Phuket tour bus hits van, tuk-tuk, nearly plunges off Patong Hill

webfact

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It has nothing to do with the government. It has everything to do with enforcing the laws that governments have already passed.

Sorry, you misunderstood me; my Ref to Gov was the Gov'nr (Phuket)

New broom an all that or same same but not different to most who have come before him (i.e. nothing of real value will get done and we will continue to see death and destruction over this black spot) But 100% agree about you statement on the laws being enforced and acted upon

From the latest article- 'In addition, on the hill itself, authorities will create “emergency escape lanes” for drivers to use in case of brake failure, Mr Banyat added.'

K Banyat is the head of the PLTO- even he doesn't get it . THERE IS VERY LITTLE IF ANY BRAKE FAILURE- its poor driving skills and an inability to navigate what is a reasonably safe road for a competent driver.

The GPS on this bus showed he was doing almost 60kph at the time of the crash. Sheer lunacy. 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/in-wake-of-tour-bus-crash-phuket-governor-orders-safety-overhaul-on-patong-hill-63359.php#LUXPk0GUAiFUcCSX.97

The brakes failed to be applied methinks.  But then again, based on the general Thai mindset of lack of maintenance I would not discount the brakes being sub par.  Has any article ever been followed up showing the maintenance records, brakes replaced or inspected in the past?