How does one invest in the new Bitcoin Cash BCC?

ghworker2010

I've been watching the bitcoin price to see if it would crash after 1st Aug. This is when the fork in the chain happened. Coinbase are not supporting the new Bitcoin cash. Does anyone know how to invest in BCC?

http://fortune.com/2017/08/01/bitcoins-new-currency-trades-above-200-on-first-day/

You can't believe everything you read online but this journo writes the following:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/31/bitcoin-to-surge-nearly-80-percent-to-5000-standpoints-moas-predicts.html

This analyst could have his head up his ...ss and thus might be completely wrong. But what if he is right.....

Thanks

I hope you take no offense, because no offense is meant, but if you need to ask that question,  then perhaps you should not be investing in crypto currencies.  Currently btc-cash ( ticker BTH (for the most part))  is traded on many major exchanges, bittrex, kraken, bitfinex.   You can see a list of markets at https://coinmarketcap.com/ ( general information )  

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/   coin specific info

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/#markets  markets

currently in alphabetical order:
BTER
Bitcoin Indonesia
Bitfinex
Bittrex
CoinExchange
Coinfloor
Cryptopia
HitBTC
Kraken
Liqui
Novaexchange
Quoine
Stocks.Exchange
The Rock Trading
ViaBTC
YoBit

I really know nothing about Bit Coin but one fact I read recently I thought was astonnishing.

If one had purchased 5 dollars worth of bitcoins 7 years ago, they would be worth about 4.4 MD (4.400,000 million dollars) today.

Seemingly they have increased in value by 800,000 times ?????

32 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I really know nothing about Bit Coin but one fact I read recently I thought was astonnishing.

If one had purchased 5 dollars worth of bitcoins 7 years ago, they would be worth about 4.4 MD (4.400,000 million dollars) today.

No, their value is still zero just as it always has been. What has increased is the prices that some daft people are prepared to pay for them.

'How does one invest in the new Bitcoin'

very carefully from what i read.

bitcoin was spruked at double the value of an ounce of gold yet no one spruking it could tell me they knew of anyone who had cashed in.

my point is, something digital becomes worth double the value of an ounce of gold, i would prefer 2 ozs of thai gold that i can fondle rather than a digital mystery that can disappear over night

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

The first bitcoins I bought were $3

But that was in 2011, as early as 2009-2010 you could get them for pennies 

It is the future,whether you care to embrace it or not

4200k+ Thai traders online right now on https://bx.in.th

$5k is a given by the end of the year, it's the 2018 or 2020 that's exciting! 

Even Bill gates says its unstoppable... But on Thaivisa the resident  "experts" know more about technology adoption him lol

Edited by speedtripler

4 hours ago, chingching said:

I hope you take no offense, because no offense is meant, but if you need to ask that question,  then perhaps you should not be investing in crypto currencies.  Currently btc-cash ( ticker BTH (for the most part))  is traded on many major exchanges, bittrex, kraken, bitfinex.

'Traded' ?? 

I thought that BTC cash was still labouring under a block size issue taking many hours for transactions.. Hence there is a price, but not a real liquid market.. 

46 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

'Traded' ?? 

I thought that BTC cash was still labouring under a block size issue taking many hours for transactions.. Hence there is a price, but not a real liquid market.. 

Going to any of those 20 exchanges I listed beforehand, you would have seen that Btc-cash is indeed "traded" typically for bitcoin, dollar, or ethereum.  In dollar terms trading in btc-cash is about 16.99% of the total volume in crypto currencies.  Bitcoin is roughly 38% and ethereum 20%.  So the other 800 or so are 25%.   - AT THIS MOMENT

Edited by chingching
Clarification

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/02/<deleted>-is-bitcoin-cash-and-is-it-worth-anything/

But here’s the thing — it’s currently really hard to sell bitcoin cash. While some exchanges have added the new currency for trading, liquidity is super low, which is why some say the price is being artificially inflated. Because most exchanges aren’t accepting deposits yet, the only bitcoin cash available to trade is currency that was credited by exchanges after the fork. Users holding bitcoin cash outside of exchanges, or in exchanges that don’t support trading, are stuck waiting.

By the way, if you’re wondering why exchanges aren’t accepting deposits of bitcoin cash, it’s because it’s nearly impossible to send bitcoin cash over the blockchain right now. This is because the newly forked blockchain hasn’t yet adjusted its difficulty, which happens automatically every 2016 blocks. So it’s taking way too long to mine blocks and confirm transactions. For reference, one block today took 10 hours to mine, compared to the 10 minutes it should. Most exchanges require 6 or 7 block confirmations before they credit a deposit, so you can see how it’s basically impossible to move around bitcoin cash.

So techcrunch is wrong and its not taking 60 - 70 hours for a transaction (6 blocks at 10 hours per block ?). 

