Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Bar 'lady drink' etiquette?

Adbro1

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

No. I see and speak to them in real life, off the record

Those lovely little sweeties who adore you in bars , off the record, in real life, just think customers are pathetic losers who have to pay females to sit and talk to them 

"just think customers are pathetic losers who have to pay females to sit and talk to them "

That line is total nonsense.

The vast majority simply don't think that way.

There may well be an exception as in your case

Those words, after seeing previous posts of yours are, IMO straight from your mouth, not theirs.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, sanemax said:

I would have a guess and say that 75% of them have kids , 50 % of them have two kids and 25 % of them have grand kids .

O.K, fair enough, not many have felangs kids living abroad , but quite a few have felang "boyfriends" back home working and sending them money regularly and plan to come over at Christmas and visit .

Thats a bit more than a guess actually , as I know quite a lot of them

Quite a few have HIV as well .

HIV? No one can prove that any of them got it working in the bar. In fact highly unlikely as most are not stupid enough to do it without a condom.

If HIV was actually a problem with bargirls, millions of farangs would be dying of AIDS back in their home countries.

Far, far more likely to catch it from the Thai boyfriend.

17 hours ago, mogandave said:

Where does one live that quite a lot of their neighbors are bargirls?

I lived in a Pattaya apartment building that had loads of bargirls sharing rooms. Close to an internet café so they could skype their farang suckers before they went to work.

14 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I disagree with the speak like men part.  They ALL speak weird, their voice is halfway between a man and woman and it's clearly unnatural.  The voice is always the giveaway.  I don't even bother to check their feet or how tall they are, I just wait for their mouth to open.

I believe the quote you give was originally from me.

If you believe They ALL speak weird, their voice is halfway between a man and woman and it's clearly unnatural. you just don't know many ladyboys.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, mogandave said:

I think generally ladyboys do not try to trick people into going back to the room under the guise of being a real woman.

Rarely would an event line that end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's not the point. If one is going to a barbeer with the intention of a happy ending with a real girl, one is going to be PO if one has spent a great deal of time and lady drink money getting to the point of asking them to go back to the hotel, if it turns out they are NOT the real thing, regardless if it doesn't get to the barfine stage.

1 hour ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

I can't see a sex worker in the West readily .............. just chatting for an hour.  

According to the ones I asked about it, many married men that visit prostitutes ( in the western country I hail from ) want company more than sex, so yes, they do chat for an hour, sometimes.

Says something about marriage in the west that men pay just to stay a while with a woman that doesn't hate them.

2 hours ago, happyas said:

"just think customers are pathetic losers who have to pay females to sit and talk to them "

That line is total nonsense.

The vast majority simply don't think that way.

I think it's somewhere in the middle; with a group of girls they're going to be joking around a bit and won't show like they care about anything.  Chicks wanting to be cool.   You can hear almost equally horrendous statements in any group of Thai women regardless of who they're married to/involved with, be it Mia Farangs or Thai husbands or a combination. 

It's not unlike men talking amongst themselves: that's not going to sound like all love & care most of the time when the topic is womenfolk.   But at home with the Mrs. they're often a lot less tough/cool. 

I think it's safe to say that in a group of bar workers, any kind of doting over Some Guy will be met with swift derision. :)  I think that's okay, allows for some venting and not taking things all that seriously. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

HIV? No one can prove that any of them got it working in the bar. In fact highly unlikely as most are not stupid enough to do it without a condom.

If HIV was actually a problem with bargirls, millions of farangs would be dying of AIDS back in their home countries.

Far, far more likely to catch it from the Thai boyfriend.

Does it matter where they caught it, if they did?   Anyway we're on a slight tangent already in this topic, and while a HIV debate could be refreshingly 'retro'  I don't think it'll go anywhere.   The one part in the above that I agree with is that even tabloid newspapers have giving up on scaremongering HIV, as indeed Farangs aren't dying off by the thousands after spending time with Thai women. 

2 hours ago, Dante99 said:

What happened to the good old days when if you were thirsty you could stop in a bar and get a beer without thinking about any of the crap in this thread?

Nothing has "happened".

One can still do so if one so desires.

Except of course the few who make a big deal about the ins and outs of doing so, and they are a minority outside of TV forums IMO.

1 hour ago, Ruffian Dick said:

I think that what you are calling "Pretty Bars" are known as Hostess Bars in other countries. Or at least when they bother to speak something resembling English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs

Maybe similar.  I don't worry too much about the name, I just enjoy the ambience.

https://www.facebook.com/Milk-Club-1521228941499413/

https://www.facebook.com/nobarcnx/?ref=br_tf

https://www.facebook.com/OxidePubChiangmai/

You either pay the drink or give her money. 

