One dead in knife attack in Hamburg supermarket, motive unclear

rooster59

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

More than a coincidence that Frau Merckel's open-door immigration policy coincided with the Brexit campaign.

Did she consult her EU partners on that,? 

Poland & Hungary, probably others too are refusing to accept these people, Italy & Greece  are seriously peed-off, and have big economic problems anyway.

The thing with the EU  is that countries have accept the bad as well as the good decisions of their EU friends, without any consultation it would seem. In coming years many of the masses that Germany has invited into the EU will have German passports, and full freedom of movement.

If people voted for Brexit due to Merkel saying to Syrian asylum seekers come to Germany for assessment due to breakdown of the Dublin Regulation, they were deluded or misinformed.

Edited by simple1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

At the moment its being reported that he was shouting this religious slogan.

If it turns out that these reports are just " the Right is leading some people into a very dark place" - then I'll be suprised and happy.

Edit - happy, because I like the Pakistanis that moved into the UK decades ago.  They adopted UK 'norms' and worked very hard to become part of our society.

You missed my point - I was talking to the reality facts of an incident often take a while to verify, yet some people immediately allege conspiracy if first reports do not gel with their assumptions.

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You missed my point - I was talking to the reality facts of an incident often take a while to verify, yet some people immediately allege conspiracy if first reports do not gel with their assumptions.

He was muslim. He stabbed innocent people at random whilst shouting "Allahu akhbar". 

To say they don't know the motive sure sounds like conspiracy to me.

20 minutes ago, jesimps said:

He was muslim. He stabbed innocent people at random whilst shouting "Allahu akhbar". 

To say they don't know the motive sure sounds like conspiracy to me.

Enough of this BS from right of centre members. Read the OP, at the time of the first report police didn't even know the number of wounded, details came later - end of and no conspiracy.

4 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

this is islam. tactics 1. tariyya = lying 2. twariya =state the half truth 3. kitmann =say something to make the unbeliever think you share his values 4. murunna = act like an unbeliever.

@simple1 trying to water down the truth as always better humans try to exuse even terror attacks on helpless christian victims.

wbr

roobaa01

I gotta check all that.

But if it's all true, thanks.

The first 3 are a perfect description of trump.

I gotta use it over there. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

If people voted for Brexit due to Merkel saying to Syrian asylum seekers come to Germany for assessment due to breakdown of the Dublin Regulation, they were deluded or misinformed.

I wasn't saying that was the sole reason, just that the timing was 'unfortunate'.

Also probably only around 20% are Syrian, Iots of Bangldeshis, Iranians etc, from nowhere near war-zones, many of the children look rather mature for their years aswell!

We have the same liberal media types telling us how Sweden is having no problems at all with migration either.

Edited by Andrew65

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

What's with you people - the Right is leading some people into a very dark place with all the anti media conspiracy blah, blah - why follow - take a step back and re-read the OP in the context of the immediate aftermath of the murder - to repeat facts do take time to be confirmed, witnesses statements to be checked etc....

The police said the man had suddenly started attacking customers in the shop, with no immediate indication of any political or religious motive. Officers detained him near the site.

"We have no clear information as to the motive or the number of wounded," Hamburg police said in a tweet. "It was definitely a lone attacker." They said initial reports about a possible robbery had not been substantiated.

A Muslim screaming god is great in Arabic and killing people with a knife is taken as a religious motive by all but the most blinkered 

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Enough of this BS from right of centre members. Read the OP, at the time of the first report police didn't even know the number of wounded, details came later - end of and no conspiracy.

It's not about left and right but more about right and wrong, jihad is wrong, allowing more than a million, mostly unchecked Muslims into Germany was wrong, Islam is wrong.

44 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It's not about left and right but more about right and wrong, jihad is wrong, allowing more than a million, mostly unchecked Muslims into Germany was wrong, Islam is wrong.

And I suppose then that leaving a known Muslim radical in a country awaiting deportation for being a known Muslim radical might (perhaps) not be the absolute greatest choice?

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

A Muslim screaming god is great in Arabic and killing people with a knife is taken as a religious motive by all but the most blinkered 

Repeating a comment made by others which I have already answered. Along with some other members on this forum you have made it very clear you're a member of the far right. IMO anyone supporting the politics of the far right / left / Islamists are traitors to our society.

I've twice requested you not to respond to my posts, which  unfortunately I cannot enforce. 

11 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

@simple1   www.n-tv.de quote the  muslim terror attacker was known to German authorities as ISLAMIST , 55555555

wbr

roobaa01

Yep and at least some of the people taking him down were Muslim. Also alleged the guy has known mental health problems, one gets the same impression of some members.

Edited by simple1

10 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Of which there seem to be too many these days.  Political Correctness has become the death of the West as we see more and more of these terrorist attacks on Innocent folks perpetrated by proponents of that Death Cult

U.S. officials are warning coalition partners of 19,000 ISIS fighters on the loose.

