TM28 - is it necessary ?

I moved house ( and province) a few days ago and went to the immigration ( Ayutthaya ) to present TM30 and TM28.

TM 30 went okay, I had all the right docs: copies of passport, house masters blue book and id, got receipt stapled in passport.

The TM28: she said, bring back on 90 days report.

My next 90 day is 19 September but I tried to explain that I will likely go out of the country this month and again in mid October for a month.

So, my next 90 day report at the earliest will be mid to late Feb, 7 months from now.

So my question is:

Is the TM28 going out of fashion and they're relying more on TM30 for foreigners residence address, or should I go to immigration and try and file TM28 in a couple of weeks or so ??

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So my question is:

Is the TM28 going out of fashion and they're relying more on TM30 for foreigners residence address, or should I go to immigration and try and file TM28 in a couple of weeks or so ??

Many offices are wanting a TM30 form instead of a TM28 or at least consider them equal to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manchega said:

My feeling is it is just easier to leave the country more regularly.

I think if more members did this, not only would their immigration 'worries' be much diminished, their overall demeanor would probably also improve.

• 2 weeks later...