If Brits were 3% less stupid there would be no Brexit.

14 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The ECSC was the grandfather of the EU.

From Wiki:

The ECSC was first proposed by French foreign minister Robert Schuman on 9 May 1950 as a way to prevent further war between France and Germany. He declared his aim was to "make war not only unthinkable but materially impossible"[3] which was to be achieved by regional integration, of which the ECSC was the first step. The Treaty would create a common market for coal and steel among its member states which served to neutralise competition between European nations over natural resources, particularly in the Ruhr.

Or to keep it simple: Why do you think differently about Germans than your grandfather did? Surely your grandfather was not an intestines extracting barbarian? But I am 99% sure he hated Germans, unless he was an exception to the rule.

Funny story:

Some 45 years ago  I found hitchhiking in Norway was just about impossible. Then a Norwegian told me "it is because of that Belgian flag on your backpack, people think it is a German flag". I removed the flag, and hitchhiked happily ever after....

This still says to me that progressively civilised thinking brought this about.  We think differently now.

If you're right, when will the Middle East figure this out?

And if you're right, and if the EU are so wonderful, they'll make sure there is a fair trade deal for the UK after brexit (to keep the peace).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/8/2017 at 11:48 AM, ELVIS123456 said:

Bachelor of Economics

MBA

Diploma Marketing

You??

Dont bother - libtards are mentally challenged liars (and shoot people in Churches) - blocked.

Reading the last line would be no great advert for whatever star institution(s) those qualifications were obtained from.

On 08/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, CG1 Blue said:

This still says to me that progressively civilised thinking brought this about.  We think differently now.

If you're right, when will the Middle East figure this out?

And if you're right, and if the EU are so wonderful, they'll make sure there is a fair trade deal for the UK after brexit (to keep the peace).

I was talking about peace inside Europe, not with outsiders like Russia, UK or North Korea.

As for the Middle East, they will need statesmen on both sides. Can't see that happen in the near future. They don't even want to trade amongst them.

And yes, I am right. No ifs.