Time Maschine-Going back-Would you?

swissie

"Mistakes

I've made a few

But then again

Too few to mention..."

Well, if I could go back, retaining my awareness of mistakes - perhaps more than an insignificant few...  - I see myself having made, I can't imagine not wanting to do those things differently and becoming a better self, for myself and for some others in my life.  So, yes.  Definitely.

Edited by hawker9000

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

"Mistakes

I've made a few

But then again

Too few to mention..."

Well, if I could go back, retaining my awareness of mistakes - perhaps more than an insignificant few...  - I see myself having made, I can't imagine not wanting to do those things differently and becoming a better self, for myself and for some others in my life.  So, yes.  Definitely.

... and I should apologize for taking some literary license.  The lyrics are actually "Regrets ..."

I am originally from year 2280, I worked as an assistant in a lab and was involved in an experiment , the professor sent me back to 2005 and I was supposed to get back 1 month later. Something went wrong and I have been stuck here since. 

I do miss the future , but the coffee is great here, we don't have that in my time zone.

15 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Wow! Not one mistake?

Amazing!

Back to the song then, without the "regrets" line.

You must keep a low profile for someone so successful.

Cocktail party on the yacht anytime soon? Just let us know...

No i wouldnt change a thing ,there have been one or two not to good times ,but i have always believed one door closes another one opens ,and if i had changed the bad bits the better bits maybe would have not come along ,and the good bits have been and are great ,i have a wonderful wife ,a lovely family both here in Thailand and in the UK ,and Whoever the good fairy in the sky is i hope he or she keeps it that way .

20 hours ago, swissie said:

Not a bad idea. Classic English, close to "Queen's - English" in combination with the ability to merge Classic-English with American-English" , the world is your oyster. Good salary assured.

To live in Switzerland is expensive? Yes, as a Tourist. But for a resident (knowing his way around), the ratio between salary/ cost of living is still very attractive.

Cheers.  

A bit chilly for me, thanks. Maybe if you can make it warm up a bit...

7 hours ago, i claudius said:

No i wouldnt change a thing ,there have been one or two not to good times ,but i have always believed one door closes another one opens ,and if i had changed the bad bits the better bits maybe would have not come along ,and the good bits have been and are great ,i have a wonderful wife ,a lovely family both here in Thailand and in the UK ,and Whoever the good fairy in the sky is i hope he or she keeps it that way .

Do you do the UK lottery? If not you should start with a big roll-over week.

There are a couple of things I could change that wouldn't really make a difference other than stopping me being cheated by tenants, lawyers and estate agents, and more lawyers, that would just leave me quite a bit wealthier.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

Investments, stocks, buy low, sell high and all that shit. It would be a lot easier just to keep a list of all the Lottery and super lottery numbers, and play them for a year.Whta could be easier. You could be having a great time while just waiting for the Lottery days. Bugger all that working crap.You wouldnt even have to be in the UK. You could be in ant other tropical country and still be a winner. Of course the bank trans fers would have to be worked out, and you would have to go and collect the cheques your self, but what a terrible thing.

52 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Investments, stocks, buy low, sell high and all that shit. It would be a lot easier just to keep a list of all the Lottery and super lottery numbers, and play them for a year.Whta could be easier. You could be having a great time while just waiting for the Lottery days. Bugger all that working crap.You wouldnt even have to be in the UK. You could be in ant other tropical country and still be a winner. Of course the bank trans fers would have to be worked out, and you would have to go and collect the cheques your self, but what a terrible thing.

You have been watching Back To The Future movies...

:whistling:

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

A mathamatician called Wright

Could travel much faster than light

He set out one day , in a relative way

And returned on the previous night.

An inventor of Time Machines

Fell in love with an aunt of his childhood dreams

His father, as well as older

Considerably bolder

Sired his own pa in the grandmother's teens

11 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

It should be a given that travelling back in time would erase all memory of lotto numbers etc. We'd all like to win the Euro lottery in our teens, but it would change our life in fundamental ways so we wouldn't have the same life experience, and in every respect it would be a completely different life, that we might then have to go back to fix again.

For that reason no one should be able to assassinate Hitler  in 1930 etc.

For myself, I'd like the same life path, but not make all the stupid mistakes that I regret.

Mind explaining to all of us what in the hell in is "time maschine"???

I wouldn't mind travelling in a Back to the Future type of time machine, that'd be cool. I could even let you go back in time and edit this thread to say "time machine" instead of "time maschine", just in case that's what you meant.

59 minutes ago, madusa said:

In fact you had done all that you had wished you could do in the parallel universe.  So you don't have to get into this machine that looks like a huge washing machine to bring you back or go forward.

You are absolutely right. Who needs a Time-Machine when one can life in "Parallel-Universes" already.

All we have to do is board an airplane in our home-country and end up in Pattaya.

Upon arriving in Pattaya, one immediately realises that he has entered a "parallel-universe".
Cheers.

3 hours ago, swissie said:

You are absolutely right. Who needs a Time-Machine when one can life in "Parallel-Universes" already.

All we have to do is board an airplane in our home-country and end up in Pattaya.

Upon arriving in Pattaya, one immediately realises that he has entered a "parallel-universe".
Cheers.

Maybe not a parallel universe but like a Star Trek episode; a planet in a distant universe that has evolved in a similar way but taken a different path.

Amazing!

:drunk:

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It should be a given that travelling back in time would erase all memory of lotto numbers etc. We'd all like to win the Euro lottery in our teens, but it would change our life in fundamental ways so we wouldn't have the same life experience, and in every respect it would be a completely different life, that we might then have to go back to fix again.

For that reason no one should be able to assassinate Hitler  in 1930 etc.

For myself, I'd like the same life path, but not make all the stupid mistakes that I regret.

I dont see that. If you went on the computer and noted down all the winning numbers, why couldn't you simply write out the same numbers on their respective dates.