Etihad Airways says assisting Australian police with plane attack probe

webfact

Etihad Airways says assisting Australian police with plane attack probe

tag-reuters.jpg

FILE PHOTO: A plane of Etihad Airways company is seen at Minsk international airport near the village of Slabada, Belarus, May 19, 2016. REUTERS/Vasily Fedosenko/File Photo

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways said on Tuesday it was helping Australian Federal Police with an investigation into an alleged plot to bring down a plane.

The disclosure comes after four men were arrested at the weekend in raids conducted across several Sydney suburbs.

"The Etihad Airways aviation security team is assisting the Australian Federal Police with its investigation and the matter is ongoing," the Etihad statement said.

Police have not named which airline was allegedly targeted, nor the specific means that were to be used to take it down.

(Reporting by Jonathan Barrett; Editing by Himani Sarkar)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-08-01

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Revenge attack for the boycotts on Qatar?

A member off the arrested family is friends with some Etihad staff. So far he hasn't been been arrested or charged with involvement in the plot, but would assume background security checks as others in the families have involvement with ISIS i.e. alleged two sons from the families with ISIS in Syria.

Edited by simple1

Arrived at Swampy from Sydney at 1 am this morning. Security no different/worse at SYD.

Only drama was two older Aussies in the Thai national line (I was there with the wife) stuffing around for 15 minutes. Then they left only to reappear 10 minutes later (and slipping in from the no go baggage receival area back to the same  I/O) explaining that they shouldn't be in Thailand as they only got off the plane to stretch their legs on the way to Dubai! Another I/O was called and presumabyl they were sent on their way.

By the way....no ATMs from C7 to immigration....I made a point to check