Non-O from Neighboring Country using Proof of Income

Hi All,

Long term reader of the forum but couldn't find this specific question in previous threads so thought I'd start a new Topic - Mods, if it has already been done to death then please share the link and feel free to close this one down

I'm working in Singapore and looking to get things in place for retirement in Thailand whilst I'm still working here and would like to start by getting a Non-O based on being over 50 & using proof of income in Singapore, I know I can't get it in Singapore as I don't have Permanent Residency so was hoping that there would be a nearby country that I could travel to for a day or two to get one.

Background:-

1. Originally from UK, already over 50 & my income exceeds the 65,000 THB per month that they ask for - So I believe I meet all of their criteria
  2. For the next 6-9 months I'm struggling for holiday days as most spoken for so would like to get things arranged using the smallest number of working days as possible
  3. I am going back to the UK for 10 days in October so I could arrange things there if that was my only option, but Ideally I would like to avoid a trip to London 

So my questions are:-

1. Can I get a non-O from a neighboring country using Proof of Income & if I can, can I use the British Embassy in Singapore to provide it or would I need to get it from that country?
  2. If I can't get it from a neighboring country, can I get one in Thailand without having to spend more than a couple of days there? I could probably do a trip using the Public Holiday on Fri 1st Sept & take a day off 2-3 weeks later to collect the visa if that's possible.  Again, would I be able to use the British Embassy in Singapore for proof of income or would I need to go to the one in Bangkok?
  3. If it can't be done and I do need to get one from the UK, can I get a Non-O / Non-OA without visiting London using either Proof of Income or Savings in the UK/Singapore?

Apologies if it sounds like I'm making this more complicated than it is, I'm trying to get as much sorted out as I can whilst using up as few holiday days as possible as all-but 4 days this year are committed to the trip to the UK and a close friend's wedding in the Philippines.

Thanks for any advise...

Regards

LIS

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

Penang might be your best bet from Singapore. Useful info contained in this thread (and the one linked in post #8);

Thanks... Penang is one of my favorite places to visit so will definitely check it out