9 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

You can file by mail. Here is the website for the Tricare Overseas Program

https://www.tricare-overseas.com/

Get the claim form DD Form 2642    DD2642

Mail to:

TRICARE Overseas Program
P.O. Box 7985
Madison, WI 53707-7985

Scan the required documents and you can email them.  Easier & relieves you of the necessity to maintain a hardcopy record (you have the scan on file).  A scanner only cost me about 2,500 Baht 5 years ago.

7 hours ago, OneZero said:

Scan the required documents and you can email them.  Easier & relieves you of the necessity to maintain a hardcopy record (you have the scan on file).  A scanner only cost me about 2,500 Baht 5 years ago.

You can also use the website below and submit/upload the necessary forms online (DD 2642 and hospital paperwork).  I have been submitting online since 2019.  I started using Microsoft Edge because I was having trouble submitting the forms using Chrome.  There are other apps you can use but I use the Cam Scanner app to create a pdf of the hospital paperwork (it's free for 3-5 scans per month)... the DD 2642 can be downloaded from the website below and saved to your desktop.

Home (tricare-overseas.com)

I typically get reimbursed after 30ish days of submitting online. 

A few lessons learned:

- the hospital paperwork needs to be in English

- the DD 2642 will need to be digitally signed (you can Google how to add a digital signature).  If you submit claims for your spouse, you can set up a digital signature for them also.

- Hospital paperwork: medical certificate, summary statement of expenses (doctor's fee), itemized receipt (list of charges), and the credit card receipt

- Using the Cam Scanner app, you don't need to create a different file for each piece of paperwork.  You can take a pic of the first document, then click the "Add" icon until you finish. 

- Recommend saving the DD2642 (ex. DD2642_(your last name)_3 Oct 2024); and the hospital paper work (ex. (your last name)_3 Oct 2024_appt).  This naming convention helps me keep track to the different claims.

- I save a "blank" DD2642 on my desktop but pre-populate the name, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.  Then you will only need to fill in the description of illness/injury, etc. then digitally sign it.

If anyone needs specific steps to submit a claim on the Tricare Overseas link, you can send me a message....I've had to learn the hard way 🙂 

Edited by howlee101