Police wait for court decision on arrest warrants, says source

snoop1130

Police wait for court decision on arrest warrants, says source

By The Nation

7d657a418e0ccb595b4d81249f06009a.jpeg

Watana Muangsook

The police want to charge Pheu Thai’s key figure, Watana Muangsook, and three more people for planning to instigate unrest ahead of the August 25 court verdict ruling in the case of former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

On Thursday, the police sought arrest warrants for three people suspected of instigation ahead of the August 25 court verdict. Deputy national police chief General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul had said that the request was made on Wednesday, but he declined to elaborate or identify the suspects.

“We are waiting for a decision by the court as to whether to issue the requested arrest warrants,” Srivara said. He noted the three were among a group of people who were being monitored by police.

The police source said the police have found some posts by the persons that they deem as instigating unrest. The source said the posts invited Yingluck’s supporters to come out to show support on the verdict day.

The police continue to gather evidence against the three, and intend to file a charge against them, according to the source.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30322087

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-7-28

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:
35 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

and intend to file a charge against them

On Thursday, the police sought arrest warrants

well, which is it ? can you seek arrest warrants without a charge ? let me guess...something about national security

If there was ever any doubt about the ruling of the court, which should be kept secret, and even Prayut shouldn't know, there isn't now. Only if it is a guaranteed guilty verdict and a very heavy sentence, would there be this much anxiety about people attending the court. I can see Yingluck getting 50 years, just so Prayut can get at Thaksin. I can also see the place going up in flames shortly thereafter. Prayut may be pushing his luck with this farce of a trial, that singled out one individual out of many in Government. Funniest is she is accused of not stopping corruption on the rice pledging scheme. Well, here's a thought, How about going after those who actually committed the corruption? I don't see the Chief of Police going to jail because he didn't catch every criminal in the country! Utterly political move, that anyone with half a brain sees through.

I hope the World loudly condemns what comes next.

Edited by MarkusAUST

Suspense, subterfuge and deception. There are always these quotes of 'we have found' but no evidence produced. Its slide of hand at its best. To be political is to be against the General. To be against the General is alignment with YL.

The General battle plan is to get everyone looking at something else. A slide of hand. The devil in the detail is the mounting debt which the junta is running up. This is the real story as the beneficiaries are the ones behind the junta. Mr T's cash pile is small change to what the Bangkok Boys can make down at the banks.

Why. There is uncertainty in the country at the moment. They go after Yingluk but forget about Abhisit disaster by not implementing the flood mitigation program for the country. Again creation of uncertainty. The rail project is not locked in. High military spending on internal armaments. Press releases that are really deceptive at best. So what does this do to the borrowing capacity of the country. Would you lend money to your mate that is about to commit a bank robbery? But I will if you pay me over the odds and a golden security.

These articles are real, but a fabrication or throw off to what is happening. Where is the money coming from and who is it going to. In the process someone will also manage that money.

That's why Mr T's cash pile was small change. What is seen now is the master pupeteer's pulling the strings to rake in the money.

A smoke screen.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“We are waiting for a decision by the court as to whether to issue the requested arrest warrants,” Srivara said. He noted the three were among a group of people who were being monitored by police.

Why don't they just keep monitoring them then?  There must not be a Thai word for "stakeout" .   

It does not sound like they have any basis for criminal intent even in today's oppressive Thailand. 

11 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

If there was ever any doubt about the ruling of the court, which should be kept secret, and even Prayut shouldn't know, there isn't now. Only if it is a guaranteed guilty verdict and a very heavy sentence, would there be this much anxiety about people attending the court. I can see Yingluck getting 50 years, just so Prayut can get at Thaksin. I can also see the place going up in flames shortly thereafter. Prayut may be pushing his luck with this farce of a trial, that singled out one individual out of many in Government. Funniest is she is accused of not stopping corruption on the rice pledging scheme. Well, here's a thought, How about going after those who actually committed the corruption? I don't see the Chief of Police going to jail because he didn't catch every criminal in the country! Utterly political move, that anyone with half a brain sees through.

