Case visa for marijuana charge- will idc detain me after case?

I had buddy get picked up in Bangkok with a few grams of marijuana and has finally received his court date.

While waiting for the case he obtained a case visa. He was on a 30 day visa on arrival when arrested.

Just curious if he should expect to be detained by immigration after his case on Thursday?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thainewbee said:

Will the court stamp his passport to say his case has been settled?

No

But he will get a receipt for the fine and other documents to prove the case is settled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thainewbee said:

Thanks a lot Ubonjoe

Will the court stamp his passport to say his case has been settled?

Is his passport with police or the court? If with court he's ok, if with police he is in a potentially world of trouble.

2 hours ago, Thainewbee said:

I'm confident he will be slapped with a fine, we are only talking about a couple of joints worth of marijuana.

More worried about immigration then anything else.

He plans on going home the following day.

Make sure that he has the fine money to pay the Court

They may detain him until the fine is paid

i was in this situation a long time ago. one extasy tablet. spent a few days in tonglor police station then off to court. if I knew what a dump the cells were at the police station I would've paid the bail money but I thought they were going to keep it so roughed the cells. also the police who caught me at the nightclub weren't taking a bribe. needless to say I haven't touched drugs since. (honest) 555 just not worth it over here, or anywhere for that matter, but hey. was young. when I went to court it was a small fine and out. no other issues. however, they did give me a receipt for the fine but also a letter from the court in thai. basically everytime I came into Thailand for the next 3 years the red light was put on and the more senior police would ask me to produce the letter. usually just laugh at me and let me pass. they did take me aside to check my bags once. this was nearly 20 years ago so maybe they won't do that anymore but they did it then. no hassle really. just having some police laugh at you and a load of people in the queue staring at you wondering whats going on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thainewbee said:

Ok that was simple, 2000 baht and sent him on his way. 

Had to head to immigration afterwords to make sure he wasn't blacklisted and could leave the country.

He will be on the first plane leaving in the AM.

I had never posted here before and didn't want the title to be too long so in stead of "my friend" I wrote "me" to shorten it up.

I am happy that you are safe.

2000 thb only is what happens all the time, how much weed you had with you ? And you couldn't or didn't want to settle on the spot ?  

Good that they didn't send you to have a stupid ridiculous therapy offered by people who do not even know what they are talking about !

14 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i was in this situation a long time ago. one extasy tablet. spent a few days in tonglor police station then off to court. if I knew what a dump the cells were at the police station I would've paid the bail money but I thought they were going to keep it so roughed the cells. also the police who caught me at the nightclub weren't taking a bribe. needless to say I haven't touched drugs since. (honest) 555 just not worth it over here, or anywhere for that matter, but hey. was young. when I went to court it was a small fine and out. no other issues. however, they did give me a receipt for the fine but also a letter from the court in thai. basically everytime I came into Thailand for the next 3 years the red light was put on and the more senior police would ask me to produce the letter. usually just laugh at me and let me pass. they did take me aside to check my bags once. this was nearly 20 years ago so maybe they won't do that anymore but they did it then. no hassle really. just having some police laugh at you and a load of people in the queue staring at you wondering whats going on

Thank you for the story, what was written on the letter ? that you took X ?

And how long did you stay in the cell before going to court ? How possible that 20 years ago they didn't accept few thousands on the spot ?

5 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

I am happy that you are safe.

2000 thb only is what happens all the time, how much weed you had with you ? And you couldn't or didn't want to settle on the spot ?  

Good that they didn't send you to have a stupid ridiculous therapy offered by people who do not even know what they are talking about !

Not himself ... he was asking for a friend :smile:

53 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

Thank you for the story, what was written on the letter ? that you took X ?

And how long did you stay in the cell before going to court ? How possible that 20 years ago they didn't accept few thousands on the spot ?

the letter was written in Thai but apparently just explained that I had been charged and settled the fine and was free to re-enter. I think I was in the cells for 3/4 days before going to court. I'm pretty sure i know why they didn't take the bribe but am not saying it on a public forum. (i'm sure they were just good cops 5555). at the time my girlfriend who is now my wife got her father to call the station and offer some cash and whiskey 555. they didn't take it. that was also the 1st time my to be father in law knew about his daughter dating a farang! awkward! anyway, that was a long time ago