Car Wax

6 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

What brand is good at Tesco ? Silicone not good why ? I will look at Lazada as I buy lots of stuff from there, thanks

No idea of their range .Just seen it, I get my MER wax from the UK....

Silicone is a repair guys worst nightmare when painting....

7 minutes ago, transam said:

No idea of their range .Just seen it, I get my MER wax from the UK....

Silicone is a repair guys worst nightmare when painting....

If they aint using any silicon removers before painting I'd take my car elsewhere but back on topic I buy Turtle wax from Hardware House, its 550b a tub.

2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

If they aint using any silicon removers before painting I'd take my car elsewhere but back on topic I buy Turtle wax from Hardware House, its 550b a tub.

For sure but it should be avoided as it is a cheap way of providing a shine...Just stick to regular formulas that are not that much more expensive....:stoner:

For sure but it should be avoided as it is a cheap way of providing a shine...Just stick to regular formulas that are not that much more expensive....:stoner:

Is Turtle Wax not a regular formula? Probably the best selling wax in the US for 50 years.

Turtle wax is another one I used alot before I will have to see if we have hardware house around here. Sorry but I dont have anything done here by locals, house repairs, car repairs - whatever had too many <deleted> mes after paying for botched work, luckily Im still able to do my own work and i know its done right and the way I want it the first time.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Is Turtle Wax not a regular formula? Probably the best selling wax in the US for 50 years.

Yes it is a regular wax, l used it 50 years back too, but if they have added silicone in resent years then l would avoid it...:stoner:

www.thaiwashercarclub.com is where many get their detailing stuff from.

As an alternative get someone to bring you Autoglym HD Wax from the UK ...somewhat cheaper there ...

ummm I looked at lazada  autoglym 4-5000 Baht for some wax in a bottle is not my cup of tea, thanks anyway, maybe if I had a Lambo of porsche but then I would pay to have it done lol.

Sorry about that never realised it was priced that high.... could be why I never ordered any before [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

Turtle wax is another one I used alot before I will have to see if we have hardware house around here. Sorry but I dont have anything done here by locals, house repairs, car repairs - whatever had too many <deleted> mes after paying for botched work, luckily Im still able to do my own work and i know its done right and the way I want it the first time.

Its on Lazada as well.

http://www.lazada.co.th/turtle-wax-26082034.html?spm=a2o4l.search.0.0.bz7ZpA&ff=1

4 hours ago, GARYZX6R said:

Lazada gives you the best choice. Nu finish will last six months just don't get it on the plastic trim. Our big c sells it for 800baht a bottle. Otherwise megiures ultimate spray or paste is a good choice.

Meguiars seems not bad yes, anybody else can confirm ?

Are Chemical guys products better ?

Edited by bberrythailand

Can use it on paint, probably better than car wax..

I don't doubt you can use it on any number of things...

If I just wanted an inexpensive wax that was pretty good, I would just go Lotus and look for something with a name I recognized.

Hey, let's turn this into another tire pressure thread...

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I don't doubt you can use it on any number of things...

If I just wanted an inexpensive wax that was pretty good, I would just go Lotus and look for something with a name I recognized.

Hey, let's turn this into another tire pressure thread...

Great idea.....great.gif.6a007fcbdba33f60bf5b83ed15666f31.gif