he got out of the car to grab hold of France ministers hand

then go to his wife and grab her hand and kiss her

left his wife standing behind like a leper 

till macron went to here and welcomed her 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respected & treated respectfully every hour of every day....I receive the same....

The same with our 2 daughters - I can't remember the last time of an outburst....Although they can disagree between themselves, but that is rare and always brief...

Unless going to different places to eat, or perhaps different movies, we always sit together....

Introductions are always made but I'll use her given name over the nickname leaving it to her whether or not to be more cordial....

She does, however, prefer to open a car's door herself...

When it comes to a building entrance door I'll open it for her & the girls and anyone else that happens to be there at the same instant....Many times one of the girls will scoot ahead to hold a door open for us....

Common sense & manners...

Yes I let my wife open all the doors for me. She always introduces herself whilst in company.

Its called equality. Something women i have met prefer rather than being the little wife and having everything done for them.

Say hello to the 21st century all are equal in my world

Modern girls and ladies want a man...not a sissy!!

Not that I am saying to lack respect, be rude, unfriendly, rant at others in public, fight etc.. or any such of the sort, not at all .......

The point is just don't become the pet puppy of your girlie, as that would mean the end....The end of her having any respect for you, even if you provide adequate funding for the roof and the water buffalo!...

Believe it or not....I've always made better hits with girls in being a big cheeky and putting them back in place if necessary.....and always lost the game, when younger, I used to be Mr Nice Guy!

Freud himself said that after a lifetime devoted to study female psychology he just did not understanding one thing: ..."what the hell do they ultimately want exactly?"..

Don't understand the pampering some people go to regarding the other half.

I do what I want when she wants. Has worked for the last 18 years so that ticks the boxes for us..................:tongue:

Yes i treat my wife with the greatest respect, always say please/ thank you.

I never go to sleep at night without telling her i love you.

Treat your partner with respect and you will get respect in return.

One thing though, i always allow her to open doors for me.

19 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Yes I let my wife open all the doors for me. She always introduces herself whilst in company.

Its called equality. Something women i have met prefer rather than being the little wife and having everything done for them.

Say hello to the 21st century all are equal in my world

Well said. Holding doors open is nothing to do with respect, but is good manners. Sadly most people these days don't know what manners are, and don't respect anyone else either. That comes from parents not training children properly.

Back home. I don't do the door holding thing to young women that I don't know, as they are modern and want to be equal to men. Fair enough, but don't expect me to treat them like they are helpless little flowers and need protecting like in the olden days.

However, I must be looking really old, as a young woman on the train offered her seat to me :smile:.

I think too many guys end up with girls that don't want to or don't know how to mix with westerners, despite the guys best intentions. Not blaming the girl, it's just that you've got different backgrounds, different culture, and of course the language.

So yes, while being a "gentleman" is important, for me me it's even more important to have an able, confident, and intelligent partner who is able to actively engage in a wide variety of situations and people. 

On 24/7/2560 at 0:08 AM, observer90210 said:

Well she is smart enough to know who she married (Mrs Trump that is)...and she is smart enough also to know why she is still staying with the Donald...so personnally I do not have any pity for the hottie Mrs Trumpy!!

trumps girl is a gold digging w#@%# who puts most pattaya girls to shame. her divorce payment will more than make up for a little social discomfort.

'i dont care for good looks i care for good heart'. being a gentleman/chump to a thai girl is opening the wallet on demand. opening a car door for her is less important.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

I think Thai women are astonished when falang show them good manners, cos the average Thai male treats women abominably.

Quite apart from our being walking ATMs, it is our good manners that tie Thai women to us lot.  Manners cost nothing, absolutely zero.

1 hour ago, blazes said:

I think Thai women are astonished when falang show them good manners, cos the average Thai male treats women abominably.

Quite apart from our being walking ATMs, it is our good manners that tie Thai women to us lot.  Manners cost nothing, absolutely zero.

Well according to this post by YOU manners obviously do cost you something.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

trumps girl is a gold digging w#@%# who puts most pattaya girls to shame. her divorce payment will more than make up for a little social discomfort.

'i dont care for good looks i care for good heart'. being a gentleman/chump to a thai girl is opening the wallet on demand. opening a car door for her is less important.

You are so right from A to Z...I just never will understand what people are prepared to accept and do just for Money, money money....

I d

13 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I treat everyone with respect....especially if they don't deserve it, just to see the look on their face.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Be aware that this can, and did for me, end up with completely unintended consequences. 

Spoke to an elephantine horror of a woman knowing full well that she did not understand English and that she openly, as is the thai way when they think you don't know the language, insults me only to get my soon to be ex wife climbing the walls with me for disrespecting her. 

Fuckit i have run out of patience with some of these uneducated clowns 

I never ignore her and always respectfully approach her, privately and publicly.  My 'yes' is always 'yes' and 'no' is 'no'. That said, however, women do not respect the man who fawns over them, especially here in Thailand.

I treat them with respect as long as they obey me and do exactly what I want that they do when I want, and how I want.

I am not a queer as some of the "guys" that I see treating their farm girl (or even worst, bar girl for most) as if she was a princess.