Car owners unable to lock vehicles with their remote control keys at Chonburi department store

snoop1130

On my Jazz the unlock sensors are on front doors and boot/trunk, check if doors are locked at the back doors.

Remote has a hidden key but it's only for selecting neutral when parked ( the old parallel parking deal ), there is no keyhole so if battery dies on my remote I'm walking home for the spare.

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

On my Jazz the unlock sensors are on front doors and boot/trunk, check if doors are locked at the back doors.

Remote has a hidden key but it's only for selecting neutral when parked ( the old parallel parking deal ), there is no keyhole so if battery dies on my remote I'm walking home for the spare.

and if the battery is flat on the car how do you open the doors ? or open the bonnet

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have a nice car now. It is a 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup with 359,xxx km on the clock and still rattling along quite well. Simple to maintain, cheap to run and I have definitely had my moneys worth from it.

It all depends on what you cosider a nice car.

What you may consider a nice car, perhaps I may not and vice versa.

Yes, maybe someone do not consider German cars nice and prefer Ford...

My mistake :-)

On 8/7/2017 at 9:32 PM, billd766 said:

Of course you could always go low tech and lock the doors with the key.

It's not fun for thais, it has to be noisy,so people see they have a car.Ha Ha

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Hmm, have a good look at your car door or the instruction manual, all Honda's have a keyhole, even 2017-models, installed exactly for that reason (battery weekness). As mentioned above, i haven't seen it at the first glance too, but i found it.. (civic). Besides, when you start your car you will get a warning before the battery is getting too week.

Hmm, have a good look at your car door or the instruction manual, all Honda's have a keyhole, even 2017-models, installed exactly for that reason (battery weekness). As mentioned above, i haven't seen it at the first glance too, but i found it.. (civic). Besides, when you start your car you will get a warning before the battery is getting too week.

Yeah, I think you are right, I'll have a proper look and get back to you, after all, if the battery in remote dies then I'll need to know !!

6 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Yes, maybe someone do not consider German cars nice and prefer Ford...

My mistake :-)

If I win the Lottery I would look for an older Mercedes Benz 500 SEL W140 model just for the comfort of driving one.

I have no real preference in which country a car is built in. I have had Peugeot 404 and 504 and even a Renault 30 TS which was the most comfortable car I have ever driven but it was a PITA to keep on the road as was my BMW 1800. The BMW was super for about 3 weeks at a time and then it would sulk for a week or so and be pretty much useless.

We chose the truck back in 2001 down in BKK knowing that we were going to build the house out here. I has carried most of the building stuff we used and we have used it as a people carrier, shopping vehicle, load carrier (all sorts), furniture removal truck. One time I put a 1,300 litre water tank on the back and used it for filling up the ongs at home. I have carried motor bikes, brush cutters, grass cutters, LPG gas tanks and other odds and sods both in it and on it.

Well I had a good look round and eventually found it !!

IMG_3338.JPG

I'm sure that wasn't there before [emoji851]

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have a nice car now. It is a 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup with 359,xxx km on the clock and still rattling along quite well. Simple to maintain, cheap to run and I have definitely had my moneys worth from it.

It all depends on what you cosider a nice car.

What you may consider a nice car, perhaps I may not and vice versa.

Will the remote locking work at a well known Chonburi shopping venue .. 

2 hours ago, swissbie said:

I'm struggling to find the keyhole on this one .. :saai:

_20170809_064011.JPG

Has it been shot .. [emoji185]

I only use the sensor on inside of handle to open and press the button to lock, remote stays in my pocket. So never use remote let alone a key.

My car is parked about 50 yards down the soi ( having work done on house ), I was outside watching builder and glanced at my car, saw the keyhole clear as day. [emoji23]

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well I had a good look round and eventually found it !!

IMG_3338.JPG

I'm sure that wasn't there before emoji851.png

He he, first i haven't seen it because i always stood directly at the door, but with some distance i saw it and was relieved.

IMG_20170809_152022.jpg

They have no tools?

Hasn't this mystery been going on for a year? 

All they need is a spectrum analyzer to identify the frequency, it may not be the same frequency as then keyless locking systems, and a directional antenna to locate the transmitter.