webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

Only slightly connected to the topic: I remember reading that over 70s passengers are given preferential treatment at Emigration but do not know how to avail myself of this service.  Any assistance please?

EMigration or IMMigration?

Just now, bluesofa said:

"Emigration" I'm guessing the poster is referring to when leaving the country.

Quite right bluesofa.  I've lived in Thailand for over 12 years.  I found out recently that I've been eligible for priority service for the last 4 years.

"...new scheme to allow them to use automatic passport scanners currently reserved for Thai nationals".

How will they indicate the number of days you are permitted to stay, and the last day for you to depart from Thailand?

And for travellers with 'O' and 'B' visas?

Excellent, always use Nationalities with the least arrivals. It was a long time ago that I got passed on checkpoint within 1 minute. Every time it takes up to 4 minutes, especially at Phuket airport. Waiting time of 30 minutes is just a dream in high season, it's more like around 1-2 hours.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

And they even don't ask you about your yearly income.

But in Singapore they only needed my fingerprint when i left the country, not when i came in. The officer also couldn't explain why that was.

Same thing happen to me in Malaysia a few months ago !  They took my fingerprint only when I departed the country.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:04 AM, YetAnother said:

just means people will have longer time at baggage carousels

Up until the past 6-12 months, I'd have agreed with you.  But recent waits of up to 2 hours in the queue lead me to predict the next crime wave at Swampy when baddies start filching bags off the carousel knowing the owner won't even know it's missing until the thief is almost in Pattaya.

Something else for (some) visitors to enjoy while on holiday in the kingdom ?

Mind you, to save twenty minutes, or so, the time spent pre registering might not be a worthwhile investment, but here's a thought, that might benefit everyone... open more counters

these automated immigration officers will be staffed by two or three girls forever, and they will have to deal with annoying Chinese tourists, whilst having no slap down powers.... I do not envy them their new jobs

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

It's so they don't let a wanted criminal out. 

No point scanning your fingerprints on the way in, they are not privy to those records in other countries. 

Cambodia scans fingerprints on the way in, but that's... er... Cambodia. 

I figured it was to catch you if you left prints behind robbing a bank or something while you're visiting- you know- to fund your stay.

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

(sarcasm mode ON)

At least you can't look at a machine the 'wrong way', or have the wrong attitude - unless they've managed to program that in too?

(sarcasm mode OFF)

It would  help also if they could have a "miserable as  sin" and various other non welcoming faces programmed in.

Last night I flew in from Sri Lanka and the immigration man's face was   so miserable, I don't  think he  even looked at me and he was only  young.

I mustn't complain as I haven't waited in a queue there for years as I use Business Class and get the fast track.

The whole system need to be changed, just copy Singapore's or Malaysia's.

At least it is a step in thr right direction but youre right. AOT need to visit Changi and see for themselves they are in the dark ages given the tourist footfall. Apparently T4 opening this year will have automated check in booths, using face detection and bag tagging printers. Always a step ahead.