Another sickening attack as boy nearly dies in Ayutthaya after fifth attack by same dog

webfact

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Canuck...here is your problem with your decision making and outcomes....

you are correct that dog management regulations are required and enforced....  

Then you state willful negligence jail time and death should be carried out...

when you have no regulations and enforceable arm, one cannot state this and that...based on what? Your western knowledge?

In the absence of a functioning legal system, it falls down to a meeting with parties of interest and the police as the mediator and judge...what they decide will have no bearing in future cases/outcomes because it is all informal with no precedent, recording and legal accountability....

this is how thailand functions....

hey Cap...will you be asking for both civil and criminal damages? Will this lawsuit be out of Toronto or Paris?

Well said. The first voice of reason in this bloodthirsty revenge ridden thread.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Why would anybody want 4 dogs?  for what?  and they turn on each other? sorry I just don't get it

It's called "tam boon" aka accumulated good deeds.  This is the reason why there are so many dogs roaming the streets and villages in Thailand.

It's also cheaper to own a dog than a car.

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Canuck...here is your problem with your decision making and outcomes....

you are correct that dog management regulations are required and enforced....  

Then you state willful negligence jail time and death should be carried out...

when you have no regulations and enforceable arm, one cannot state this and that...based on what? Your western knowledge?

In the absence of a functioning legal system, it falls down to a meeting with parties of interest and the police as the mediator and judge...what they decide will have no bearing in future cases/outcomes because it is all informal with no precedent, recording and legal accountability....

this is how thailand functions....

hey Cap...will you be asking for both civil and criminal damages? Will this lawsuit be out of Toronto or Paris?

this is how thailand functions....????????

Correction:  This is why Thailand does not function.    And is quite frankly socially dysfunctional.

MONEY & STATUS always carry the day.  

I suspect Mr Malayu must have a lot of social status of one type or another or the matter would have been dealt with already by a different kind of Thai Village Justice.  

Police & locals must scared of him personally or who he is status- wise.    

THIS  is how Thailand functions..........   Inequal justice!!!!  And  too much respect for the value of brown envelopes and other peoples' (largely) self appointeted social standing.  It's like 1932 never happened.

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

and the article mentions no remorse by the dog owner; not even a gesture to pay the medical bills !

i would like to know what if any action was taken the previous 4TIMES.

everyone in the pet section knows how much the wife and i love our dog,he is our life,but if he ever showed any aggresion to attack someone i wouldnt hesitate to have him put down.

even though it would kill me aswell.

50 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Putting the dog to sleep is the obvious step to take. However, no good putting this dog to sleep if laws are not introduced to stop the owner from having a new dog. As the new dog will just end up exactly the same. So if no laws to either educate or ban the owner from owning future dogs, then may as well just keep this dog (which is what has been happening as they know there are no laws to prevent future problems). 

Dogs have different personalities like humans .I had 2 Labrador dogs from pups .One turned out to be aggressive in Adulthood ,the other was the opposite . 

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Gee how about this. The dog bites people and is therefore dangerous. Have a law stating dangerous dogs need to be put down. Not rocket science. Actually standard practice in logical societies.

Agree, if a dog attacks in the public domain then it certainly should be put down.

But this action is after the fact, not preventative. It won't give the victim or victim's families any piece of mind, or very little and then just based on revenge.

As said earlier, the onus should be on the owner. If no owner takes responsibility, cull the lot. Sounds cruel, but something needs to be done.

3 minutes ago, anto said:

Dogs have different personalities like humans .I had 2 Labrador dogs from pups .One turned out to be aggressive in Adulthood ,the other was the opposite . 

That is true. But in the context of Thailand, unfortunately dogs personalities don't get as much of a chance to shine. As they are beaten out of them pretty fast. So if the dog is put to sleep, and the man does get another dog, he must be trained to bring it up correctly. If brought up correctly, it will not display the fear tactics this dog obviously shows (attacking from behind/running away when challenged).

19 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Why would anybody want 4 dogs?  for what?  and they turn on each other? sorry I just don't get it

Jesus, we adopted a litter of stray puppies, hope that quells your moral outrage, For a dog to "Turn" twice in its life is pretty good going. 

Oh what a difficult situation we have here! Can't judge animals by human laws (nevermind them not being enforced properly in the first place), common sense has no effect, personal responsibility gets mai pen rai'd and buddist teachings don't allow you to put it down.

Is it savage of me to ask if we can place bets on a 6th attack already?

2 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Jesus, we adopted a litter of stray puppies, hope that quells your moral outrage, For a dog to "Turn" twice in its life is pretty good going. 

That is actually pretty good going. Litter mates are hit and miss...it is why owning them is generally discouraged, 

Well done. 

I love dogs and hate to see dogs get hurt but unfortunately, even I agree this dog needs to be put down.

Screw the owner! I totally blame the owner for everything! with proper training and love, a dog should be a wonderful loving companion... not some psychotic vicious mutt that goes out of its way to attack people!

Even homeless soi dogs don't go out of their way to attack people unless they get provoked!

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I have 4 dogs who fight on occasion seeing them lose it with each other is not a pretty site they go for the kill and are not easy to separate, unimaginable to see that happening to a child of 5

Why the hell do you keep them? I have four dogs but they have been trained properly and never fight each other.

