Jim's Place Penang

For those of you who know Jim, many of you will for sure from doing visa runs to Penang, his Guesthouse, Cafe, and Visa service will be moving location this month to slightly further down Chulia street, Jim's Place will have the same staff just not Jim himself, its name has also been changed to Malibu Cafe!

So if you still want to see Jim and have him deal with your visa's tickets etc keep an eye out for his new office!

Cheers

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• 16 years later...
On 1/2/2007 at 5:53 PM, beejoir said:

For those of you who know Jim, many of you will for sure from doing visa runs to Penang, his Guesthouse, Cafe, and Visa service will be moving location this month to slightly further down Chulia street, Jim's Place will have the same staff just not Jim himself, its name has also been changed to Malibu Cafe!

So if you still want to see Jim and have him deal with your visa's tickets etc keep an eye out for his new office!

Cheers

i'm sorry,  I don't know Jim .. i never met him,   was he a good fella 

• Haha 1

Are there still visa agents in Penang as I am partially incapacitated I do need assistance, I entered Thailand visa exempt on 30th Nov and will extend another 30 days , I have an onward flight out of Thailand on the 24th January to Penang, just wondering if that's the easiest way for me to go now considering the visa agent situation.

6 hours ago, one baht said:

Are there still visa agents in Penang as I am partially incapacitated I do need assistance, I entered Thailand visa exempt on 30th Nov and will extend another 30 days , I have an onward flight out of Thailand on the 24th January to Penang, just wondering if that's the easiest way for me to go now considering the visa agent situation.

Penang requires u go in person. 

47 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

head to Phnom Penh an use an agent>>
need copy of bank book with $1,000 in it 
takes 3-4 days in PP, more if not 

$1,000 are you serious $1,000 USD? 34,000 baht.  or is that just how much you need in your bank book, how much does the 'Agent' want?

On 12/17/2023 at 11:39 AM, brianthainess said:

$1,000 are you serious $1,000 USD? 34,000 baht.  or is that just how much you need in your bank book, how much does the 'Agent' want?

Thats what u need show in ur bank, AS I SAID<

any bank, NOT the cost of the visa
if ur in Kampot or anywhere outside PP the agents charge $80
In PP  $60

At the embassy $40

FYI:
even if u use an agent in Penang u still need go to the Consulate>
unlike using an agent in PP

• Thanks 1