On a side note don't worry about looking like a cheapskate. Drinking at the above mentioned places already qualifies you as one so there's not much you can do. 

On the subject of bar girls,I never knew i was handsome until i walked down Loi Kroh road for the first time.:smile:

Seriously,first time in Thailand and i did have to ask myself "Have i got it all wrong,am i handsome and haven't had a girlfriend for 13 years simply because im shy?" lol

Fortunately,I soon worked out there's a bit of a scam going on here.:smile:

Which is more than can be said for the 68 year old fat guy with dirty toe nails i  travelled with.

You'd think a guy his age wouldn't be so naive,yet he was convinced the girls like an older guy because they respect age and they like a 'big' guy for <deleted> knows what reason?

He was even convinced a young Thai girl was giving him the 'eye' on  the plane home. 

This was a fairly pretty (7/10) young Thai girl travelling with her family to England,why on earth would she pay him any attention if she's not stuck in a bar and has to pay him attention?

It has affected(effected?) him so much that he regurarly pours scorn at women back home with remarks like "Look at the state of her","She's rough" etc.

These women wouldnt touch him with a barge pole,yet in his mind they are beneath him.

It made me chuckle somewhat when i returned to Thailand alone and discovered these ladies,that supposedly admired him so much had a  rather unflattering nickname for him.

Conversation went something like this...[me to bar lady] " You remember so and so"...[lady]"No,who you mean"....,i show them photo of him....."Oh,Hobbit man" lol

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

Maybe similar.  I don't worry too much about the name, I just enjoy the ambience.

6 hours ago, Ruffian Dick said:

Aw, I was hoping for a map. :shock1:

Take a closer look at the FB pages, click on the small map near the top of each page.

15 hours ago, heybruce said:

Myeah.. have been to two of those.   They're okay, and the girls definitely pretty, but.. .. .  I don't know, it's not really my thing.   I also feel like I need to behave myself more, which kind of defeats the purpose of a good night out.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, Dante99 said:

What happened to the good old days when if you were thirsty you could stop in a bar and get a beer without thinking about any of the crap in this thread?

What "good old days"? The bar beers have been there longer than I have been coming to Thailand.

Want to drink in a bar without bargirls- almost any hotel can help you. No one is forcing anyone to drink in bar beers.

2 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Myeah.. have been to two of those.   They're okay, and the girls definitely pretty, but.. .. .  I don't know, it's not really my thing.   I also feel like I need to behave myself more, which kind of defeats the purpose of a good night out.

To each their own.  It's fun to fondle, and these are look but don't touch places, but I like them anyway.  I enjoy practicing Thai with pretty college students, and helping them with their English.  I also enjoy that I'm under no pressure to buy them a drink and keep buying.  Less sleazy, more friendly, and much better eye candy.

56 minutes ago, heybruce said:

To each their own.  It's fun to fondle, and these are look but don't touch places, but I like them anyway.  I enjoy practicing Thai with pretty college students, and helping them with their English.  I also enjoy that I'm under no pressure to buy them a drink and keep buying.  Less sleazy, more friendly, and much better eye candy.

Oxy-moron[ish];

One who quotes;

"It's fun to fondle"

But likes "less sleazy"

:sick:

6 hours ago, happyas said:

Oxy-moron[ish];

One who quotes;

"It's fun to fondle"

But likes "less sleazy"

:sick:

Really?  Was the post, taken in context, beyond your comprehension?

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What do you fondle with, your eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'll assume you are serious, and ask:  Do you not like to look at pretty women?

I do. 

I'll assume you are serious, and ask:  Do you not like to look at pretty women?

I do. 

fon·dle

ˈfändl/

verb

stroke or caress lovingly or erotically.

"the dog came over to have his ears fondled"

synonyms: caress, stroke, pat, pet, finger, tickle, play with; More

noun

I've never heard of anyone being able to do the above with their eyes before.

Now Ogle, that's a different matter.........

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

... I've never heard of anyone being able to do the above with their eyes before.

Look into my avatar.  There's enough hair there (nowadays) around the eyeballs to  tickle fancies and weave a rug.

33 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I've never heard of anyone being able to do the above with their eyes before.

Its amazing what eyes can do and say. Those lovely come to bed eye's you see through the beer haze. Slowly stripping the girl/boy  eyes. The connection stare countless things eyes can do.

Archived