Fake printing ink cartridges seized in Nonthaburi raid

snoop1130

Fake printing ink cartridges seized in Nonthaburi raid

vlcsnap-2017-08-08-16h33m04s795.png

Economic Crime Suppression Division (ECSD) police on Monday raided a company in Nonthaburi’s Bang Buathong district and seized a large quantity of fake printing ink cartridges of various brand names and printing ink production equipment worth about 30 million baht.

The company, Orbit Printing, is located at house number 72/1 in Moo 9 village, Tambon Bangrak Pattana.

The ECSD police were accompanied in the raid by representatives of Hewlett-Packard Development Co.

The police seized a large quantity of fake printing ink cartridges of various brand names including HP, Canon, Epson, Brother and Samsung and printing ink production equipment as well as five big bikes and two pick-up trucks, worth altogether about 30 million baht.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fake-printing-ink-cartridges-seized-nonthaburi-raid/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-8-8

So, now I can sleep well tonight after I know that real culprits are caught and I won't get ripped off with a fake ink cartridge in the future...

I wonder when Panthip Plaze, Fortune Town and IT Plaza are going to be shut down...

What about the many places you can refill brand name printing cartridges with "fake" ink?

i hope to hell these remain untouched, as I'm firmly of the opinion that the real criminals are the printing companies who charge exorbitant prices for "original" gear... hell... they don't even have the decency to include a full cartridge at point of sale for the printer.

36 minutes ago, farcanell said:

What about the many places you can refill brand name printing cartridges with "fake" ink?

What about the office supply stores where one can buy refill kits and do it oneself. Is there such a thing as fake ink? 

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

What about the office supply stores where one can buy refill kits and do it oneself. Is there such a thing as fake ink? 

Yes it is called Copy ink........:sorry: looking for my coat right now.....

Go and get your coat I'm still happy with my outlook on life.

Fake means something that is counterfeit or not genuine. So if one goes to an office supply store there is lots of ink that is marketed as a stand alone product. Like say, Inknara or InkTech or FreeJet or or..

If one does a search for say Hewlett Packard or Canon  refill ink there is none branded as HP or Canon. I can only assume they don't make it.

There are no end of ink companies and products available at Tesco Lotus or Office Pro Or.. They are their own brands not fake. 

But yes I have never seen your brand of Copy Ink.

Edited by VocalNeal

11 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Lol... either fake ink or just another rip off

i have been offered two prices for refilling my ink cartridges... I just assumed one was for a brand name ink, whilst the other was for a generic ink... herein, generic would be "fake"

undoubtably, the manufacturer would warn against substitution.... void warranties, etc etc, as they loose money

I am all for ' fake '  copy or counterfeit  ....     it doesn't hurt anyone and it creates jobs.

The small guy buys a copy rolex for 1000 baht. He will never be able to afford the real job.

The stall owner feeds his family and employs another student sometimes.

The rolex company doesn't loose one cent in revenue.

I hate multinational companies,  they charge the earth and mostly for advertising.

15 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I just assumed one was for a brand name ink, whilst the other was for a generic ink

But which brand name? Ink is Ink is Ink. Search for HP or Canon cartridge refill ink and there is none branded as HP or Canon. 

Sure maybe there is some of better quality ink, after all one gets what one pays for. But by definition it is not fake. Fake ink would be black stuff that  purports to be ink but doesn't print.

I get mine locally from a small printer repair guy inside a grocery store. It is branded as Premium Gold. Never heard of them but it works just as well as FreeJet or Inknara. The later from Office Pro. 

Maybe someone has been conned? Who knows...but generally it is simply ink. 

This is a tin foil hat thread? Where people imagine they are being ripped off, somehow. Maybe they are but caveat emptor always comes into play.

Ok I'll get my hat and leave this to the tin foil brigade.

Edited by VocalNeal

31 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

But which brand name? Ink is Ink is Ink. Search for HP or Canon cartridge refill ink and there is none branded as HP or Canon. 

Sure maybe there is some of better quality ink, after all one gets what one pays for. But by definition it is not fake. Fake ink would be black stuff that  purports to be ink but doesn't print.

I get mine locally from a small printer repair guy inside a grocery store. It is branded as Premium Gold. Never heard of them but it works just as well as FreeJet or Inknara. The later from Office Pro. 

Maybe someone has been conned? Who knows...but generally it is simply ink. 

This is a tin foil hat thread? Where people imagine they are being ripped off, somehow. Maybe they are but caveat emptor always comes into play.

Ok I'll get my hat and leave this to the tin foil brigade.

Inks are not all the same... there is no magic well to draw ink from... it's a manufactured product

Modern inks are tailor made to suit different applications, and they contain many products and processes... altering these product quantities, perhaps thinning with a solvent ( as you might do to extend paint) will alter the overall ink properties and performance (and.... think inkjet printers which also rely on adhesion via opposite charged particles)

anyway, for cheapskates like me, the main aim is to "stain" the paper.. so... same same, but different (cheaper) ?.... fake sunnies... lol... same same, but....

IMG_4485.PNG

Edited by farcanell

Selling generic ink is fine.

Selling it in boxes labeled to make the buyer think it's genuine HP, Epson, Canon, etc. is what makes it illegal.

I'm always amazed when I can buy a new printer with ink (or toner) for less than the price of a set of cartridges.  Of course, the new printer may carry an ink or toner load that's a small percentage of a new cartridge, in which case I think it's unethical not to reveal the expected page count consistently.  But that's been going on for decades, all over the world.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

it's a manufactured product

Exactly. But not manufactured by HP or Canon or.  It is a generic product. The mistake is that obviously Orbit were labeling their cartridges as HP?

Anyway the who thing is about the use of the word fake vs higher or lower quality.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

IMG_4485.PNG

Even the link in this example doesn't work!

40 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Exactly. But not manufactured by HP or Canon or.  It is a generic product. The mistake is that obviously Orbit were labeling their cartridges as HP?

Anyway the who thing is about the use of the word fake vs higher or lower quality.

Even the link in this example doesn't work!

Screenshot... not link

the website is on the screenshot... www. Something

the point being that they have an anti counterfeiting link attached... suggesting counterfeit products exist... or that fake products exist

My HP printer some how reports that the new ink I installed is a genuine HP cartridge. If not it won't work. Only way around it is to drill a small hole and refill it. Ink one of the world's most expensive products. They pratical give the printer's away as they make the money off of ink.

If i got a lot to print I go somewhere where is cheap and save my ink.