3BB - Sky Sports Premier - has anyone been able to get good reception?

stephenterry

This morning I tried to watch last night's game Arsenal V Leicester on Sky Sports Premier through my app box linked to 3BB with LAN cables attached and to the TV. Picture kept crumbling, and froze every minute or so.  Cracking game but complete waste of time. as I missed 3 goals  I recently upgraded 3BB to 30mgb and have called out their service a few times as my reception has been poor, and even worse than my previous 20mgb router.

They have no idea what's wrong, and blame the streaming site, which is either Modbro or UK TV.  I live Hang Dong area, and up to now my internet strength has been excellent and faultless, particularly my laptop and android phone. Has anyone else found issue with streaming from Sky Sports, or better still, get excellent reception always?

I really need to crack this as it's doing my head in.

Most likely it your streaming apps.

I have a paid for service and have watched all the recent England test matches with only the occasional small issue and am correctly half watching the Brighton - Chavchester game in HD which hasn't missed a beat.

I have 3BB. You can pay a 200b premium for world Wide Web access on some of their packages.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

I am in the Hangdong area and recently upgraded my 3BB to what I thought was 30mb but it seems to be hanging around 50mb.   I have a couple of paid for systems which include Sky, BT and Eurosport amongst others and they seem to be playing normally.  there is another free service https://www.firstone.tv/Live/United-Kingdom

Which has Eurosport and BT sport, just tried one of those channels and it was stalling regularly.   I did complain to one of my paid systems the other day and they said 3BB had problems with their international connection.  On the other hand my neighbour had the same problem and he is on AIS. Seems its always someone elses fault! There are some decent suppliers around if you want to pay for them, the better ones have multiple servers to help prevent this same problem.

It appears that a lot of the free apps are having problems streaming sports (amongst other catercories) from the UK.

I have been using mobdro in the past but recently changed to solidstreamz. Mobdro was getting quite unwatchable but it now appears that as Solidstreamz becomes popular, that too is falling away.

Yesterday I tried mobdro again and it's running better of the two.  A mate in Hua Hin is running a subscription from the UK and has no problems with live streaming.

Sometimes I can not access any UK services.....weird that.

Last night I watched the full game without any buffering,between Chelsea and Burnley, on  

Android app Livestream,I was very surprised that there was no buffering,as it seems TOT

are  throttling speeds every night around 8-9 o clock, the speeds you hope you will get are  

just a fantasy ,look how advertised speeds have risen in last couple of years,one service

says 100/30, next week another 200/50 for same price,they are  pulling these figures out

of their @rses,they mean nothing when you connect to overseas sites,everyone squeezing

through the gateway out to the real world. Now I hope its working OK tonight for the Toon

V's  Spurs, fingers crossed.

regards Worgeordie

Remember. The speeds your internet provider advertises are limited to the expected performance within Thailand. Accessing sites outside Thailand results in a drop in the speed when uploading or downloading thru the small Thailand international gateway

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The problems simple. Youre all cheapskates trying to get something for next to nothing then ironically whingeing when its not perfect. The reality is, like it or not, and dont have a go at me, the ONLY legitimate provider of Premiership Football, which they pay a fortune for, are the much maligned True Visions. Everything else is surreptitious illegal streaming, so if thats what you want, dont whinge when it doesnt work.

Me?  I pay the price to True and get perfect HD coverage all the time. "You get what you pay for" as the old adage says!

9 hours ago, EL159 said:

The problems simple. Youre all cheapskates trying to get something for next to nothing then ironically whingeing when its not perfect. The reality is, like it or not, and dont have a go at me, the ONLY legitimate provider of Premiership Football, which they pay a fortune for, are the much maligned True Visions. Everything else is surreptitious illegal streaming, so if thats what you want, dont whinge when it doesnt work.

Me?  I pay the price to True and get perfect HD coverage all the time. "You get what you pay for" as the old adage says!

E/S bit the bullett and went back(2 months ago) to True Visions who  i despise of  , for many different reasons,but they do give a comprehensive EPL coverage live,with replays too,plus all  live rugby and rugby league matchs,  plus  plus other sports,which i require

when i left T/V  after  12 yrs of subscription, CTH mugged me,then tried 2 andriod black boxs,which failed to do the job,so it was back to T/V warts and all,, using the wise old adage #ITS BETTER  TO KNOW THE DEVIL,THEN THE ONE YOU DON,T# so far E/S is very happy with T/V coverage particular the EPL  and both codes of Rugby,and i have the Preminium Package  around 2.,200 baht a month( but they have promotions right now available)around ninety baht a day to have  a reliable service given 24/7 (touch wood)absoulately peanuts when everything is taken into consideration

a very nice morning to all

On 8/13/2017 at 0:10 AM, JaseTheBass said:

Most likely it your streaming apps.

