Getting a true professional girl a US Visa

I have a lady I want to take to the US for 2 weeks.

She owns a house in her name , a car, a dog:), her family is here, and she has had a Thai government job for 7 years.

I have no doubt she would go with me, and return.

But I have several friends who have Thai GF's who cannot get Visa's.  One of them his GF is an attorney who makes good money owns a condo and drives a MBZ.  Denied by US embassy.

Any positive stories or advice on this?  It seems every Farang I have spoken too say their ladies have been denied.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

Approach always as her applying for a tourist visa. Never mention you being a boyfriend and she should never mention you in any dealings with Immigration. They should believe she is a well to do. working Thai looking to see some tourist spots in the USA nothing more.  Make a list of tourist spots she wants to see, likely near to whatever port she is flying into and you will have better luck.

The above advice is correct. I will add, if you can not keep your relationship a secret from the embassy staff for some reason, then you need to go completely the other way and let them know she is totally devoted to you and she will return because you will return.  It is crucial that you invest time and effort documenting *YOUR* reasons for returning to Thailand, and include this in her application. This may be difficult if you haven't been here long, or if you don't have a good job. If they know she has an American boyfriend/fiance, they will assume that you are trying to bypass the K1 visa process. It then becomes your job to make sure they know this is not your intention, and that you will be coming back to Thailand.

So, the best option is as above: hide your relationship completely. If you can not do that, then the next best thing is to make sure they know you are her main social reason for returning to Thailand, use those words, and then prove to them that you will be returning to Thailand. You will never have an opportunity to speak with them, so you need to advance your arguments in a written letter and include it in her application.

Many Thai girls I know have been granted tourist visas to the USA to visit with their boyfriends, so it is possible. But you have to overcome the assumption that you are going to get married and stay there.