Reapplying For Non-imm O After July04

Thus far I have had pleasant experiences with my travel toThailand. Earlier this year I had a visa extension. In February I applied for a one year Non-Imm O Visa with Mult Entries from the LA Consulate to see my wife(Spouse Criteria). This route required the minimum of papers and 9 days later I had the lovely visa stamp. It expires at the end of Febr05.

My retirement will not commence for six years and this Visa suits my circumstances best.

Will the new conditions of July04 preclude me from reapplying for this type of visa using the Spouse criteria?

Nothing has appeared that would preclude this type of visa, but, it has already become very difficult to obtain in countries near Thailand and there could be added requirements put in place at some time in the future. If you are using visa for normal trips and staying out of Thailand for periods it should not be a problem but if you are living here full time you could be asked to explain how you manage to live at some point during visa runs. But it also appears this will not be a problem if you can offer proof of income from abroad that you are using for support so they might also ask for a bank account with deposit as with visa extensions at some point.

So, in sum, sorry don't know for sure, for sure. :o

Thus far I have had pleasant experiences with my travel toThailand.  Earlier this year I had a visa extension.  In  February I applied for a one year Non-Imm O Visa with Mult Entries from the LA Consulate to see my wife(Spouse Criteria).  This route required the minimum of papers and 9 days later I had the lovely visa stamp.  It expires at the end of Febr05.

My retirement will not commence for six years and this Visa suits my circumstances best.

Will the new conditions of July04 preclude me from reapplying for this type of visa using the Spouse criteria?

While you continue to travel in and out of Thailand and remain married you should have no problems gettiing multiple Non-immigrant visa's in the USA or other western countries. ( as long as it doesn't look as though you are living in Thailand and avoiding the income / savings requirements for a one year extended visa )

As far as I can see, the only change on the 4th July is you need more money to extend a Non-Imm O-A (married) visa.

Everything else is the same.

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing has appeared that would preclude this type of visa, [I]but, it has already become very difficult to obtain in countries near Thailand and there could[/i] be added requirements put in place at some time in the future. If you are using visa for normal trips and staying out of Thailand for periods it should not be a problem but if you are living here full time you could be asked to explain how you manage to live at some point during visa runs. But it also appears this will not be a problem if you can offer proof of income from abroad that you are using for support so they might also ask for a bank account with deposit as with visa extensions at some point.

So, in sum, sorry don't know for sure, for sure.

Lopburi can you post details of this statement please: but, it has already become very difficult to obtain in countries near Thailand and there could[/i][/i] be added requirements put in place at some time in the future.

Lopburi can you post details of this statement please: but, it has already become very difficult to obtain in countries near Thailand and there could[/i][/i] be added requirements put in place at some time in the future.

This visa seems to be designed for the person with foreign employment and living outside of Thailand so that they can make family visits, some would be coming back every few day/weeks and others a few times a year. Some Consulates in the immediate area now give single entry type and advise person to extend stay if they are going to remain in the country, and some have been reported to request bank book to issue a multi entry. Believe at some point this will probably become normal practice - but as with most things in this field we have to make a best guess at the future. My guess is that there will be a bank deposit requirement at some point if this visa is found to be popular among those working without permits.