I have a paid for service and have watched all the recent England test matches with only the occasional small issue and am correctly half watching the Brighton - Chavchester game in HD which hasn't missed a beat.

I have 3BB. You can pay a 200b premium for world Wide Web access on some of their packages.

more info on the premium world wide web access please JaseTheBass, 

On 8/13/2017 at 8:22 AM, worgeordie said:

Last night I watched the full game without any buffering,between Chelsea and Burnley, on  

Android app Livestream,I was very surprised that there was no buffering,as it seems TOT

are  throttling speeds every night around 8-9 o clock, the speeds you hope you will get are  

just a fantasy ,look how advertised speeds have risen in last couple of years,one service

says 100/30, next week another 200/50 for same price,they are  pulling these figures out

of their @rses,they mean nothing when you connect to overseas sites,everyone squeezing

through the gateway out to the real world. Now I hope its working OK tonight for the Toon

V's  Spurs, fingers crossed.

regards Worgeordie

and what a great game it was, Up the Clarets:smile:

Just now, Caiman said:

3BB international addon now only available on 200/100 Fibre package for new customers, they've also dropped the 50/20 VDSL which you could previously add the inter addon.

Since when did they drop the 50/20 VDSL. That's what I've got.

Den

On 8/16/2017 at 11:19 PM, EL159 said:

I also have True but I'm not sure I'd agree with you on the "perfect HD coverage".

I got up at 01:30 to watch the Liverpool - Hoffenheim game and there was no crowd sound throughout the coverage, just the commentators voice. Really weird watching a game with the crowd absolutely silent. I hope that was just a one-off glitch.

3 hours ago, Caiman said:

3BB international addon now only available on 200/100 Fibre package for new customers, they've also dropped the 50/20 VDSL which you could previously add the inter addon.

have the 200/100 fibre but for over a year. what does the add on give you, I know I can ask 3BB but the answer may get lost in the translation...

have the 200/100 fibre but for over a year. what does the add on give you, I know I can ask 3BB but the answer may get lost in the translation...

My experience with 3BB 50 VDSL: without "3BB@inter" international streaming from Servers I access in Australia and US would buffer every evening and with the inter addon uninterrupted streaming all night.

I stress this is MY experience, others will no doubt challenge this as not being their experience!

On 08/16/2017 at 11:19 PM, EL159 said:

So you are saying that everyone but True visions is illegal and no matter how much you pay for whatever iptv system they are illegal?

On 8/16/2017 at 11:19 PM, EL159 said:

If you don't want people to have a go at you then perhaps you should not have started by labeling posters cheapskates. My true dish coverage was poor, repeated freezes and loss of coverage. I asked true if I could get it via my fibre internet they said no only dish!

According to you trues inability to provide me with a reliable service makes me a cheapskate.

Simple because you get decent coverage is no guarantee everyone will. What does your assumption make you?

On 8/18/2017 at 9:29 AM, realenglish1 said:

I have paid streaming and use 3 BB and in general I have no problem Again its that your streaming illegally What do you expect 

You may want to get out of your ivory tower, because the only one illegal in this conversation is you Sir.

The OP uses a stream that is freely available on the internet. pirated or not, so he doesn't do anything illegal as long as he doesn't download and save the content.

You Sir, pay to watch a pirated stream which is not freely available on the internet, otherwise there obviously would be no need to pay for it

So you knowingly take part in an illegal activity, and are easily traceable by your payment details and/or IP address that is saved on the illegal server.

Now before you gonna try to ridicule me, you didn't believe that anyone other then True visions was allowed to broadcast Sky or EPL in Thailand, did you?

3 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

True own the broadcast rights in Thailand, so unless another organisation has an arrangement with True, then its obviously illegal. Obviously.

And those not broadcasting from within Thailand?

7 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

The ones who don't own any broadcast rights? Let me think about that...

I am just trying to get this clear.   A company streaming  perfectly legally on the internet , say from the UK,  is illegal in Thailand?

Archived