Shoes on student's head teacher ordered out of the class from today

webfact

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

i'm told she was sacked. might be wrong in which case we could help that

Though not named the middle aged female teacher will be transferred to other duties while education authorities decide what to do next.

Helps if you read the article.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not sacked, relocated.

Temporarily....

And based on past examples, temporary is all it's likely to end up being.

It would be a rare, rare exception if this woman actually was dismissed from teaching. I wouldn't bet on that being the end result.  Maybe transferred to another school. Maybe reinstated at her own school. But dismissed from teaching, I wouldn't bet on it.

2 minutes ago, helloagain said:

I tell you what you can do with her cos it is CHILD ABUSE sack her end of story. SACK HER.

I agree that she shouldn't be teaching period.  But teachers here have done far worse to their students and escaped relatively unscathed. So let's wait and see -- if the outcome is ever publicly reported at all...

Just now, Happy enough said:

I don't know as you say. I will bet 500 baht right here that she does. my only concern is how you deliver my money

You obviously have no knowledge as to how things work in Thailand.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Why is student not punished for breaking the rules.

ThAt is the problem YES the teacher may have been over the top but the kid did disobey  parents and child also need to learn responsibility

I think you need to read it again.

That was the punishment. 

You say the teacher MAY have been over the top.

Humiliation in front of other students is the same as bullying and not acceptable in any form.

She is.not fit to be a teacher.

really? well ive spent more time here than any other country in the world. I was a teenager when I came here. tell me how it is wise man

Then you should know better than to say a teacher, policeman or virtually any government official rarely loses their job. Even corrupt police only get relocated, and drunk driver hi-so killers walk free.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You obviously have no knowledge as to how things work in Thailand.

I can assure y

Just now, giddyup said:

Then you should know better than to say a teacher, policeman or virtually any government official rarely loses their job. Even corrupt police only get relocated, and drunk driver hi-so killers walk free.

yeah. but she took the piss. she'll get sacked

"She admitted she had been excessive, and accepted that she should move out of the school for a while as a committee decides her fate.

She spoke of her sleeplessness and medical conditions."

Moved to an "inactive" post then? Do people in  positions of authority not get the sack here for proven excessive wrongdoing?

Oh, sorry, she doesn't feel well, and has "medical conditions". That's all right then - have a few weeks off (with pay of course), take some tablets, and get well soon!

RE :

So she made him graap (kowtow) repeatedly to his shoes before placing them on his head and repeating the punishment. 

Off camera, he was then made to crawl into class on all fours in front of his classmates, all so he wouldn't break the rules again.

The teacher has said she is stressed out, can't sleep, has nightmares and complained that her symptoms of diabetes and high blood pressure have increased.

She said she wanted to teach the children about school rules and didn't think there would be a problem...

She spoke of her sleeplessness and medical conditions.

The middle aged female teacher will be transferred to other duties while education authorities decide what to do next.

* Well - In a educated and civilized society such behaviour would have qualified for a mental evaluation...

Edited by ttrd

no but i'm holding onto 500 baht unless you prove that lady didn't lose her job

Dream on. Chances are we'll never know, she'll get moved to a school in another province, or a desk job somewhere, and no one will be any the wiser.

Just now, giddyup said:

Dream on. Chances are we'll never know, she'll get moved to a school in another province, or a desk job somewhere, and no one will be any the wiser.

I know nothing as you assume. guess what. she will get sacked. you can't do that. it's wrong. I still have 500 baht right here

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

yup 55555

And that's what it will say on her "Termination of Contract"? Sacked for "taking the piss" - I don't think so!

In fact I don't think she'll be sacked - she'll be "relocated". She has already been moved to an "inactive post" while the powers that be decide what to do with her - sorry, where to transfer her! 

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

And that's what it will say on her "Termination of Contract"? Sacked for "taking the piss" - I don't think so!

In fact I don't think she'll be sacked - she'll be "relocated". She has already been moved to an "inactive post" while the powers that be decide what to do with her - sorry, where to transfer her! 

she will be sacked.

she will be sacked.

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

I don't know anything. there is a very good chance that woman will be sacked. in fact, she will be. don't believe me? you'll see. she took the piss

It seems that most are urging the most draconian punishment for the teacher.  In my opinion, she should be suspended for a while and counseled about the proper ways to enforce discipline in a Thai classroom, if that is possible.  Her action in no way suggests that she is not qualified to continue teaching so long as she learns the proper ways to control her students.  If I had $100 for every time I was physically punished or humiliated in school back in Pennsylvania, I'd be a rich man.  Those German-American old ladies were tough!

22 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

I don't know anything. there is a very good chance that woman will be sacked. in fact, she will be. don't believe me? you'll see. she took the piss

I'm afraid if the powers that be dither as much as you do, they'll still be discussing her future when she retires!

17 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

It seems that most are urging the most draconian punishment for the teacher.  In my opinion, she should be suspended for a while and counseled about the proper ways to enforce discipline in a Thai classroom, if that is possible.  Her action in no way suggests that she is not qualified to continue teaching so long as she learns the proper ways to control her students.  If I had $100 for every time I was physically punished or humiliated in school back in Pennsylvania, I'd be a rich man.  Those German-American old ladies were tough!

Should she not have been "counseled about the proper ways to enforce discipline in a Thai classroom" during her "'Training"?

And Pennsylvania then is not Pennsylvania now - or indeed the UK or Thailand!