I hope the World loudly condemns what comes next.

i hope the general is not stupid enough to jail yingluck. he must know the trouble it will cause. i might be wrong, i hope not for the good of thailand. 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Why don't they just keep monitoring them then?  There must not be a Thai word for "stakeout" .   

It does not sound like they have any basis for criminal intent even in today's oppressive Thailand. 

they are putting pressure on the reds. cant actually arrest them as it will lead to unrest before the announcement. need to keep it as calm as possible then try to hand down the biggest fine or jail time that they can that wont lead to civil unrest. it is 1145am at OK corral and there is a gunfight at high noon.

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i hope the general is not stupid enough to jail yingluck. he must know the trouble it will cause. i might be wrong, i hope not for the good of thailand. 

no one is above the law and Khun Prayuth will jail her if she is found to be guilty.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

no one is above the law and Khun Prayuth will jail her if she is found to be guilty.

yes like they jailed the red bull brat that killed the cop. the rich in thailand pay 'fines' they dont go to jail. she has already been found guilty and a 1 billion dollar fine imposed. i am guessing your response was a joke. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

That is a total delusional fallacy in Thailand.  Red Bull heir is one glaring example.  The two men who killed the boiler room guy in Pattaya then fled to Cambodia, were conveniently  forgotten.  The general's brother never got investigated for his behavior.  If you have enough money and connections, the law, what little of it there is after declaring martial law, really does not apply to you.  There are people still way up the ladder who were involved in human trafficking.  They will never be brought to justice.  Just hope Thailand's neighbors learn from its mistakes. 

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

If that is truly the case (and it is NOT the case in Thailand), then Prayut should be in jail on treason charges, along with all his mates and especially Suthep, with whom be conspired to take over the country.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Major correction required to your distortion of the truth oh adoring one. I think you have a crush on him.:heart_001:

There are people above the law and they are PM Prayut and his cronies who give themselves immunity to protect their collective asses for all their administrative bunglings.

Edited by Cadbury

This government is doing the right thing by going after the shins,  good on the general for his work. Let's hope this government stays in for years to come so that security & stability can be assured instead of the previous party fighting, protests and road blocks.

But I guess if one doesn't like the way things are done or it doesn't suit what your use to then one can always shuffle on to greener pastures.

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This government is doing the right thing by going after the shins,  good on the general for his work. Let's hope this government stays in for years to come so that security & stability can be assured instead of the previous party fighting, protests and road blocks.

But I guess if one doesn't like the way things are done or it doesn't suit what your use to then one can always shuffle on to greener pastures.

So you will be leaving us after the election next year then?

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Indeed and we now know reconciliation was a complete sham and conflict now looks inevitable.

Teflon Thailand now Tefal Thailand... a kettle at boiling point. 

Plan B ready folks, we are the lucky ones, we can always go home or elsewhere when it kicks off, and more importantly, we should always be prepared for that eventuality here. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.. you sound a lot like those guys that said it would kick off when the king would die. It did not, so far the army is in control and the reds are being taken apart piece by piece. 

I don't agree that reconciliation means letting criminals go IF YL is found guilty so be it. Plenty of reasons to find her guilty. Chairing the rice comity but never showing up on one meeting. Calling something cost neutral not including it in the central budget and having no clear accounting of the cost. Ignoring the warnings of international organisations like the world bank about the risks. Then worst of all saying there was no corruption while her own top ministers were busy with fake G2G deals. Had she done her job instead of only thinking about getting brother dear home she might not have been in this situation. She cared more for her brother then for the well being of Thailand, now it catches up on her. Negligence is negligence. 

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Careful now, "so far the army is in control and the reds are being taken apart piece by piece. "

Your slip is showing, to coin a phrase, in the "I don't support the Junta" department.

Perhaps I can remind you that the army are acting as the tools of the junta, put in place by military coup which overthrew a democratically elected government, which was in turn was conducting a totally constitutional election. The "reds", who are being "taken apart" are part of that democratic process.

I dislike Thaksin.. so I enjoy the reds being taken apart.. hard to understand ?

Red that are not breaking the law can't be taken apart.. maybe should remind you about that. As long as they don't promote violence it will be ok. Too bad that that is what they do best. Maybe you forgot how their leaders were on stage ?