10 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/02/<deleted>-is-bitcoin-cash-and-is-it-worth-anything/

So techcrunch is wrong and its not taking 60 - 70 hours for a transaction (6 blocks at 10 hours per block ?). 

To get up to date news better go here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/

Mainstream media takes a while to catch up

16 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

'Traded' ?? 

There are ATMs where you can get liquid.

https://coinatmradar.com/country/38/bitcoin-atm-canada/

https://coinatmradar.com/country/226/bitcoin-atm-united-states/

On 8/3/2017 at 7:55 AM, chingching said:

I hope you take no offense, because no offense is meant, but if you need to ask that question,  then perhaps you should not be investing in crypto currencies.  Currently btc-cash ( ticker BTH (for the most part))  is traded on many major exchanges, bittrex, kraken, bitfinex.   You can see a list of markets at https://coinmarketcap.com/ ( general information )  

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/   coin specific info

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/#markets  markets

currently in alphabetical order:
BTER
Bitcoin Indonesia
Bitfinex
Bittrex
CoinExchange
Coinfloor
Cryptopia
HitBTC
Kraken
Liqui
Novaexchange
Quoine
Stocks.Exchange
The Rock Trading
ViaBTC
YoBit

Your reply is somewhat patronizing and borderline vague. After reading your answer I thought that you actually don't know much about it yourself but your good at copying and pasting links. The reason for this thread is bc I read somewhere that the new Bitcoin cash (created by the fork) can only be traded on the futures markets. 

To make the question more specific can you provide me with a website where I can buy Bitcoin cash (i.e. an exchange). Obviously coinbase will not provide this functionality on their systems until the 1st Jan next year. 

I would be grateful if you can provide me with the information I require. Im a non U.S citizen and thus don't have access to the above I think. 

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Hopefully you will have the opportunity to also grow old......maybe you will not.

You will find a lot of the now grandpas grew up in an era where there was no internet, no computers, no mobile phones not even a colour television!!................ SO THEY INVENTED THE F@@KING THINGS.

What will your generations contribution be?

Please tell us what part you had in inventing these. I am dying to hear this. 

You were probably also around during the Hitler days too grandpa. Gunna take credit for that too?

2 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

The beauty of being old young man is to read your post and realise we were plonkers at 20 also.:stoner:

Well im glad you enjoy being old. 

Most people would do anything to be young like me again. 

Enjoy the golden years gramps. Ill enjoy my youth and dread the day I get old. 

19 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

No one has answered the question yet.... Where can one buy the new Bitcoin Cash instrument created by the fork on 1st August. Or is everyone as clueless about this as me?

Someone already posted a list yesterday..... 

But I'll help you since it's so hard to Google something thesedays..... :passifier:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/#markets

48 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

No one has answered the question yet.... Where can one buy the new Bitcoin Cash instrument created by the fork on 1st August. Or is everyone as clueless about this as me?

Check Reddit. They have many subs that will help a lot more then the geezers on here 

17 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

words from a crazy old guy sitting on a bar stool in pattaya. Take your lovely girl on a walk down 'walking street'. cool off mr sensitive. don't lose your manners with the esteemed members of this forum. ha ha

No. He speaks the truth. If you can't figure out how to go to a website and buy bitcoin cash, then you should stay away. Because that's the easy part of it all. If you can't do that, then stop now. 

Do you even know how to receive it? Store it? Send it?

do you have any bitcoin experience?

5 hours ago, chingching said:

What evidence/proof do you have that bx.in.th is manipulating the market?

It's not a case of bx.in.th manipulating the market.  It's the collusion by a large number of Thai' "blocking" prices (submitting  buy/sell orders of 100's of "coins" per buy/sell order (Ethereum) in a very narrow price band), planning it out using the bx.in.th "chat".  Then cancelling all large orders on schedule.  It is what it is, but I was trying to find some English speaking folks that might have some insight.  The "game" has cooled down somewhat since Saturday...cheers

Edited by CanuckThai
penmanship

1 hour ago, CanuckThai said:

It's not a case of bx.in.th manipulating the market.  It's the collusion by a large number of Thai' "blocking" prices (submitting  buy/sell orders of 100's of "coins" per buy/sell order (Ethereum) in a very narrow price band), planning it out using the bx.in.th "chat".  Then cancelling all large orders on schedule.  It is what it is, but I was trying to find some English speaking folks that might have some insight.  The "game" has cooled down somewhat since Saturday...cheers

This happens on all trading platforms... 

Some people and exchanges  even run bots who will try to push you in a certain direction, whether you are trying to buy a bunch of coins or sell them they will  be trying  to  make you sell cheaper or buy higher

It happens in regular markets too but it's easy to see in a market as small as bx.in.th 

You can use market orders rather than limit if you need it executed immediately, (this is good when you think the price is going to rise so overpaying by a few pennies is nothing compared to the profit you will make on the rise) 

Edited by speedtripler

In 2010 someone offered 10,000 bitcoin for $50 on an auction and there was no buyer.

