place, I do what I have to do, doesn't take long before she comes to her senses, because she knows my Ego is bigger than hers....lol

I sincerely hope you are in Thailand or you are going to get taken to the cleaners,

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

I sincerely hope you are in Thailand or you are going to get taken to the cleaners,

Yes living the dream in Thailand and had a prenuptial agreement signed by her in front of an independent lawyer back in Aus prior to getting married, prenuptial's in Australia form part of the Family Law Act, so they are good as the piece of paper they are signed on, not like in the UK where they are not worth sh-t, as they never were part of the Family Law Act there.

This chick won't be taking me to the cleaners, as I have only invested 10% of my worth in 10 years with her, she will be cashing in her lottery ticket with our two young daughters when I am done and dusted, rightfully so, I will add, on the other hand, if she ever raised her head to take a bite, I would cut it off so quick she wouldn't see it coming, she is a rare breed, and is smarter than most Thai females, milking the cow very slowly.....lol 

45 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes living the dream in Thailand and had a prenuptial agreement signed by her in front of an independent lawyer back in Aus prior to getting married, prenuptial's in Australia form part of the Family Law Act, so they are good as the piece of paper they are signed on, not like in the UK where they are not worth sh-t, as they never were part of the Family Law Act there.

This chick won't be taking me to the cleaners, as I have only invested 10% of my worth in 10 years with her, she will be cashing in her lottery ticket with our two young daughters when I am done and dusted, rightfully so, I will add, on the other hand, if she ever raised her head to take a bite, I would cut it off so quick she wouldn't see it coming, she is a rare breed, and is smarter than most Thai females, milking the cow very slowly.....lol 

Poor girl,  Needs must, when the devil drives, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

... Rudeness is not a farang only characteristic, sad to say.

I'm rather relieved that I am not in the only racial group capable of rudeness.

I still do my best to avoid it, though, but I try to ascribe my own failings, and the failings of others, to our own personal shortcomings, whether through selfishness, ignorance, lack of education or even my own misunderstanding of what passes for polite behaviour in their society.

SC

8 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

For me it's the same lady.

And rightly so.   I've always been of the opinion that if you are in a relationship, even only for a few weeks, then you should be totally faithful.  

If you want to play the field then fine, I've done plenty of that, but never make any relationship official (as in saying to the girl she is now your girlfriend) unless you mean to be faithful to that girl.

As for treating them nicely, of course.   I treated every girl I've ever been with as if they are the most beautiful, special girl in the world.  

If one is brought up being taught manners by mum and dad it will stay with you for life, in fact it is a great asset for anyone that folk who are slobs don't understand...Though my well known angels singing voice was self taught.....:giggle:

love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.4067c9b115a4540cdf5d6222d4d4356b.gif

1 hour ago, transam said:

If one is brought up being taught manners by mum and dad it will stay with you for life, in fact it is a great asset for anyone that folk who are slobs don't understand...Though my well known angels singing voice was self taught.....:giggle:

Yup, had drummed into me to always say 'please' & 'thank you', aided by a thick ear at times.:smile:

Are you songs available for download Mr T? :clap2:

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yup, had drummed into me to always say 'please' & 'thank you', aided by a thick ear at times.:smile:

Are you songs available for download Mr T? :clap2:

Sadly no, live performances only, dates can be arranged for the times l am sober...2018 could be possible......ashamed-smiley-emoticon.png.add37b7d9bce767704f97e2ae81d4199.png......classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.c6f837aa0f57c996c120203b7549766b.gif

2 hours ago, transam said:

IMG_20170719_194909.jpg

On 7/27/2017 at 2:26 PM, transam said:

Sadly no, live performances only, dates can be arranged for the times l am sober...2018 could be possible......ashamed-smiley-emoticon.png.add37b7d9bce767704f97e2ae81d4199.png......classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.c6f837aa0f57c996c120203b7549766b.gif

I'm sceptical about you sobering up by 2018