7 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

He may want trouble to give the Junta an  excuse to stay in power 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.. you sound a lot like those guys that said it would kick off when the king would die. It did not, so far the army is in control and the reds are being taken apart piece by piece. 

I don't agree that reconciliation means letting criminals go IF YL is found guilty so be it. Plenty of reasons to find her guilty. Chairing the rice comity but never showing up on one meeting. Calling something cost neutral not including it in the central budget and having no clear accounting of the cost. Ignoring the warnings of international organisations like the world bank about the risks. Then worst of all saying there was no corruption while her own top ministers were busy with fake G2G deals. Had she done her job instead of only thinking about getting brother dear home she might not have been in this situation. She cared more for her brother then for the well being of Thailand, now it catches up on her. Negligence is negligence. 

Rob, the Russian revolution took about 100 years to gather steam. Napoleon kicked the Russians in 1805 imposing strict covenants on Russia and taking Poland. Not until 1817 when the Russians got their revenge and went to Paris. The main covenant imposed was to send Napoleon to a island. Their economy and system was not touched. The rumblings in the ranks began when the army had to leave a liberal political/economic system in France and return to the Russian run Monarchy.

6 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Rob, the Russian revolution took about 100 years to gather steam. Napoleon kicked the Russians in 1805 imposing strict covenants on Russia and taking Poland. Not until 1817 when the Russians got their revenge and went to Paris. The main covenant imposed was to send Napoleon to a island. Their economy and system was not touched. The rumblings in the ranks began when the army had to leave a liberal political/economic system in France and return to the Russian run Monarchy.

Mate, I get a bit bored of all those red supporters here wanting violence and wanting a bloody revolution. I wonder if they were so willing if they were the first in the ranks. Me i just want the reds stop bombing and killing, they have for now and I am mighty glad. I am also glad the yellows are of the streets. I don't like the army much but i sure like them a lot for keeping the peace and punishing the crimes of the Shins. 

You guys seem to think that the Shins are innocent and a bloody revolution should take place.. it shows by supporting the likes of the red leaders who have incited violence and again are trying to stir things up. I like it that the army stops them from having an other round of violence because that would be bad. I imagine the guy from Dubai would like it.. even more so if he had a few more foot soldier martyrs. I guess you don't mind the violence as your not living in Thailand. I live here.. i prefer peace and quiet. Most of the red supporters here also don't live in BKK i often wonder how they would like it if Chang Mai gets bombed and people get shot there.. the city closed down. I guess when it affects people they think differently. Lot of people here wanting violence as long as it does not touch them. 

So excuse me for liking it when the army prevents bloodshed by taking precautions against those that would incite the footsoldiers. 

Edited by robblok

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Mate, I get a bit bored of all those red supporters here wanting violence and wanting a bloody revolution. I wonder if they were so willing if they were the first in the ranks. Me i just want the reds stop bombing and killing, they have for now and I am mighty glad. I am also glad the yellows are of the streets. I don't like the army much but i sure like them a lot for keeping the peace and punishing the crimes of the Shins. 

You guys seem to think that the Shins are innocent and a bloody revolution should take place.. it shows by supporting the likes of the red leaders who have incited violence and again are trying to stir things up. I like it that the army stops them from having an other round of violence because that would be bad. I imagine the guy from Dubai would like it.. even more so if he had a few more foot soldier martyrs. I guess you don't mind the violence as your not living in Thailand. I live here.. i prefer peace and quiet. Most of the red supporters here also don't live in BKK i often wonder how they would like it if Chang Mai gets bombed and people get shot there.. the city closed down. I guess when it affects people they think differently. Lot of people here wanting violence as long as it does not touch them. 

So excuse me for liking it when the army prevents bloodshed by taking precautions against those that would incite the footsoldiers. 

Why do you believe people should not get angry and react on it in a country where the Red Cross has to feed the elderly. The poor are shat on in Thailand and are the majority, The Shins as you call them corrupt or not did something for the poor at least, not just for themselves. Hence their popularity resulting in 2 military takeovers.I wouldn't expect them to sit back and do FA about it for much longer.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

Sadly, that option unavailable for the majority of Thais.