Finnish man seriously injured after fall from building in Pattaya

webfact

Finnish man seriously injured after fall from building in Pattaya

7pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon

PATTAYA: -- Police are investigating the circumstances which resulted in a Finnish man falling from a disused building in Pattaya.

Hussein Maher, 61, is believed to have fallen from the second of the building located at Midnight Mall on Soi BJ in Nong Prue, in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

It is not known why Mr Maher was in the building at that time.

Siamchon News reported that an unnamed friend said that Mr Maher was the owner of the building and could have visited the premises in the early hours to inspect some renovation work that is being carried out on the property.

Mr Maher suffered serious injuries and was rushed to hospital.

Police have said they will speak to Mr Maher once his condition has improved.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-08

WARNING: Some viewers may find this content disturbing

2 minutes ago, hansnl said:

A Finn named Hussein?

So what? Why do we always get ignorant comments like that as if their some kind of white / Christian requirement to have a European passport?

Edited by Jingthing

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So what? Why do we always get ignorant comments like that as if their some kind of white / Christian requirement to have a European passport?

That's right. Non Christian, non Caucasian peoples have been welcomed into European countries for centuries. 

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

A Finn named Hussein?

Wow, the ignorance in that staement absolutely astounds me. I am in a mixed race marriage my parents were from different origins.

I am part English/Irish my wife is part Thai/Chinese. Where would we best to live and what name should we use 'hansnl'. What nationality names should we choose for our kids?

13 minutes ago, Trexpat said:

Wow, the ignorance in that staement absolutely astounds me. I am in a mixed race marriage my parents were from different origins.

I am part English/Irish my wife is part Thai/Chinese. Where would we best to live and what name should we use 'hansnl'. What nationality names should we choose for our kids?

Pick a German name.

7 minutes ago, ujayujay said:
Yeah.............Xenophobia is difficult to fight.

Methinks you need to look up Xenophobia in the dictionary friend!

The posters statement "A Finn named Hussein?" has nothing to do with Xenophobia!

He/She is merely expressing surprise that a Finn would have a Middle Eastern surname, nothing Xenophobic about that at all! 

56 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Soi BJ, snigger snigger.

Difficult to take this place seriously.

Actually, I don't.

Soi BJ was named after an American guy, Bill Jones (aka BJ), who with his Thai wife, ran a bar on the corner of the soi  in the early 70's and the bar was named BJ's.

Edited by Spaniel
Add info.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

A Finn named Hussein?

A former US president named Obama (Kenyan)?

A former Peruvian president named Fujimori (Japanese)?

An Irish Prime Minister named Varadkar (Indian)?

Come on. Wake up to the 21st century.

Edited by Moonlover

1 minute ago, midasthailand said:

Brian Jenkins? 555 not sure I believe that story about how Soi BJ got its name!

Well if you don't believe it you can go and ask BJ himself.     He and his wife still live in Pattaya and run the BJ Holiday Lodge on Pattaya Beach Road, Soi 3.

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

A Finn named Hussein?

You might have known that would kickstart the guardians hansnl .. Not an unreasnable raising of the eyebrows though in the same way you might for an Egyptian with a well known Finn' name like say Ari Vatanen .. Either way lets hope the chap recovers fully .. :ph34r:

Edited by Justgrazing
Spelling

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Pick a German name.

Hmmmmmm. Same point, does the origin of the name define me?

I new an guy born in the Former East Germany whos mother named him Pierre. She named him that because she dreamed one day of being able to travel to France. Does not make him or her French does not make him an immigrant or somebody to be looked down upon or cast aside. Somebody already said it here today that this is what we call globalization.

So a german name would be fine yes. Perhaps a couple of kids -:clap2: Bratwurst and Pommes..........

47 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Saxe Coburg & Gothe .. The German name of the British Royal Family .. Yea lets see what the " you can't say ( or think ) that " moralista's got to say about that one .. 

or Battenburg, oops sorry Mountbatten