Midweek rant: Hey “Miss” – do us all a favor and resign now

webfact

Midweek rant: Hey “Miss” – do us all a favor and resign now

mwr.jpg

File photo

I have a few words of advice for the so called teacher who put shoes on a student’s head and made him kowtow on the ground and crawl because he wore his own shoes into class against school rules.

First of all let me make it clear.

You are not a teacher and you are utterly repulsive. Furthermore you are a disgrace to the profession you claim to represent and you should pack your bags immediately.

Just leave the kids alone – and go and be a brick in a wall somewhere.

Maybe you are surprised to hear this from someone who is not Thai.

Yes we are all shocked by violence from teachers but your filthy actions mean a lot to me personally.

I am English but I have lived in Thailand a long time. Not that you need to have been in the kingdom more than five minutes to know what you did was horrible.

Tourists reading in a guidebook would know more than you.

Just to let you know I was the head of a Thai department at a big, respectable international school.

Unusual as it may seem my job was to teach Thai, as well as foreign children about Thai culture.

I taught them about your manners and your language. I thought they were important things for kids to learn, even those at international school.

I had a rule about not wearing shoes into the Thai Studies classroom areas where I taught for twenty years. It set the scene for all the nice items the children would see, all the hopefully good things they would learn from me and my Thai colleagues.

Sometimes kids came in with their shoes on. Kids forget. Kids are oblivious at times. Sometimes even obnoxious.

But do you know what I did?

I looked at them in the face, then looked at their shoes. My expression told them how I felt.

It was not necessary to say or do anything – and you know what.

They never did it again and the lesson was learnt. They might have even respected me, though those days are over for you I am afraid.

You know what would have happened to me, or any of the dozen Thai female staff in my department, if I or they had put shoes on a student’s head.

Let me tell you.

My English headmaster would have called me in and told me to leave the premises immediately.

Yes, no committee. No excuses. Sacked.

And would I get a reference or a job in education anywhere else in the world ever again if people knew about that.

No, I wouldn’t expect that.

Of course no one in their right mind would do what you did. You are not fit to teach and clearly not in your right mind.

Such an action as you did is not spur of the moment.

Let’s face it you were caught by a student filming. You forgot this is the era of social media and you wouldn’t get away with it.

Maybe you had in the past…..but not now.

Don’t think it will be forgotten if the education department takes pity on you and lets you back in the class.

It won’t – and even if the children are made to wai you and smile they will always remember, as will their parents, what an utter disgrace you are.

So please resign – go and pack fish in cans or do something useful like tend the fields. But don’t try and teach because you can’t.

And to the education authorities.

Don’t let this woman off with a warning. Remove her and think about the children for a change.

Children break rules, children are annoying, children challenge authority – that is what makes them children.

But their teachers must know better than to punish like this. There can be no excuses.

And while you are at it why not start working with the police and school directors to not just stop this humiliation that reflects so badly on your system, but do something about the illegal violence handed out to students in your schools as well.

It’s assault.

Show some balls and stand up for what is right.

And be what the students expect of their teachers.

Role models.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-09

While anywhere else in a modern country you'd be dead right, here in Thailand

we don't have the rights to criticize the local customs and traditions, 

what is perceived common sense and a modicum of acceptable behavior

in other countries and customs, here in Thailand it's a whole diffident ball game,

and speaking from experience, one will do well to keeps his or hers criticism

of the country we are only a guest, to themselves, however righteous they 

might be....

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

we don't have the rights to criticize the local customs and traditions

I think if you READ the post, the poster isn't criticising local customs and tradidions. This whole episode is about a Thai teacher breaking Thai customs and traditions. To put shoes on someones head is a very, very big no, no. Perhaps you could quote from the post where the poster criticises local customs and traditions. Maybe I missed something.

Teachers as ro9le models, please do not let me laugh, I see teachers every day , breaking the laws of the land be that in riding motorcycles, driving cars ,  punishing children and yes ,demanding children do something which as a teacher they would never do.

Role models never on a good day, they remind me of the Catholics, break every known law of God, go to confession, and then do it again.  

As a foreigner we can never tell a Thai what to do,  as  they say they  already know all the answers, and it shows , daily we see it in the news, in the politics and in their actions .

Rooster thanks for your comment on this horrible incident.  I just hope that the Thai

authorities will also understand that this teacher needs to be fired.

It seems that some commenters do not think like that.  I met a few teachers over the

years in Thailand,  and some were totally arrogant and thought that they walked on water,.

A few were absolute jerks, and thought that they were the upper crust of society.

Some teachers in the smaller villages were hard working and sincere, but this teacher needs to

be gone from the teaching profession.

Geezer

Well guys/girls...why shouldn't we as foreigners living in a country put our fingers on things that go wrong (and here it is the culture of a country that is misstreated by a TEACHER who should educate the children in good behavior)

So yes, she should never ever see a classroom or school from inside but: let he clean the shoes of the children so SHE learn a lesson!

