800k but not from overseas

Hi I have a query regarding the 800k required for non imm status.

I transferred 800k from overseas a few yrs ago to my Thai bank.I later opened a second Thai bank and transferred the 800k in here.

Ubonjoe told me that immigration require that the money come from overseas.

Can I get a letter from the second Thai bank to state that even though the 800 k came from another Thai bank,its original source came from overseas?

Any assistance would be appreciated.Thanks.

It is only needed for applying for a non immigrant visa (category O) at immigration. It is not required to get an  extension of stay.

If apply for a if you could show proof it has been in the bank for a significant amount of time it will be accepted at some immigration offices.

Do you still have the bank book that you originally transferred the funds into? 

Yes I have the bank book where the original money came from.This bank book also shows money from a school where I worked(without work permit) hence the reason I opened the second bank account which would only have the 800 k in it.

16 minutes ago, billypla said:

Yes I have the bank book where the original money came from.This bank book also shows money from a school where I worked(without work permit) hence the reason I opened the second bank account which would only have the 800 k in it.

The would not know where the transfers done here came from or even care.

I applied for my original Non-Immigrant Visa Category O with 800K in a time deposit account in Bangkok bank and they never asked for the money to have come from abroad. They were fully aware that my money was from investments here in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coppywriter said:

My original transfer was into one Thai bank, then a few years later I moved it to Bangkok Bank, never any problems with extensions.

The discussion is about applying for a non immigrant visa at immigration not an extension of stay.

I have renewed my extension of stay based on retirement for some 10 years now, and never had any questions about origination of my fixed 800k baht deposit. I have moved banks several times, due to best interest campaign. I'm renewing in one of the more strict Immigrations, but the only thing they care about is maturing period, and proof of fund (bank statement, confirmation letter, original bankbook, copy).

To my knowledge no documentation for, from where money originates is needed; in principle the funds can be fully legal dividends and gain from Thai investments...:smile:

Just now, khunPer said:

I have renewed my extension of stay based on retirement for some 10 years now, and never had any questions about origination of my fixed 800k baht deposit.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The discussion is about applying for a non immigrant visa at immigration not an extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, free123 said:

how about if the money remains ovetsee... 

For an extension the money has to be in a Thai bank for the requisite time, it does not have to be in Baht

it can be the equivalent amount in a Foreign Currency Deposit account but it has to be in a Thai bank.