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Dogs are a specially protected species here, even when they maim and kill. No doubt somebody will be blaming the owners as usual, we all know dogs are all innocent :sleepy:

Of course the owner has to be blamed and sued for compensation - five attacks and they did nothing. Unbelievable

4 minutes ago, DavetheGreek said:

Why the hell do you keep them? I have four dogs but they have been trained properly and never fight each other.

He keeps them until 1 or 2 escape and go kill a child.......

the he will plead innocent ...........

and gets away with it ............

Dogs have to be chained all time ......" my dog jumped the fence "  is no excuse !

What a shame.  An innocent kid goes through life disfigured.  I'm not sure I could compose myself, if it was my son that was attacked.  I've given in to Thainess, I do understand.  Chaining a half dozen pissed off, hungry, meat eating four legged killing machines on a long leash, to the front door of the dog owner, would be acceptable and forgiven, no?

7 hours ago, Thaiverymuch said:

OMB I hope they put the dog to sleep, this must never ever happen to anyone again. The poor little boy, I hope he recovers well. Bless his heart ️

And what if this little agent was attacking the dog, throwing rocks and poking him? Do you know otherwise, or will you just accept the report as is? Do you accept other news as reported, knowing that facts are altered and it's never anyone's fault?

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Five attacks by this mongrel dog,  how many more or even deaths before people get the picture that this mutt posses a real danger to everyone and needs to be eradicated.  

Alleged attacks. How do you know it was 5? Why are you so quick to accept the report as truthful?

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

When will someone shoot that dog...  ?

Perhaps after they are done shooting ignorant foreigners who are proponents of violence? You don't know if the story is accurate do you? Ever seen how these angelic Thai kids torture animals?

5 hours ago, z42 said:

Drown that disgraceful mutt in the river (and consider doing the same to his dog).....But god damn why is common sense so thin on the ground here when you work for the authorities? Once is understandable, five times is just rididculous. Hope the poor young kid gets handsomely compensated by the lazy, idiotic dog owner and makes a full recovery

Why? When a foreigner has a car crash with a Thai and the Thai is responsible for the crash but demands compensation, all of the TVF regulars hop on the condemnation train. How do you know this  boy wasn't trying to harm the dog? How do you know  what the other 5 events were? You don't. I have seen enough to know 2 things;

- Thai rural kids can be wickedly cruel and selfish

- Some Thais are prone to lying and  blaming anyone and everyone else other than themselves when something goes wrong.

28 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Good God why doesnt someone just throw poisoned meat over the fence one night ,i know i would .

Probably because one of the impoverished  hand to mouth TVFers might salvage it and eat it? Or more likely, because people are not irresponsible idiots who throw poison about,  not knowing what the impact will be.

This thread is testimony to the ignorance and stupidity of so many foreigners. They will question stories in the media, they will make up obtuse stories to rationalize their dalliances with whores, and they will come up with convoluted claims about conspiracies, and they will eagerly accept a questionable story at face value.   No evidence to substantiate the claim of the magical dog flying over a fence, or to corroborate an alleged 5  prior events.  Dogs will bite when they are threatened. I know that when Thai kids torment the dogs they are often bitten and  many Thais like so many farangs love to kick dogs, especially sick, and injured dogs.

Edited by geriatrickid

1 minute ago, geriatrickid said:

And what if this little agent was attacking the dog, throwing rocks and poking him? Do you know otherwise, or will you just accept the report as is? Do you accept other news as reported, knowing that facts are altered and it's never anyone's fault?

Alleged attacks. How do you know it was 5? Why are you so quick to accept the report as truthful?

Perhaps after they are done shooting ignorant foreigners who are proponents of violence? You don't know if the story is accurate do you? Ever seen how these angelic Thai kids torture animals?

Why? When a foreigner has a car crash with a Thai and the Thai is responsible for the crash but demands compensation, all of the TVF regulars hop on the condemnation train. How do you know this  boy wasn't trying to harm the dog? How do you know  what the other 5 events were? You don't. I have seen enought to know 2 things;

- Thai rural kids can be wickedly cruel and selfish

- Some Thais are prone to lying and  blaming anyone and everyone else other than themselves when something goes wrong.

Probably because one of the impoverished  hand to mouth TVFers might salvage it and eat it? Or more likely, because peopel are not irresponsible idiots who throw poison about  not knowing what the impact will be.

This thread is testimony to the ignorance and stupidity of so many foreigners. They will question stories  in the media, they will  make up obtuse stories to rationalize their dalliances with whores, and they will  come up with convoluted claims about conspiracies, and yet all of a sudden here they are accepting a questionable story at face value.   No evidence to substantiate the claim of the magical dog flying over a fence, or to corroborate an alleged 5  prior events.  Dogs will bite when they are threatened. I know that when Thai kids torment the dogs they are often bitten and  many Thais like so many farangs love to kick dogs, especially sick, and injured dogs.

well I do know it has attacked 5 times ....

so you think the dog is innocent and 5 people caused the dog to attack them ...

rubbish .....  :coffee1:

Just now, steven100 said:

well I do know it has attacked 5 times ....

so you think the dog is innocent and 5 people caused the dog to attack them ...

rubbish .....  :coffee1:

No I don't know if the dog attacked 5 times. What I do know is that the information is being massaged and emotions stoked. Get the facts straight first. The information like all other incendiary stories is not  verified. You are being played for a sap.

7 hours ago, Thaiverymuch said:

OMB I hope they put the dog to sleep, this must never ever happen to anyone again. The poor little boy, I hope he recovers well. Bless his heart emoji120.pngemoji257.pngemoji173.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should put the owner to sleep as well!!