PM pleased as Bangkok named world’s top city for weekend break

rooster59

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Agreed.

Used to be spectacular in the 90's and early 2000's. If you arrived after 2007/8 you missed the boat.

Yep, first came in 98 and came for 4 months a year up to 2002 when I worked in Taiwan I based my self in Naklua. Used to drink in a boozer in soi Wongarmart called The Fly Inn, had loads of ex-pats, expats families on holiday and ended up a good laugh. I was based there until 2006 and worked in China <deleted> connections in those days so didn't come back so frequently. I went back to Naklua in 2010 and it had completely changed, most of the blokes I knew had left or lost on their businesses and the place looked really run down. it reminded me of a <deleted> hole in east London called Forest Gate only difference was more sunshine in Naklua

Yea right, 6 hours in immigration lines, then 3 hours in traffic jams finally arrive at hotel quick shower and that's Saturday done and dusted.  Quick dinner and bed then arise, shower, back into traffic jams to airport and  join immigration lines for departure.  Doesn't sound like much of a weekend break and I'II give Bangkok a wide miss.  More relaxing peaceful locations to unwind for a weekend.

6 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Yep, first came in 98 and came for 4 months a year up to 2002 when I worked in Taiwan I based my self in Naklua. Used to drink in a boozer in soi Wongarmart called The Fly Inn, had loads of ex-pats, expats families on holiday and ended up a good laugh. I was based there until 2006 and worked in China <deleted> connections in those days so didn't come back so frequently. I went back to Naklua in 2010 and it had completely changed, most of the blokes I knew had left or lost on their businesses and the place looked really run down. it reminded me of a <deleted> hole in east London called Forest Gate only difference was more sunshine in Naklua

And what does any of this nonsense have to do with Bangkok?

The thread is about people who come to Thailand for the weekend. Where I come from in East London the term "Nonce" can be used in jest taking the piss out of mate with a younger bird could be like a 40 year with a 25 year old.It's just banter

No, the thread is about going to Bangkok for the weekend.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, the thread is about going to Bangkok for the weekend.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ok I though Bangkok was in Thailand

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

And what does any of this nonsense have to do with Bangkok?

I was explaining the similarity to Bangkok FYI

Well maybe for a weekend

Have my doubts about this survey too being an ozzy ! 

JUST IN: Melbourne has been named the world's most liveable city for the seventh consecutive year.

Full list:

1 - Melbourne, Australia
2 - Vienna, Austria 
3 - Vancouver, Canada 
4 - Toronto, Canada 
5 - Adelaide, Australia | Calgary, Canada (tied)
7 - Perth, Australia 
8 - Auckland, New Zealand 
9 - Helsinki, Finland 
10 - Hamburg, Germany

** List issued by The Economist Intelligence Unit.