Kasikorn bank drama ends as pet shop owner drops charges

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The teller was later charged with theft by Wat Singh police.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The bank said it was all a genuine mistake.

The teller was charged with theft.... It was a genuine mistake...

These two statement contradict each other I would say! 

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Same S***T different day.   Yet again the perpetrators are free to continue their scamming ways when in a progressive country the teller and the bank would be prosecuted.

I doubt very much that a bank would be prosecuted for the action of one employee. They investigated, the employee was charged and is probably facing jail time, and the bank offered the customer his missing 40,000 back. The customer wanted blood but has now come to his senses and accepted the situation was the action of a rogue employee.

All remarkably sensible, really.

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I had a slightly different problem with a bank. I changed some Euros into Baht for my wife.

The cashier took a wad of 1,000 Baht notes, put them in the note-counter so I could see, it showed the correct amount. The cashier reversed the notes and the machine counted again, correctly. I went home with the cash. My wife counted the notes again and discovered a 500 Baht note in the middle of the wad.

We both rushed to the bank, explained to the same cashier what had happened. She immediately closed her counter to customers in the queue, and counted all the cash in her draw, checking against a total on the screen.

After about ten minutes she swapped the 500 Baht note for a 1,000 and apologised.

Now I don't know if it was or wasn't an honest mistake, but ever since it has taught me to check any large amount of notes to ensure they're all the same value.

Sorry but you rushed back for 500 baht

8 hours ago, inThailand said:

Do they have inactive posts at banks?

Yes, usually the managers are. Pay attention next time you go to a bank, the manager usually is the most useless person around.

I will never forget a pink taxi trying to hustle me. First he asked for ฿300 to go from ASOK to ladphrao soi 48. I had just paid ฿65 for the ride there.  I said let me out or turn on the meter. He said the meter broken 555. He agreed to a ฿150 fare. But gave me change of a ฿500 bill with no face (counterfeit) I demanded my note back, went into the 7/11 and got change paid him ฿100 when he complained I asked shall I call the police? He left. The moral of the story, I am skeptical about pink taxis, no meter no ride, and check the license tag on the door. This one didn't have one. And always check your change

2 hours ago, Deli said:

Yes, usually the managers are. Pay attention next time you go to a bank, the manager usually is the most useless person around.

What was that phrase about people being promoted to the level of their incompetence.

4 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Sorry but you rushed back for 500 baht

No, he rushed back to report a scam or possible innocent mistake- just like most people would do.

Edited by Psimbo

On July 26, 2017 at 3:47 PM, cyberfarang said:

My guess is; the bank discretely compensated the customer, the cashier and any others who may have been involved in the plot discretely told to resign and therefore no one publicly loses face, case put to bed, all forgotten within the next few weeks.

Glad the customer stuck by his guns and received justice.

First part probably correct. I remember a case,about 25yrs ago,one of the cashiers stole 300,000bht from a customer. When the theft was discovered, the cashiers family sold some property,reimbursed the customer,and that was it. The cashier continued to work at that same bank,as if nothing had happened.