Five year Thai driving licence

Lancelot01

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, johng said:

Will someone with the 10 year licence please post a photo (with the personal information blurred out )so the is there isnt there 10 year debate can end.

Its alredy been posted look back.

Sorry looks as though its been taken down it was here 

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Will someone with the 10 year licence please post a photo (with the personal information blurred out )so the is there isnt there 10 year debate can end.

That doesn't answer the question. There is no doubt that one or two people have managed to get 10 year licences, probably accidentally. I disputed whether the Transport Dept ever issued 10 year licences as a legal option, the same as they do 5 year licences now.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That doesn't answer the question. There is no doubt that one or two people have managed to get 10 year licences, probably accidentally. I disputed whether the Transport Dept ever issued 10 year licences as a legal option.

Not one person who has said they have a ten year licence has said that the DTO issue 10 year licences. Just that they have one slips happen in every goverment department. We went to get our Yealy buisness verification letter from Amphoe been doing it every year for years, this year lady puts dates as from 10/08/2561 to 10/08/2572. It happens get over it.

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Not one person who has said they have a ten year licence has said that the DTO issue 10 year licences. Just that they have one slips happen in every goverment department. We went to get our Yealy buisness verification letter from Amhoe veen doing it every year for years this year lady puts dates as from 10/08/2061 to 10/08/2072. It happens get over it.

I have never said that there has never been a 10 year licence issued accidentally, only that they were never issued legitimately. Nothing to get over.

Just now, giddyup said:

I have never said that there has never been a 10 year licence issued accidentally, only that they were never issued legitimately. 

Which is what the other posters say so why keep on?

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Which is what the other posters say so why keep on?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it was issued in Pattaya in march 2007 and runs out on my birthday in march 2018 .i had it legaly from the guy behind the desk.

and

Life-long and 10 year licences used to be issued, but now it's only 5 year

Might pay you to read the posts.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it was issued in Pattaya in march 2007 and runs out on my birthday in march 2018 .i had it legaly from the guy behind the desk.

Might pay you to read the posts.

Which is right he is saying HE got it legally ie the office issued it to him legally, mistake probably but HE got it legally.

It might pay to read the posts as written in the context they are written in, not your context.

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Which is right he is saying HE got it legally ie the office issued it to him legally, mistake probably but HE got it legally.

It might pay to read the posts as written in the context they are written in, not your context.

Is was never a legal document, because 10 year licences never existed, and what about this comment from another member Life-long and 10 year licences used to be issued, but now it's only 5 year. You don't have a valid argument and you know it. I won't persist because your argument is futile.

1 minute ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well both my car and motorcycle licence were issued in 2011 and expire 2022

I got my car licence 2010, there was no such thing as a 10 year licence then. What you have is a clerical error.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Is was never a legal document, because 10 year licences never existed, and what about this comment from another member Life-long and 10 year licences used to be issued, but now it's only 5 year. You don't have a valid argument and you know it. I won't persist because your argument is futile.

I know IS was never a legal document. 

Glad you have seen sense now and chilled out.

Archived