Pattaya has barely seen the like of it since the infamous bust of the foreign bridge players in February last year

webfact

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it just as well that prostitution is not permitted in Thailand, along with free testing of condoms, drinking whiskey until you can hardly make back to the car.

Now this terrible gambling by older ladies.  You'll upset all the good work done by the Thai constabulary in eradicating the above.

:smile:

Bust of the Year... Obviously Pattaya is so clean the they have nothing more important to do.

They are the  laughing stock of Thailand only not funny ,,,,, Pathetic.

And they still puff out their chests like peacocks.

Police reform now

12 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.:shock1:

So if there had been evidence that they had been drinking they would have been arrested ? On what charge ? Did drinking in a private home suddenly become illegal ? Imagine the chaos ! 

This is what I read....

Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling

15 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Great to see Police resources used to their full extent ! mean while rapes murders (suicides) theft runs rampant !

A bit of old hat by now, don't you think? maybe time to come up with a different slant?

Why they don't use matchsticks or squares of certain coloured paper or plastic discs instead of money I don't know. One trusted person acts as banker and they settle up at the end of the evening. No money needs to be on the table, so no evidence of gambling, it's just for fun, officer!

19 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were drinking.:shock1:

So if there had been evidence that they had been drinking they would have been arrested ? On what charge ? Did drinking in a private home suddenly become illegal ? Imagine the chaos ! 

Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.

A trip to the opticians needed?

8 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Three others who were drinking on an adjoining table were let go as there was no evidence they were gambling.

A trip to the opticians needed?

A trip back thru this thread to see that the article was edited after it was quoted for you.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:44 AM, jaywalker said:

My wife (actually me), was shaken down for 10K baht once for a minor traffic accident, that wasn't her fault. I was miles & miles away.

The cop told her "You have farang name. All farang have big money. Must pay 10K baht or I make big problem for you".

Never, ever would I have paid up.

A cop on the expressway tried to shake me down, some years ago, and I laughed right up in his face.

Told him to arrest me and take me and my wife plus another passenger to the station so we could sort this out in the presence of his boss.

Nothing happened and I got a hand shake and that was that.

I pay my traffic fines but not try to shake me down for some thousand baht not existing wrong. :mad:

17 hours ago, bandito said:

Never, ever would I have paid up.

A cop on the expressway tried to shake me down, some years ago, and I laughed right up in his face.

Told him to arrest me and take me and my wife plus another passenger to the station so we could sort this out in the presence of his boss.

Nothing happened and I got a hand shake and that was that.

I pay my traffic fines but not try to shake me down for some thousand baht not existing wrong. :mad:

I had the same sort of nonsense quite a few yeas ago with the same result.

No disrespect to your missus but in her case it was likely the old "face" thing so she paid up as if 10k is pocket change.

TIT.

38 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

So is it illegal to use playing cards or play card games?  I enjoy a friendly game of cribbage, or canasta.  I never played for money and I don't need nor want to play for money.  But is it illegal to play with cards?

Just no strip poker.

10 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

So is taking a ride on a taxi-motorbike especially when the jockey is p*ssed .. :ph34r:

Astounding how they "openly" sit in their "rank" (if that's how they refer to it) knocking back the booze whilst waiting for an unsuspecting "Mug"

seen them in Pattaya Klang without giving a toss for peoples reactions?

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, tracker1 said:

Great to see Police resources used to their full extent ! mean while rapes murders (suicides) theft runs rampant !

"... while rapes murders (suicides) theft runs rampant !"

LOL   Crimes in Pattaya are certainly disturbingly real, and enough to influence would-be tourists, but hardly a "rampage".   Get real.

But could police "resources" be better utilized?  Absolutely no argument there, and one that really doesn't need the silly hyperbole.

Archived