In 2017 that would worth over $32 million.

I have missed the boat to buy at $1 = 1 bitcoin for $50-100 play money.

Today no way I would buy at over $3200/ bitcoin.

Bitcoin could go up more to $10,000 or even $100,000, but could go down to 0.

It is banned in most countries and it is only question of time when US or the EU lawmakers will it ban.

As more and more criminals use it for money laundering, illegal purchases and crimes, it will get more scrutiny.

Now US and EU LE like to raid illegal market places, arrest buyers/sellers and seize all cryptocurrencies and auction them fast for CASH.

Bitcoin transactions are final, can not be reserved, so buyers of products and services have no recourse if paid with bitcoin. Sellers have the upper hand in transactions.

There are many scam sellers, many scam exchanges, even legal exchanges went rogue in the past to steal customers bitcoins.

I would only use legal ATM's in the US or Canada to buy or sell them.

Added problem is to safeguard them. Computers, mobile phones can be lost, stolen, destroyed, hacked.

Cryptocurrency wallets also can be hacked.

Good luck going to police and file report if missing, stolen bitcoins. They will not do anything.

People who started with mining, started early exchanges and invested in it when it was sold for pennies, can cash in now and live happily.

Certainly at the end there will be a lot of people who will lose a LOT on cryptocurrencies.

People don't trust banks and bankers, but can not trust bitcoin traders as well. 

Many early adopters got convicted of various crimes related to crypto currencies.

Greed get the most out of people.

2 hours ago, sinnus99 said:

In 2010 someone offered 10,000 bitcoin for $50 on an auction and there was no buyer.

In 2017 that would worth over $32 million.

I have missed the boat to buy at $1 = 1 bitcoin for $50-100 play money.

Today no way I would buy at over $3200/ bitcoin.

Bitcoin could go up more to $10,000 or even $100,000, but could go down to 0.

It is banned in most countries and it is only question of time when US or the EU lawmakers will it ban.

As more and more criminals use it for money laundering, illegal purchases and crimes, it will get more scrutiny.

Now US and EU LE like to raid illegal market places, arrest buyers/sellers and seize all cryptocurrencies and auction them fast for CASH.

Bitcoin transactions are final, can not be reserved, so buyers of products and services have no recourse if paid with bitcoin. Sellers have the upper hand in transactions.

There are many scam sellers, many scam exchanges, even legal exchanges went rogue in the past to steal customers bitcoins.

I would only use legal ATM's in the US or Canada to buy or sell them.

Added problem is to safeguard them. Computers, mobile phones can be lost, stolen, destroyed, hacked.

Cryptocurrency wallets also can be hacked.

Good luck going to police and file report if missing, stolen bitcoins. They will not do anything.

People who started with mining, started early exchanges and invested in it when it was sold for pennies, can cash in now and live happily.

Certainly at the end there will be a lot of people who will lose a LOT on cryptocurrencies.

People don't trust banks and bankers, but can not trust bitcoin traders as well. 

Many early adopters got convicted of various crimes related to crypto currencies.

Greed get the most out of people.

Banned in most countries!?? .... Nuff said 

Taxi.... :post-4641-1156694572:

On 8/10/2017 at 1:50 PM, speedtripler said:

Banned in most countries!?? .... Nuff said 

Taxi.... :post-4641-1156694572:

Most countries have similar view as Thailand. 

Bank of Thailand declared bitcoin illegal in 2013, but some bitcoin companies have been able to obtain business licenses.One startup denied a business license was reportedly told that "buying and selling bitcoins, using bitcoins to buy or sell goods and services, and transferring bitcoins in and out of Thailand were all currently illegal."

Bank of Thailand suggested that bitcoin is not illegal but warned against its use in 2016.

Only around 10 countries in the world are bitcoin friendly, others regulate it more and more and restrict/discourage its use. Even if some countries not ban it outright, in how many countries you can buy and sell it locally, legally, in person? 

22 hours ago, sinnus99 said:

Most countries have similar view as Thailand. 

Bank of Thailand declared bitcoin illegal in 2013, but some bitcoin companies have been able to obtain business licenses.One startup denied a business license was reportedly told that "buying and selling bitcoins, using bitcoins to buy or sell goods and services, and transferring bitcoins in and out of Thailand were all currently illegal."

Bank of Thailand suggested that bitcoin is not illegal but warned against its use in 2016.

Only around 10 countries in the world are bitcoin friendly, others regulate it more and more and restrict/discourage its use. Even if some countries not ban it outright, in how many countries you can buy and sell it locally, legally, in person? 

More Nonsense :smile:

Don't tell us about fake news   2013

Give us the global stats TODAY or stop posting your nonsense...