NCPO warns of strict traffic enforcement after bus stops installation

Rimmer

NCPO warns of strict traffic enforcement after bus stops installation

1252-n1NCPO.jpg

PATTAYA:--The military is promising once a series of new bus stops are installed, parking and stopping regulations will be strictly enforced.

Maj. Gen. Popanan Lueng­panuwat, head of the National Council for Peace and Order in Banglamung District, met with baht bus drivers and the public July 19 to review progress on its transport reorganization effort.

Popanan maintained that the 30 new bus stops will keep traffic organized and reduce congestion if all baht bus drivers operate on their assigned routes and obey traffic laws.

The stops, he said, were created to be the zones where passengers are picked up and dropped off. There will be no more stopping in the middle of the street or cutting through traffic, he dictated.

In addition, drivers no longer would be able to negotiate charter rides. Drivers who wish to do private hires must apply for a different license from the Chonburi Land Transport Department.

He told the public that regular citizens also must heed the army’s rules and stand only at stops to flag down rides.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/ncpo-warns-strict-traffic-enforcement-bus-stops-installation-181803

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-07-28

The National Council for Piece and Quiet has quietly morphed into the National Council for Baht-Bus Traffic, Pattaya Chapter - while the Pattaya Traffic Police has ventured out from their hut for a quick peek and quietly retreated back behind the lines where they belong.

1 hour ago, WhizBang said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:      Yeah, this is gonna work.   :w00t:

Hate to rain everyone's parade here but I found it working yesterday. Tried to board a baht bus, one of several with space coming down Beach Rd and was told I had to go a stop.

" regular citizens must also heed the army's rules and stand only at stops to flag down rides " 

'Erm are they trying to say that folk who only come here regularly must now have flags to hail a baht bus .. 

" There will be no more stopping in the middle of the road or cutting through traffic he dictated " 

Crikey is this a dictatorship .? I thought it was a world class holiday resort .. 

Will they be dealing with transgressors by way of stinger tyre deflators or roadside launched R P G's .. ☠

1 hour ago, Ling Kae said:

They have made about 4 good well marked pedestrian crossings on beach road but nobody ever stops for you. How about the NCPO police the existing crossings? Can we start there at least?

Would that mean you have to pay to cross the road .? :post-4641-1156694606: 

7 hours ago, champers said:

There is insufficient manpower to enforce this and I doubt that there is the will to enforce it either.

There is enough manpower but it does not get used as most are on their second job trying to make ends meet or sleeping.

7 hours ago, biggles45 said:

The beach road Ped Xings are a great entertainment. The look of horror on tourists faces when they realise that the huge tour bus is NOT going to stop !!

And this being the season of Bus brake failures sooner or later one of them won't be able to stop .. ?

22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

He told the public that regular citizens also must heed the army’s rules

painfully direct; no mention of police involvement; without them, and them actually doing their jobs, there will be no sustainability

15 hours ago, biggles45 said:

The beach road Ped Xings are a great entertainment. The look of horror on tourists faces when they realise that the huge tour bus is NOT going to stop !!

Maybe entertaining  until you see their  guts and brains splattered all over the road

22 minutes ago, midas said:

if all baht bus drivers operate on their assigned routes and obey traffic laws."

Easier to believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden:giggle:

Maybe the green leprechauns have more power ?

61ca8a04ac77d5fc0581cc4766cbb393--leprachaun-leprechaun-pictures.jpg.46d0141afc002913d6b917135b589581.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, JSixpack said:

Hate to rain everyone's parade here but I found it working yesterday. Tried to board a baht bus, one of several with space coming down Beach Rd and was told I had to go a stop.

When I went to Pattaya a while back, the baht bus driver that took us from Nth bus terminal didn't want to stop outside my hotel as there wasn't a bus stop there.

Now we have to drag our bags down the road because one can't walk on the broken, blocked pavements with a heavy wheelie bag.

Brilliant thinking, NOT :angry: x a million.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:57 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

When I went to Pattaya a while back, the baht bus driver that took us from Nth bus terminal didn't want to stop outside my hotel as there wasn't a bus stop there.

Now we have to drag our bags down the road because one can't walk on the broken, blocked pavements with a heavy wheelie bag.

Brilliant thinking, NOT :angry: x a million.

I'll be fair: In other countries, the bus stops at a bus station and you would have had to drag your luggage.  Fair point the sidewalks are bad, but this is Pattaya.  This is why I take a Taxi with lots of luggage (even at the Mafia prices).