Farang Fiancé: Course teaches Thai women married to foreigners what to expect abroad

webfact

girls are same same, darkish skin, darkish hair, darkish eyes (most of them), same same

agree that Spain  is good place, very nice indeed, fairly laidback

many nice and laidback and low cost places up and inland from the southern coast.

What's the average rent for a small condo somewhere near a beach?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

good question... if you have ever seen Bargain Brits in the sun they are living in caravans

no where near a beach and the rents are from 240 Euros a month

9 minutes ago, smotherb said:
6 hours ago, oldgent said:

its a no brainer really young thai female with nothing meets foreign man twice her age

who do you think comes out the best

could work out for both of them

Yep, workin well for us....

We're both getting what we need/want.

Such happiness!!

(Say that with a French accent LOL)

5 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Do they expect that upper class well-off and educated farangs marry  uneducated girls from Esaan??

Its better to stay single imho. Given that, it drives me nuts when all that bullshit about getting married rears its ugly head. Especially, with this pressure from many women in Thailand. considering you only just met a short time then all that crap pops up, them wanting to bleed you dry and get you up the alter.

I change them like my cars, looking at the new models every year or so lol 

8 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Far more foreigners relocate to Thailand and marry Thai women than Thai women move abroad with their foreign husbands.  The reciprocal course curriculum would be much more stimulating and relevant and could focus on the ethical and moral acceptance of deception, scams and adultery.

Not to mention that while your wife can most likely become a permanent resident or citizen in your country, allowing her to work, own property, go to school, etc., you will never be allowed to work or own property here in Thailand no matter how long you are married.

11 minutes ago, Haroldontherocks said:
17 minutes ago, juice777 said:

600eur. Somewhere lowkey/local. Studio 35m2. At beach. Clean. Safe.

700eur. 90m2. 15minutes by car from beach. In major city city.

400eur. In the sticks ? at beach. 

Buy and own: between 69.000 and 150.000. Decent place.

The real answer depends on where it is, location, location, location.

and then on how long a term you rent for.

One month in the high season (now) can be silly money but long term rent for a three bed apartment in the city, 15 mins from the beach, walking.

€250 up.

BTW I've rented a condo right on the beach before.

During the winter when it feels cold like 10C or so, and with high winds, it's almost  impossible to walk upright on the sea front and when anyone opens the building door, the building is pressurised and drafts howl past your front door and it's not easy to keep warm.....

Living in the city affords a sort of protection against this and there are more bars and shops available all year round.....

Horses for Courses?

Edit

Like Thailand, foreigners don't necessarily get as good a deal as a local.....

Edited by laislica

2 hours ago, laislica said:

There are a lot of very lovely girls here in Spain.

My Thai wife always wonders why I did not meet an settle with a Spanish lady.

I had worked in the Far Easy in the late 60's and always had a fascination with it and their culture.

However, we spend several months every year in Thailand so that my wife can stay in touch with her roots and family.

I think that Harold hit the nail on the head.

I prefer Spain to Thailand.

so are you in spain then

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

You are right and wrong. Because of my work, my wife and I have lived in various countries, where we were both strangers. My wife always makes it work, food, language etc she rolls with the place. However she is totally stoked with Thailand and that will always be her go back to place. Does she love Thailand? 100 % and she does have the worldly knowledge to make her choice, absolutely. As it turns out I also love the place, though I can think of plenty of places I love the same

You sound very much like an Oz couple me and my Mrs know, worked/lived all over the planet but love Thailand with a passion, D & G and their camper van :smile: 

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

but what if they already had their own land and own money and never had to live in Coventry or marry a bloke called gary. more nonsense. I shouldn't say this but i'm assuming you had a bad experience with a girl that didn't love you. from up north right? poor lad. you'll be ok

You seem to assume quite a lot, and you would be an expert on Falang/Thai relationships?

Qualifications?

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I cannot believe we got to page 7 and no mention of Ting Tong and Mr Dudree (Dudley) of British TV humour.

That is sooo me, except I don't come from the Midlands :whistling:

Now Page 8 :shock1:

ting tong.jpg

Wasn't Ting Tong a dating agency bride?

It didn't have very good writers and got "pulled off" pretty quickly.

14 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Far more foreigners relocate to Thailand and marry Thai women than Thai women move abroad with their foreign husbands.  The reciprocal course curriculum would be much more stimulating and relevant and could focus on the ethical and moral acceptance of deception, scams and adultery.

How would you know that ? . 

Were did you get that  information from  ?. 

Far more foreigners relocate to thailand. 

I agee a lot move to thailand , their a million of thai lady's that move away from thailand and live all over the world.

in thailand you see lots of man with thai lady's from the bars and you see that all over thailand, as lots of those man take a thai lady from the bar around thailand as a  Guide .

On 8/8/2017 at 1:47 PM, Thaiwrath said:

She also pointed out that most foreign men that marry Thais are actually only lower or middle class and don’t earn much

That should upset a few posters on here ! :cheesy:

Upset them it may, but it would be true from my observations over the years.   Not all lovers of Asian women are at the lower end of the socio/economic/intellectual scale, but a large proportion of them are.

But, of course, it's a two way street.

Get will made as soon as possible with wife getting most, granted power of attorney, bank details and access to any accounts, how to get any superannuation and finally how to make husband mental incompetent to access everything. That would be a comprehensive course. 

Wouldn't worry about the sinsot as that would be ,"you know my family want this but I say no because this is love". At the beginning its the deal maker.

Always soft sell. 

2 hours ago, ttrd said:

Have...;)

The only pra-ra you can get overseas as far as I know is the cooked version. Ask anyone from Issan if this is as good as or better than the raw, uncooked, festering stinking muck. I think you all know the answer.:wink:

I was told by one lady, I want to live in Australia so much....until I told her the taxes and living costs involved. While they may have a better lifestyle than up in Issan, it's not all beer and skittles living in the West. Many young Australians simply cannot afford to buy a house now as the mortgage payments are outrageous in many areas. 

6 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Wasn't Ting Tong a dating agency bride?

It didn't have very good writers and got "pulled off" pretty quickly.

Not only a dating agency bride but a ladyboy who'd previously made a few risqué movies. The characters were extremely popular, and entirely typical of the type of humour in the Little Britain tv series. Hilarious, though definitely very far from politically correct. 

As an aside, I found it amusing that her last name Macadangdang is actually Filipino... 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:47 PM, Thaiwrath said:

She also pointed out that most foreign men that marry Thais are actually only lower or middle class and don’t earn much

middle class in usa $ 53-128 thousand  , she has lost all credibility . and yes quite a few are pissed  i feel .

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Then again, most Thais who marry foreigners are (only) lower or middle class, too. Their income certainly depends on their profession (and, in some cases, how many sponsors they have). :smile:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

17 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Then again, most Thais who marry foreigners are (only) lower or middle class, too. Their income certainly depends on their profession (and, in some cases, how many sponsors they have). :smile:

Or maybe with their sponsors they are actually higher class than their current falang?

16 hours ago, oldgent said:

its a no brainer really young thai female with nothing meets foreign man twice her age

who do you think comes out the best

Great time by her and him , what's the problem ? . 

you  jealous ? . 

Not one thing wrong with it as long as she is happy and he is happy and he not give her all the bs that's go's with a thai western  relationship  .