Poet PM urges farmers to embrace the ‘right life’

webfact

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Prayuth has totally lost the plot and his mind.  How is writing another bloody poem going to fix farmers problems?  Mr Prayuth the economy has collapsed and the country is broke.  No problems, I'II write a poem.

He had the plot

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The story didn't end there.

The Khmer Rouge were ousted by the Vietnamese (also Communists) while the US and Australia stuck up for Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in the UN, declaring them the rightful government of Cambodia. Pol Pot lived in Trat province under special protection from Thai special forces. The Thai army then assisted the Khmer Rouge cadres in mounting offensives from Thai soil against the Vietnamese. Thai Army officers got rich from extra-curricular activities such as teak logging, human trafficking and gem smuggling. 

yes, I rather understand some significant fortunes were made...

6 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Poet PM urges farmers to embrace the ‘right lift'........

BULL.......... Not so different from when the 'communists' (Pol Pot) entered Cambodia and killed all the people with 'brains' and made all the farmers 'subjects' of the government who had to grow food for the 'Army troops' but couldn't keep a 'grain of rice' for their own family.........    Not so different, only a different technique being used.............
I read a book called 'First they killed my father' which was a documentary of the 'communist' invasion of Cambodia......... Google it ----- Read it...... you will see the comparison with a different scheme but same goal.........
Seems that everyone wants to take advantage of the 'Poor Farmers' trust in 'powerful' LIARS...............

I read that, and several other accounts. I'm not sure that the Khmer Rouge were invaders - they were indigenous communist rebels.

There are several disturbing accounts of the regime. I read one, called if I recall "The Green Door". In it a western journalist (French I believe, not that it is relevant) was being thrown out by the Khmer Rouge just after they had taken over. He had his Cambodian girlfriend with him, when he got to the border post (the green door) the Thai sentry said, "Just say you are married to her, she can come across, no papers needed." He tells how he thought for a moment, and then said "No". She was led away, to what we can now be sure was a slow death at the hands of the Khmer Rouge. I've often thought about that, and you know, I hope that bastard never had/has an untroubled nights sleep for the rest of his life!

Comparison between the Khmer Rouge and the red shirts crop up from time to time here. Whatever you may think about the red shirts, or for that matter any other faction in Thai politics they are nowhere near the Khmer Rouge, who are unparalleled in modern times for barbaric savagery.

11 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Not so much poet as muppet.  Perhaps the 'Dunciad' by Alexander Pope should be his choice of bed-time reading.

Prayuth is exactly the sort of pompous pretender Pope was ridiculing. A wall of books and not a jot of insight, except Prayuth's wall of books is silk tat and nonsense doggerel.