Well known lawyer moans about Thais being mean to Thais in airport face cream rant

webfact

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

The size / individual volume limits still apply. 

If bought at duty free AFTER SECURITY check, In Australia, those limits don't apply.

Of course, that's only Intrrnational flights.

Edited by F4UCorsair

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So not relevant to this thread / this story.

I couldn't edit (delete) my second para.  It's the same on domestic flights, so ot It Is relevant.

Can't edit 'ot' above, same TV glitch I had some time back.

When my late mother (aged 82) flew out from the UK to see her new granddaughter, for reasons known only to herself she packed a humongous jacknife in her washing bag, in her carry on. She and knife made it through Gatwick and Dubai. It was found by security at Don Muang, and returned when we arrived, by airline staff at Chiang Rai...

I do think most of the airport security rules are pointless, but the airport staff are just enforcing global (pointless) rules, so we all have just get on with it.

But has there ever been a case of airport security foiling an attack?

9/11 - Biggest failure of airport security in history.  Knives were not allowed on flights before the tragedy

Shoe-bomber - tackled by passengers on the flight

Liquid bomb (the reason for the 100ml limit) - caught by Police intelligence operation before the flight

Millions of passengers delayed and inconvenienced every day ...... for mock security checks.

8 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

If bought at duty free AFTER SECURITY check, In Australia, those limits don't apply.

Of course, that's only Intrrnational flights.

That's fine if you are flying direct. Good luck getting it onto a connecting flight.

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

er, me. is it so difficult to read and understand what is and is not allowed to be taken on an aeroplane?

er, it is different in different airports. (lighters for example)

My point was that if we have made a mistake, we do not carry on like a fruitcake as did this lawyer.

Edited by DoctorG
incomplete

17 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

"were all Thais and in this together"

Does he mean that they can confiscate whatever they want from non-Thais???

What's he's also reinforcing is to keep Thailand isolated from the world community.

And as already stated the man is a well-known lawyer who should be well ware of the appropriate laws and why they exist and should be a role model for observing the respecting all laws.

A well known lawyer - this man assumes because of his position that he is superior and therefore should be an exception. This ego centricity and inflated view of oneself is a characteristic I see with monotonous regularity here and is why the country is in such a mess - a refusal to abide by certain rules and laws - the carnage on the roads being a good example