If my child would be misstreated from a teacher i would know what i do! Stand in front of my child !

Good luck to anyone stupid enough to try and stop me from giving my opinion about what goes on in Thailand that just defies all common sense. Be they Thai or a Farang you will quickly be put in your place. Do I worry about expressing my views, not in the least.

this was one of the first things I learnt when I came here, a teacher actually doing this to a student is wrong in every sense, teachers need to earn respect it is not simply granted because they are there as many here in Thailand expect. We see teachers throwing cups at student and disfiguring them, teachers cutting students hair, teachers hitting students in the head with canes all with total immunity because the govt lacks the balls to have them charged and jailed, a teacher is supposed to teach kids what is right, not use them as their personal punching bags. If these people cannot control their anger issues they simply should not be associating with children, they need to be pulled into line and made to realize they are not gods, they are there to teach, nothing more and that touching any child is totally forbidden.

1 hour ago, idman said:

Good luck to anyone stupid enough to try and stop me from giving my opinion about what goes on in Thailand that just defies all common sense. Be they Thai or a Farang you will quickly be put in your place. Do I worry about expressing my views, not in the least.

I believe we are all entitled to air our views. But a lot depends on how the view is expressed.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

While anywhere else in a modern country you'd be dead right, here in Thailand

we don't have the rights to criticize the local customs and traditions, 

what is perceived common sense and a modicum of acceptable behavior

in other countries and customs, here in Thailand it's a whole diffident ball game,

and speaking from experience, one will do well to keeps his or hers criticism

of the country we are only a guest, to themselves, however righteous they 

might be....

R U FN SERIOUS WE DONT HAVE RIGHTS ! WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM , MAN GET OFF WHAT UR ON ,

! THAI'S CRY RACISM HERE IN AUSSIE ALL THE TIME , CRITICIZE WHEN IT SUITS THEMSELVES TO DO SO  ,

NEVER MIND THEIR OWN OWN RACISM OR SARCASM OF THEIR NEIGHBOUR'S COUNTRIES , ESPECIALLY EXPLOITING BURMESE WORKERS OR DEMEANING THEM  " SO FAR UP THEMSELVES HERE MAKES YOU SIC '' THEY ARE HERE AS DAMN GUESTS , STUDYING , HOLIDAYING , WORKING WHATEVER . AND CAN HAVE A SAY + WORK = 20 HOURS PER WEEK LEGALLY !!!!! WE CAN'T IN THERE COUNTRY ..LET ALONE USING STUDY VISAS TO WORK HERE FULL TIME CHECK IN GET MARKED OFF AS STUDY OFF THEY GO TO WORK " VIA CASH PAYMENTS NORMALLY WITH THAI RAN BUSINESSES HERE ITS RIFE " 99% OF TIME ! WHEN IT COMES TIME STUDY IS OVER  , CRIKEY DO ANYTHING NOT TO RETURN TO THAILAND ? WHY IS THAT mmm " HOW LONG ARE PEOPLE GOING TO KISS THEIR AS_ _S FOR !

WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEAK I MIND GUEST OR NOT   ...

9 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

R U FN SERIOUS WE DONT HAVE RIGHTS ! WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM , MAN GET OFF WHAT UR ON ,

! THAI'S CRY RACISM HERE IN AUSSIE ALL THE TIME , CRITICIZE WHEN IT SUITS THEMSELVES TO DO SO  ,

NEVER MIND THEIR OWN OWN RACISM OR SARCASM OF THEIR NEIGHBOUR'S COUNTRIES , ESPECIALLY EXPLOITING BURMESE WORKERS OR DEMEANING THEM  " SO FAR UP THEMSELVES HERE MAKES YOU SIC '' THEY ARE HERE AS DAMN GUESTS , STUDYING , HOLIDAYING , WORKING WHATEVER . AND CAN HAVE A SAY + WORK = 20 HOURS PER WEEK LEGALLY !!!!! WE CAN'T IN THERE COUNTRY ..LET ALONE USING STUDY VISAS TO WORK HERE FULL TIME CHECK IN GET MARKED OFF AS STUDY OFF THEY GO TO WORK " VIA CASH PAYMENTS NORMALLY WITH THAI RAN BUSINESSES HERE ITS RIFE " 99% OF TIME ! WHEN IT COMES TIME STUDY IS OVER  , CRIKEY DO ANYTHING NOT TO RETURN TO THAILAND ? WHY IS THAT mmm " HOW LONG ARE PEOPLE GOING TO KISS THEIR AS_ _S FOR !

WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEAK I MIND GUEST OR NOT   ...

Mr Shouty. From Australia .... there's a surprise.

who is this rant aimed at? I sure arent going to read it all and Im an english speaker, I doubt the thai teacher is even going to see it let alone read it. i guess if it makes someone feel better about their lives thats great but for better or worse I think most of us have lives in the real world