Bar 'lady drink' etiquette?

Adbro1

8 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

... Trying to be all sanctimonious and holier than tho...

There's no need for that kind of behavior.  I prefer humble, penitent people who have an altruistic attitude.  Always worked in bars for me.  And the next morning.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of weeks back I went to see Lek and her women-folk at 69 bar in the boxing stadium on Loy Kroh. I have known Lek for years. Just wanted to blow some money having fun for a while.  Most of the girls are from Chiang Rai these days. Lek suggested I chat with Mimi since my favorite wasnt there. That was fine, and Mimi did ask me to buy 2 of her hard-up gal friends a drink , with explanations that they were Particularly deserving. Ha ha......all was well....then a particular ladyboy I saw the time before wanted one and I declined. I mean, I want to have fun with girls. But he just stood there staring at me, the other three started calling him sister, and I folded, OK OK.

Then this really young woman not a bargirl, or more probably a bg wanna be maybe? Appeared and she was really interesting. So I had 5 patrons, and once I got started I bought all of them 3 drinks. Plus mine. It ran me 2 grand, but I think Lek did give me a discount. They really only asked me for 4 drinks total, and I offered the rest,  got to admit.

As Winnie says, its best not to take things too seriously.....

23 minutes ago, huli said:

A couple of weeks back I went to see Lek and her women-folk at 69 bar in the boxing stadium on Loy Kroh. I have known Lek for years. Just wanted to blow some money having fun for a while.  Most of the girls are from Chiang Rai these days. Lek suggested I chat with Mimi since my favorite wasnt there. That was fine, and Mimi did ask me to buy 2 of her hard-up gal friends a drink , with explanations that they were Particularly deserving. Ha ha......all was well....then a particular ladyboy I saw the time before wanted one and I declined. I mean, I want to have fun with girls. But he just stood there staring at me, the other three started calling him sister, and I folded, OK OK.

Then this really young woman not a bargirl, or more probably a bg wanna be maybe? Appeared and she was really interesting. So I had 5 patrons, and once I got started I bought all of them 3 drinks. Plus mine. It ran me 2 grand, but I think Lek did give me a discount. They really only asked me for 4 drinks total, and I offered the rest,  got to admit.

As Winnie says, its best not to take things too seriously.....

Yes.. although my tolerance for an aggressive stance (staring or whatevs) isn't great.   Excellent way of making me get the bill and clearing out. :)    

And then vowing not to return..  But then as much as one week later realizing: "Wait.. this is Chiang Mai.. how many decent bars are there really.."  and then go back anyway, likely find the same person non-drunk and sorting it out really amicably. 

That happened once or twice the last year or so.

It's a bit late in the day to be posting this but for those few people that have been trying to calculate my bar bill i should add i always buy large beers at 110 baht each and 6 beers purchased isn't necessarily 100% accurate,neither is the 3000baht bar bill.Its a 'ballpark' figure,it could have been  be less,could have be more.

The point was meant to be that i had spend a lot more than i had got out of it(drinkswise).

Whoever posted that i must have bought 20 lady drinks is a little wide of the mark.I certainly have never bought anywhere near that amount of lady drinks.

But i'm also thinking there's a possibility the 3000baht(ballpark) bar bill may suggest 1 or 2 drinks were added to my bill unbeknown to me?More fool me for having a tab.

I remember toying with the idea of arguing over the bar bill but if you're too drunk remember exactly what drinks you bought you're in no position to argue(in my opinion).

I do intend on paying for drinks as and when i drink them from now on.

9 hours ago, Adbro1 said:

I remember toying with the idea of arguing over the bar bill but if you're too drunk remember exactly what drinks you bought you're in no position to argue(in my opinion).

Yes, very much so.   In fact I've learned to just trust the cashier in the handful of bars I visit, all of them are good people and all of them are a lot more qualified to be counting drinks and adding stuff up than I am come midnight or so.. 

Actually I get charged less a lot more often than charged more;  not usually the cashier's fault, but the person making my drink not adequately informing her to write another bill.  I always tell them if I notice. 

Oh an another thing: when I don't have enough money to pay the bill and I leave it at  the bar, I always sign it on the back regardless if the bar asks me to do so or not. And then I take a picture of it too, because there's no way I remember in the morning.   It really helps a lot when someone informs you of an old bill when your signature and a short note you wrote is on the back. 

58 minutes ago, idman said:

26 pages of posts on a silly topic. Etiquette to a hooker in a bar? Have the lot of you gone mental?

Who said anything about 'ho*kers'. 

My understand is that it would be against TV rules to discuss illegal activities or such like. 

I thought we were discussing the ambience, techniques and etiquette required of refined Farangs when entertaining or being entertained by a locally employed(?) lady or ladies in a CM Bar during the course (coarse) of an evening out! 

PS; How do you make it 26 Pages, my screen says page 18 of 18!

:partytime2:  Enjoy what is left of the CM Night life!

36 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Who said anything about 'ho*kers'. 

My understand is that it would be against TV rules to discuss illegal activities or such like. 

You could post this post in the "lies felangs tell themselves" thread

3 hours ago, idman said:

26 pages of posts on a silly topic. Etiquette to a hooker in a bar? Have the lot of you gone mental?

OMG, they're talking about treating those humans with some respect and civility.

What would our puritan ancestors think!  

3 minutes ago, amexpat said:

OMG, they're talking about treating those humans with some respect and civility.

What would our puritan ancestors think!  

You pay to have sex with these people and they will have sex with anyone who will pay .

All chivalry is out the window .

Its a business deal

You are buying what they are selling

10 minutes ago, amexpat said:

So you feel no need to be polite to a mechanic, shoe salesman, waiter?

You may very well view sex as a commodity that can be bought and sold .

I am naturally polite to most people .

But when it comes to thieves, druggies , shoplifters, prostitutes , mongers , drunken louts , muggers , pick-pockets , burglars and the rest of the similar ilk , I do realise that they have rather low standards and would take advantage of myself at the first opportunity . 

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You may very well view sex as a commodity that can be bought and sold .

I am naturally polite to most people .

But when it comes to thieves, druggies , shoplifters, prostitutes , mongers , drunken louts , muggers , pick-pockets , burglars and the rest of the similar ilk , I do realise that they have rather low standards and would take advantage of myself at the first opportunity . 

Well i know some of those people you mention. I would dispute the low standards bit most not all of the ones i know have rather high standards. Plus there not short of a bob or two either.

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

hieves, druggies , shoplifters, prostitutes , mongers , drunken louts , muggers , pick-pockets , burglars and the rest of the similar ilk

This is called "the glittering generality".  The nazis used it effectively to group Jews with criminals, lunatics, perverts, etc.

Just curl up with your bible and don't go out after dark. You should be safe from all of us. Guess which one(s) I am. 

5 minutes ago, amexpat said:

This is called "the glittering generality".  The nazis used it effectively to group Jews with criminals, lunatics, perverts, etc.

Just curl up with your bible and don't go out after dark. You should be safe from all of us. Guess which one(s) I am. 

Why do you keep insinuation that I have Religious tendencies, its really nothing to do with Religion and why you think that I am afraid to go out after dark and why do you think that I would be worried about you ?

And its also nothing similar to the way Nazis treated Jews .

Sorry.  I shouldn't assume your sexual hangups are consciously based in religion. 

It's not about the final treatment of Jews. It's about trying to make people think of one type of people in the same light as some despised types of people.  

Do you see?  Or do you not-see? 

Archived