Your Partner

ajarnmark

Your Partner  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious to know about the origin of the partners. It includes male, female or same sex partner.

I always wonder that why most of us choose partners from Isaan. I personally do not like the attitudes of the people from Isaan (please do not bash me, as this is just me). Though, I see no reason that why should not a person choose a partner from Isaan. :D

I have never had a partner from Isaan (I mean gf). However, I do respect your choice and just curious to know the origin of your partner.

No, I am not a troll, just a curious little guy. :D

Just edited due to a grammar error and to put one more choice to satisfy the souls of those who want a precise location of their wives. :o

Edited by ajarnmark

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious to know about the origin of the partners. It includes male, female or same sex partner.

I always wonder that why most of us choose partners from Isaan. I personally do not like the attitudes of the people from Isaan (please do not bash me, as this is just me). Though, I see no reason that why should not a person choose a partner from Isaan. :D

I have never had a partner from Isaan (I mean gf). However, I do respect your choice and just curious to know the origin of your partner.

No, I not a troll, just a curious little guy. :o

hmm , did you forget central Thailand ?

Don't you think that central part is mainly referred to as Bangkok. However, its just a broad approximation where Central Thailand is referred to as Bangkok.

Don't you think that central part is mainly referred to as Bangkok. However, its just a broad approximation where Central Thailand is referred to as Bangkok.

well i am 240 km north from bangkok but it isn't part of the north either....so it is not Bangkok and it is not the north....i guess the same can be said for those from Kanchanaburi , Ayuddhya, Uthai Thani....

My GF (fiance) is from the UK as, am I.

It comes as a surprise to most that know me on TV, that my GF is UK. In the 10 years I have been travelling SEA, I've never been attracted to Thai women. Maybe one or two I've liked the look of but, I don't know, just not for me.

I kind of dig the fact that I have never been here for the girls. :o

redrus

It comes as a surprise to most that know me on TV, that my GF is UK. In the 10 years I have been travelling SEA, I've never been attracted to Thai women. Maybe one or two I've liked the look of but, I don't know, just not for me.

I kind of dig the fact that I have never been here for the girls. :D

redrus

So a Brit for a Brit. :o

Is this the real reason or the grapes are sour? :D

No offense intended though, just a quickie on your post. :D

I kind of dig the fact that I have never been here for the girls. :D

redrus

So a Brit for a Brit. :o

Is this the real reason or the grapes are sour? :D

No offense intended though, just a quickie on your post. :bah:

LOL, no worries fella.

My girls a diamond, she puts up with the loon that is me and, when I say loon....! :D

redrus

*edit; What the f**ks going on with the voting. Its obvious what I voted (your own country) now there's no votes next to it....! :D

Edited by redrus

My husband's from Isaan, but been living in Bangkok from 13 to 21 and in Chiang Mai from 21 to 35 so I guess it doesn't really count.

But he's lovely. And I know a lot of people from Isaan, most of my thai friends are from Sakhorn Nakhon and around, and I don't really understand what do you mean by "attitude"... care to explain...?

And I don't think we really CHOOSE partners from Isaan... do we...? Well except for his large face and tiny nose, I could have never guessed my husband was from Isaan, hehe.

Edited by SkyWeung

well, hot darn dere bessy mae... i voted other plaiace in da uniberse, an' iss about 3 feet down from mah chin...

heheheheheheheh!.

Cut down on the Jamaican Woodbines you fruitloop.....!!!!! :o

redrus

No, I am not a troll, just a curious little guy. :D

Just edited due to a grammar error and to put one more choice to satisfy the souls of those who want a precise location of their wives. :o

Ajarnmark, I take it from your name that you are a teacher.....

I won't bash you for being narrow minded, but I hope you don't teach English grammer to your students!

I always wonder that why most of us choose partners from Isaan.

Actually I never chose my partner. We met and fell in love.

I met her outside Thailand, luckily because I had been to Thailand once previously and was not impressed at all, if it had not been for my wife I would not have come back.

So I didn't choose my partner because she is from Issan, or even because she is Thai and infact she was born in Udon Thani but lived in South East Thailand since she was a little kid, so I guess to be correct whilst she has Laos blood she is not Issan by culture.

Now I am confused, letys just call her 'er indoors and be done with the race thing :o

well, i love isaan people as they are very fun-loving and lighthearted, but in many years of hanging out with them i have come to see that they are very cunning and greedy as well. i had an isaan boyfriend before and i would never date one again. he was very stuck in his superstitious and narrow minded ways and averse to improving his life in any way other than sponging off of and scamming others. his family and friends were the same. i don't think northeasterners' reputations spring out of nowhere- look at the numbers of isaan girls who take the easy way out and become prostitutes. that said, they are nice people, at least on the surface. i have been living in the south now for a couple of years and though southerners are not as much fun, they are much more straightforward, they seem more open-minded, and they are hard workers (except the spoiled rich ones who lord over everyone else but that's in all of thailand). i am dating a southern guy now and my friends are all southern and i find them much more genuine that northern thais.

here is an old post of mine that I thought needed to be posted again....a tribute to all lovely Isaan women

When reading this post, I found myself contemplating why I love my Thai wife so much, and why she is so different from the many women in my past.I believe it is her faith..and upbringing that have endeared me to her most.She grew up in Isaan, the daughter of a rice farmer.She had no toys. She brought cold water to the house from a communal pump in her village.She crawled through chicken s@#t every morning to get the single egg she was allowed to take to school with her for lunch.She watched with a childs eyes, her mother weeping openly when asked why they came to reposess the refrigerator.She worked in the fields enduring scorpian bites, and told to use the other hand to pick..when her bitten hand swelled until useless.She polished the floors of her shack of a home..by rubbing the husk of a coconut endlessly over the wooden boards.When finally getting on a bus to Bangkok and searching for a job, she walked five miles every morning and evening rather than borrow the 3 bhat needed for the bus...she would wait until she got her first paycheck. She endured all these things thanking the Lord Buddha daily for her blessings.

My wife appreciates everything. Things I have always taken for granted are now apparent to me. She has opened my eyes to a new world.

I have never met a more brutally honest woman...and have no doubts about her feelings for me.

I thank the Lord as well..for having met her.

Edited by pumpuiman