rooster59

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Happy enough said:

That's unfair. I can't speak for all the educational institutions but I work in the pharmaceutical industry and can vouch that the university's here are good places to study

in this sector. There's plenty of Thais educated here working in the largest pharma companies in the world. You can enjoy your Thai bashing but you're wrong in your judgement as far as I'm concerned 

All I know is a degree in Thailand is not even recognised in my country. My Thai wife had 2 degrees from a Bangkok University and no one would recognise them stating she had to do a Masters Degree in my country to get anywhere.

It was not Thai bashing. Just stating the facts as I know them. My country is Australia.

Edited by Toshiba66

On 5 August 2017 at 8:13 AM, InMyShadow said:

Another country that sees the junta as legit or they wouldn't be here shaking hands.

I say leave the junta to continue the clean up because in a new election they will still hold puppet power and if there is a threat they will simply roll in with tanks again

its hilarious to read farang posts begging for democracy..how naive can you guys possibly get????

They see a chance to deals, maybe sell off a few outdated weapons etc. Legit does not come in to it where trade is concerned.

Clean up, look like the new broom is not working so well.

2 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

All I know is a degree in Thailand is not even recognised in my country. My Thai wife had 2 degrees from a Bangkok University and no one would recognise them stating she had to do a Masters Degree in my country to get anywhere.

It was not Thai bashing. Just stating the facts as I know them. My country is Australia.

thammasat and chula are good uni's. there are people working for gsk and Pfizer in your country on the back of those degrees. my mrs went to uttc and to be fair it wasn't great for abroad but some are

a degree from Thailand isn't recognised in Australia? that's not true mate. I can prove it if I must

my mrs had to do masters at surrey university also. I think because she studied business at utcc and its not a great degree. had she chosen a science degree at a better uni she wouldn't have needed to do her masters. but there are degrees in Thailand that are recognised in oz

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Most Thais that work in 7/11 have degrees.

Not worth the paper they are written on.

An ashtray on a motorcycle is more useful. 

bullshit mate. I could send you cv's of people designing the drugs to keep you alive that studied right here in Thailand. you know what annoys me. people that make comments like you that have no idea. ok. 1 I doubt many of the people working in 7 have degrees and 2 I can assure you there are people working globally with a thai education in finance and banking. don't believe me? fine.

46 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

my mrs had to do masters at surrey university also. I think because she studied business at utcc and its not a great degree. had she chosen a science degree at a better uni she wouldn't have needed to do her masters. but there are degrees in Thailand that are recognised in oz

I am only speaking from my own personal experience. I would not send my children here to study and would stick with Australian Universities, Again, My opinion based on my experiences.

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

bullshit mate. I could send you cv's of people designing the drugs to keep you alive that studied right here in Thailand. you know what annoys me. people that make comments like you that have no idea. ok. 1 I doubt many of the people working in 7 have degrees and 2 I can assure you there are people working globally with a thai education in finance and banking. don't believe me? fine.

absolutely correct .....  Many of my Thai friends are far more educated than most Australians.  Most farangs only see rice farmers and think everyone must be similar.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

absolutely correct .....  Many of my Thai friends are far more educated than most Australians.  Most farangs only see rice farmers and think everyone must be similar.

Meaningless statement that just shows you move in different circles in each country.

The best Thailand has to offer is the 550th ranked university in the world - nothing to be proud of especially when the cause of such low rankings is abundantly clear.

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Asia/thailand

36 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Are these the same Thai designers that have found a cure for AIDS and Ebola?

I've run companies in Thailand employing dozens of Thais. 

A Thai degree is equivalent to a chocolate teapot. 

No-one fails here, you do understand then that this renders the education process and subsequent awards totally meaningless?

Many of the 7/11 clerks have degrees in fact it is almost a requirement now such is the competition with so many potential employees having these virtually worthless pieces of paper.

Agree, I wouldn't let them train my dug.

ok. you talk about aids. so the red cross place over in chula are wasting their time? don't think so mate. they are actually at the top of their game globally

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

ok. you talk about aids. so the red cross place over in chula are wasting their time? don't think so mate. they are actually at the top of their game globally

Thailand's education system may not be the worst in the world, but it is a long long way from being anywhere near the best.

Third rate, and that is being generous.

Just now, JigaloJack said:

Thailand's education system may not be the worst in the world, but it is a long long way from being anywhere near the best.

Third rate, and that is being generous.

but their students are still amongst those that worked together internationally to put an end to aids are they not? correct me if I am wrong. please. tell me I am worng

Just now, Happy enough said:

but their students are still amongst those that worked together internationally to put an end to aids are they not? correct me if I am wrong. please. tell me I am worng

Australia's education system, much like it's democracy, is superior to Thailand's.

Anyway, this off topic argument has been had before.

1 minute ago, JigaloJack said:

Australia's education system, much like it's democracy, is superior to Thailand's.

Anyway, this off topic argument has been had before.

you think your superior. 5555. really. that's a whole new thread. you aren't

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

you think your superior. 5555. really. that's a whole new thread. you aren't

Yeah, it's a whole thread debating the quality of Thai University's - isn't that what you're prattling on about in the Australia looks forward to the return of democracy in Thailand thread?

(Thought you weren't going to read it? - pants on fire.)

Edited by JigaloJack

16 hours ago, I Luv Me said:

Hard to escape the dregs here, because the follow you home I reckon.
But Thailand treats all dregs equally especially those of us who reckon we ain't dregs.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't understand.  "the follow you home I reckon."  What does that mean?   "especially those of us who reckon we ain't dregs."  I can say definitively, don't have to reckon, who are the dregs and who are not.

Edited by joeyg

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I don't understand.  "the follow you home I reckon."  What does that mean?   "especially those of us who reckon we ain't dregs."  I can say definitively, don't have who reckon, who are the dregs and who are not.

yes. what are dregs here? interesting