Russians not paying maintenance fees - legal

aussienam

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/08/2017 at 2:26 AM, scubascuba3 said:

There are some condo blocks where the maintenance seems high, I'm wondering if by lowering it they are more likely to receive more money in?

Maybe. But condo fees are like taxes, they rarely ever go down, because they manage to mismanage any money given to them.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:09 PM, KittenKong said:

I have definitely seen units for sale at half what they originally cost. Not many, and not in the best locations, but I have seen them. However not everyone does buy in the best location, for whatever reason, and for the purposes of discussion the market has to be considered as a whole I think.

Exactly . The market is the Market . It  isnt a hand picked upscale section of The Market.

I have seen the same as KK and Pinot.

A development I know was selling apartments at 7 million 12 years ago.

A couple of years back an owner/investor was selling one of these 7 million places  at 3 million . It was listed for a  long time  , and when he finally  found a buyer , he offered to include another one he'd invested in , so  a deal of TWO for four million baht! The buyer took them both but Im of the impression he has left Thailand and keen to sell again.

This development has had a shanty town spring up near its gates , and occasionally gets whiffs from the rubber collection shed built ( later ) next door , its had its sinking fund pilfered , and its had a war with its builder ... The owner/occupiers can do nothing .

The renters can , and they  have left !

Edited by zaZa9

2 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Exactly . The market is the Market . It  isnt a hand picked upscale section of The Market.

I have seen the same as KK and Pinot.

A development I know was selling apartments at 7 million 12 years ago.

A couple of years back an owner/investor was selling one of these 7 million places  at 3 million . It was listed for a  long time  , and when he finally  found a buyer , he offered to include another one he'd invested in , so  a deal of TWO for four million baht! The buyer took them both but Im of the impression he has left Thailand and keen to sell again.

This development has had a shanty town spring up near its gates , and occasionally gets whiffs from the rubber collection shed built ( later ) next door , its had its sinking fund pilfered , and its had a war with its builder ... The owner/occupiers can do nothing .

The renters can , and they  have left !

Yes, the market is the Market.  But, nothing is stopping you from choosing "a hand picked upscale section of The Market".   

On 8/22/2017 at 7:20 AM, KittenKong said:

Most quotes I get here are way over the top, and I find that the level of finish/workmanship is generally very poor. To the extent that I repainted my condo myself recently as it was the only way to get a good job done at a sensible price. Did I have a work permit for that? No.

Only way is get somebody to paint but you supply the paint .A lot of the paint in Thailand is poor quality .

50 minutes ago, anto said:

Only way is get somebody to paint but you supply the paint .A lot of the paint in Thailand is poor quality .

and the common practice is to add water to the paint so it goes further. You can't make this s.... up!

On 8/13/2017 at 0:50 PM, newnative said:

Hmm. So living in Pattaya gives me an 'obviously skewed' perspective.  That's a new one--and yet another burden we poor, miserable Pattayans have to carry.  Oh, the humanity.  Your 'skewed' perspective dig might make, perhaps, a tiny bit of sense if we were talking about something like city nightlife but real estate?  Fail to see the connection.  The reason I left the condos is I sold them for a profit.  Despite the negative postings, it actually is possible to buy a condo in Pattaya and resell it, at a profit.  I'm not painting rainbows, just offering another viewpoint on my experiences, as you have on yours.  I assume I am allowed to do that, even as a 'skewed' Pattayan. 

Your beaches are literally human sewers and you think that does not require alternate perspective to want to live in that?  Yeah, go jump in the Gulf and then tell me how great it is.  GMAFB whatta clown.

31 minutes ago, csabo said:

Your beaches are literally human sewers and you think that does not require alternate perspective to want to live in that?  Yeah, go jump in the Gulf and then tell me how great it is.  GMAFB whatta clown.

I don't live in the ocean.  I don't even swim in the ocean--I prefer a pool.  And, I prefer swimming in a pool even if I'm visiting someplace with a clean ocean.  I DO like an ocean view, however, and Pattaya has some very nice ones.  Try looking south from Northshore condo, north from Unixx condo, or both directions from the rooftop pool at Centric Sea--really beautiful views of the ocean, beach, islands coastline, and cityscape, both day and night. 

Of course, it would be nice if the city finally gets on the stick and starts working to clean up the ocean--I think everyone in Pattaya wants to see that happen.  But, when deciding where to live, you have to weigh the positives with the negatives.  Any place is going to have positives and some negatives, as well.  When my partner and I lived in America we lived in a 'new town''--one built from scratch.  Even starting with a blank piece of paper, the planners didn't get everything right and there were some negatives. 

Hopefully, wherever one chooses to live, the positives will outweigh the negatives and that is the case for my partner and me choosing to live in Pattaya.  The dirty ocean falls in the negative column but the positive column has good helth care, good climate, my partner's employment, good variety of shopping and restaurants, movie theaters, good housing choices at a variety of price points, an international airport not too far away, a very nice group of friends we socialize with, and a much cheaper cost of living for us, among other things.