This comes a week after a report that Interpol has sent out a list of 173 potential ISIS suicide bombers.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/07/28/man-shouting-allah-akbar-goes-on-stabbing-spree-in-hamburg-supermarket-one-dead/

Edited by Boon Mee

"The attacker ... was also suffering from mental health problems, officials said."

Well that's alright then. Phew! For a moment there I thought we were dealing with another Wahabi inspired attacker.

On the other hand - 

"Police praised the courage of the three men who followed the attacker after video footage emerged of passers-by using chairs as shields to corner the suspect.

Eyewitnesses said that members of the public shouted at the man in Arabic to drop the knife."

Which suggests to me that members of the Islamic community were involved in disarming and capturing the man. You can't tar all Islamists with the same brush. We are dealing with a particular threat from a specific kind of Islamist ideology.

Also, for future reference, should you ever be unfortunate enough to be involved in such an incident, people should note the use of chairs in tackling knife wielding crazies (as recommended by Captain W. E. Fairbairn, trainer of British commandoes in WW2).

fairbairn-29.gif

Edited by nausea
More info.

2 hours ago, nausea said:

"The attacker ... was also suffering from mental health problems, officials said."

Well that's alright then. Phew! For a moment there I thought we were dealing with another Wahabi inspired attacker.

On the other hand - 

"Police praised the courage of the three men who followed the attacker after video footage emerged of passers-by using chairs as shields to corner the suspect.

Eyewitnesses said that members of the public shouted at the man in Arabic to drop the knife."

Which suggests to me that members of the Islamic community were involved in disarming and capturing the man. You can't tar all Islamists with the same brush. We are dealing with a particular threat from a specific kind of Islamist ideology.

Also, for future reference, should you ever be unfortunate enough to be involved in such an incident, people should note the use of chairs in tackling knife wielding crazies (as recommended by Captain W. E. Fairbairn, trainer of British commandoes in WW2).

fairbairn-29.gif

Last I heard, there is no shortage of brushes. OTOH, after you tar them all, won't they stick together even more?

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

it must be tough being the lone voice in the wilderness .

I'm not the only seeking verified facts, but your insinuation is correct, topics often swamped by those from right of centre.

Edited by simple1

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I'm not the only seeking verified facts, but your insinuation is correct, topics often swamped by those from right of centre spewing their bile.

Not their bile ,but their fears , and the way things are going they should be afraid , be very afraid . 

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

Not their bile ,but their fears , and the way things are going they should be afraid , be very afraid . 

Well fear is a  precursor to hate, hate generates bilious commendatory. Afraid??? your choice, not mine.

15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Well fear is a  precursor to hate, hate generates bilious commendatory. Afraid??? your choice, not mine.

Well i am glad you have no fear , but i believe you are married to a Muslim and i am sure she is very nice as i am sure many are , but after working with and amongst them for a long time (not here in Thailand) there are very very few i would trust ,,but hey you have your views ,we have ours .

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Perhaps the Hamburger doing his shopping might still be alive if he kept a wary eye on the muslims around him. Only a small percentage of pit bulls attack people, but I still don't go out of my way to make friends with one, or invite it into the yard to play with my children.

37 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Well i am glad you have no fear , but i believe you are married to a Muslim and i am sure she is very nice as i am sure many are , but after working with and amongst them for a long time (not here in Thailand) there are very very few i would trust ,,but hey you have your views ,we have ours .

Up to your  group of "We" if you want to live in fear, doesn't sound like a good way to live - try studying some Vedic philosophy, you may feel better; here's a starting point for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upanishads

45 minutes ago, halloween said:

Perhaps the Hamburger doing his shopping might still be alive if he kept a wary eye on the muslims around him. Only a small percentage of pit bulls attack people, but I still don't go out of my way to make friends with one, or invite it into the yard to play with my children.

Reported Muslims helped take the killer down, as well as previously tipping off police in changes to his behaviour

Edited by simple1

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Reported Muslims helped take the killer down, as well as previously tipping off police in changes to his behaviour

So what? How do I tell if the next muslim I encounter is a nice law abiding chap or about to slip a knife between my ribs? It's a bit late when he starts screaming some meaningless slogan.

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

So what? How do I tell if the next muslim I encounter is a nice law abiding chap or about to slip a knife between my ribs? It's a bit late when he starts screaming some meaningless slogan.

Well sounds as though you're going to have to lead a fear filled paranoid life, as often not obvious some are Muslim. So don't go out - be happy!

15 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Well sounds as though you're going to have to lead a fear filled paranoid life, as often not obvious some are Muslim. So don't go out - be happy!

I am wary of stray dogs too, it doesn't bother me that much. The question is why should I invite more of those I should be wary of into my country, when those already invited, along with those who pushed their way in, are already causing the trouble in the OP?

BTW hope you realise that terrorists can't tell, or even care, if the infidels they kill are PC sympathisers.

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Good point.  General fear against sectors of society frequently results in hatred against all in that sector of society :sad:.

It doesn't help though when the authorities try to hide the truth - as it only results in more paranoia against said sectors and confirmation that the authorities/media cannot be trusted to tell the truth.